CH-9

Break In pt-2

Miya was sitting on Mr. Renu's chair while observing Sunny who was busy finding documents from past 15 minutes. Miya sighs as she leaned back on the chair and closed her eyes. 

They were "inside" the mirror, Miya was uninterested to find any documents whereas Sunny didn't leave an inch untouched to find information. After Sunny was done taking all the documents, she noticed that Miya was sleeping. 

"Wake Up, You cant sleep here". Sunny said while shaking her. Miya opened her eyes lightly and yawned. "Are you done?". Miya asked as she gets up from the chair, stretching out. Sunny showed her bag indicating she is done. "Lets get out of here-"Miya said while walking but Sunny cut her words. "WAIT, see this. What the....." Sunny said while looking at the desk drawer near the chair where Miya slept.

Miya came back to the desk as Sunny pulled out the Keyboard support and there was a laptop with a lot of dust on it.

"WOW a laptop. Wanna browse it?" Miya said while sitting on the chair again knowing Sunny is going to open the laptop. Sunny removed the laptop and dusted it a little not realising it was falling on Miya.

"Jeez. Girl! Watch it." Miya said while waving the dust away and getting up from chair. "Whoops My Bad! Sorry!" Sunny said. 

Miya sighed "Hurry up, I need to get back home I just said I am going out for a walk with those 3 idiots. If I don't reach fast Mom will ask their parents and I am dead." Sunny looked at her with wide eyes.

"What! Why didn't you tell me earlier, let me take this laptop then. We will go home. "

"No,NO!You are not taking that. It doesn't matter. Mom will first call me and then if I don't reply she will go to their house" Miya said while showing her phone and sat down while playing a video game. 

Sunny sighed in relief. Miya continued "It doesn't mean I can be here forever. Do it quickly!". Sunny responded with "YUP on it!" She connected the laptop to the nearest switchboard and opened the display to check if something was there.

"Ugh.. WHY!" Miya heard Sunny complaining. "What happened?" Miya asked. "It has a password" Sunny said while closing the laptop.

Miya paused her game and stood up straight, dusting her back. "So let's go now" Miya said while opening the mirror. Sunny followed Miya as they got out of the house.

It was 10:30pm. They walked in silence... Not a word was said. Ruhi felt that it was awkward so she started a conversation.

"Hey. So... What made you change your mind. Do you care that much... About me?" Sunny said with a cheeky smile. "Shut Up. I just didn't want you to get into trouble or else your parents will first call me and I would have to answer", Miya said in a monotone voice. 

Sunny pouted but smiled. Because deep down she knew Miya cared about her. They reach their lane and they go on their separate ways. "BYE! good night" Sunny said while waving as Miya waved backed saying "You too". 

They both turn around and leave. It's like breaking in has become a normal thing for them.

"So you're done with your project?" Sunny's mom asked as Sunny came back home. "Yeah. It's done. It was fun Mom" replied Sunny as she gave her mom a hug.

"I doubt that." Said Sunny's brother and continued talking. "Why are you covered in sweat? I'm pretty sure you guys didn't do your project. Ma I'm pretty sure sister went out with her friends" Sunny panicked and said "No! Why would I do that? I walked home so I would obviously sweat. It's hot outside. I just did my project, really." 

Her brother was surprised and said "Chill. I was just teasing. We all know you're too sincere for that. I was just kidding sis. Relax." Sunny gave an awkward smile and went back to her room. She overreacted. She knows her brother always jokes around but this time she was scared that she would be caught. 

That reminds her of the laptop. She wanted to take it or try something out but she knew Miya's patience was wearing thin. She started looking through the documents again trying to figure things out.

"There must be something" Sunny said as she continued searching.

Miya came home and was greeted by her mother who was sitting on the sofa watching TV.

"Hey Mama, I am back," Miya said while removing her shoes but her mom didn't reply. She went to the sofa and gave a back hug to mom. "Hey mama I am back" she repeated herself, still, she didn't reply. "Something wrong mama?" Miya asks breaking the hug.

"Come and stand in front Miya" her mom ordered her. Miya felt a different aura from her mom. 

She gulped and stood in front of her mom and saw her mom who had an expressionless face. "Yes mama?" Miya said while fiddling with her fingers.

"Where were you Miya?" Miya gave a confused face as she said "I told you, Mama, I went for a walk with-".

"Tell me the truth, Miya. Where.were.you?". Miya did not respond. She started thinking "what the hell!? Did mama find out where I was? Wait no!!". Her mom sighed as she leaned back and said "When you weren't home yet, I decided to ask Yash and he said you never made a plan like this."

Miya widened her eyes as she looked down. "What the hell I thought she will call me!?" Miya tightly gripped her jacket. "At this time of the night where did you go Miya?." Her mom asked again.

"Oh well..."