CH-5

Two-birds with one stone

"Good Morning Students!". The Principal greets the school enthusiastically. Sunny and Miya were in the auditorium for their general assembly, It's time for the Principal to announce a few things for the school. Miya as always was not bothering to listen unlike Sunny who was pretty attentive.

Principal: I hope you all are enjoying the extra classes.

Students just groan and some were shouting "No". The Principal just smiled at the reaction as she knows that students don't want extra classes (Of course which Principal wouldn't know about their students). The principle spoke again.

Principal: Okay so I want to introduce a new staff member to our school who is going to join in place of Mr.Renu as he left the school due to personal reasons. She was recommended by Mr.Renu himself ... Hence I expect there will be no issues.

Sunny was shocked as she heard his name. Miya was not shocked but was excited to know who the new teacher is.

Principal: So students welcome Miss Joyce. *Miss Joyce walks up to the stage* She will be taking all the classes which Mr.Renu used to take. She will also be the official school counselor.

Miya was amused to know about her. She clapped a little and other students too but there was one girl who had many questions in her mind and it was Sunny.

Principal: I request Miss Joyce to say something about herself and school.

Miss Joyce walks up to the mic with a smile and started speaking.

Miss Joyce: I am Miss Joyce and as a former Apollo Hospitals psychiatrist I hope that I'll be able to council and guide you as- *continues the speech*.

Meanwhile Sunny poked Miya to get her attention without getting noticed by the Principal. Miya looked back a little and asked 'What?' as Sunny started whispering to her.

Sunny: Don't you think this is suspicious?

Miya: What is so suspicious? The new teacher?

Sunny: Of course the new teacher.

Miya: She is great. I like her already. Moreover she even works as a psychiatrist so we all will have a better understanding of each other.

Sunny: Are you seriously acting dumb like you don't know about Mr. Renu?!

Miya: Why did he come up-

Miya's gaze landed on the Principal who was staring at them both talking in assembly. Miya quickly and quietly whispered to Sunny.

Miya: Girl Principal is staring at us. We'll talk later.

Miss Joyce:-....Thank you ma'am and thank you students for listening to me. I hope we have a great time.*smiles*.

Miya felt that Miss Joyce emitted a calm and kind aura. The new teacher seemed to impress her but Sunny has so many questions to which there were no answers. Both were having an opposite reaction regarding the new teacher.

The Principal continued giving announcements. She announced that on Wednesday the school would not be open because teachers have a workshop to attend. The students are finally happy as they got a holiday.

The classes continue and all is normal that is until the bell rings and now it's the psychology class. Students were quite curious as to know how Miss Joyce will be... So was Miya. As for Sunny, She was ready to attack the teacher with questions. 

Miss Joyce enters and a few minutes go by as the students introduce themselves. But when it was Sunny's turn to introduce herself... The words which came out of her mouth shocked the class, especially Miya.