Part 22: Relationship? Is that what this?

Y/N POV the next day:
I'm walking around d/n's stall, picking up some of their scales. Meanwhile, d/n is hanging from the roof and looking curiously down at me.
-I know this is weird, but I'll be gone soon, I say and lift up a haystack in the corner, finding a treasure of d/t scales. I smile and put them all down into the bag I brought.
-Thank you d/n! I say and walk out of her stall. She roars after me and flies out of the stall, walking behind me. Then she nudges my shoulder.
-What is it girl/boy? I ask, getting outside from the dragon stables. They run up to be and bufflehead me in the back.
-Hey! I laugh and I stop. They walk in front of me and try to reach around their neck. I giggle at the try. Then they reach for their tail, which they catch and bite off a scale.
-d/n!? I have enough scales! I say, but they drop it into my bag anyway. I sigh.
-Thank you, I smile and walk towards Hiccups hut, d/n flying off somewhere.

I get to Hiccups and slam the door open, startling him.
-Hi Y/N! Did you get the-
-Yeah yeah, I got the scales! I cut him off and hand him the bag. He opens it and looks inside and smiles.
-Great job! Hiccup praises me.
-Thank you! Now may I leave? I say.
-Yeah, sure! Have fun on your date! Hiccup says and smirks. I smirk back.
-Oh, I will, I say and walk out of the hut and into town to buy some bread.

Eret POV:
I'm just setting up some water into the pot and putting it over the fireplace so I can start to boil the water when Y/N comes. I gather my dry leaves and put them in the pot with the water. I start using a stick to heat up the wood, and a small flame builds from the friction. Suddenly the door knocks. I breathe a bit on the flame before standing up and opening it.
There she stands... the woman of the hour. With a loaf of bread in her grasp.
-I told you I would bring snacks, she smirks as I chuckle and let her inside. The fire starts spreading onto the logs and the water starts to warm up. Y/N helps me cut the bread and place out mugs and plates on the table.
-So, how're you settling in? She asks as I pour some tea into the mugs.
-I'm settling in great... It's just eerily quiet, I answer and put down the mugs on the table.

Y/N POV
I giggle as he sits down in front of me.
-Well... maybe one day it won't have to be so quiet, I say and sip lightly on the hot tea.
-What do you mean? Eret asks confused and takes a bite out of his sandwich.
-Well... Maybe, if we continue this... relationship or whatever this is, maybe we can... I don't know. Live together? I say and blush. I smile softly and look up at Eret who stares shocked at me. He swallows his sandwich and smiles softly.
-Relationship? Is that what this is? B-Boyfriend and-and girlfriend stuff? Eret asks.
-W-well... When you put it like that, I say and feel myself blush heavily.
-Yeah, maybe... I-if you want it to be? I ask unsure. Eret laughs in disbelief.
-I- I would love to... He cuts himself off and stares at me.
-I would love to be your... boyfriend, He says softly and laughs airily. I feel myself smile like an idiot.
-And I love to be your girlfriend, I say. We laugh loudly together.

And it felt nice. Being able to laugh like this with someone and actually mean it. I haven't felt this good since... well, since forever. My cheeks were hurting by how big my smile is. My stomach aches by how hard I'm laughing and happy tears escape my eyes.

We stop laughing and dry our eyes.
-Wow, Eret laughs and dries his tears.
-I haven't laughed like that... he begins.
-Since forever, we end at the same time. I smile at him.
-Yeah... I know the feeling, I say and nod.
-Yeah... Eret says.

We continue to drink our tea and eat our bread. And when we're finished, the sun is set high on the sky and a cool breeze is flowing on the island.
-Well... How about some more work and then a date on Saturday? I ask. Eret opens the door for me.
-Sounds great, Eret nods and smiles.
-Good. I'll see you at work tomorrow, I say and smile. I don't really feel like leaving so I take a big step forward and hug him. He quickly wraps his arms around my waist and squeezes me around my middle before letting me go softly. I let go of him and smile.
-See you tomorrow... boyfriend, I smile and back away slightly.
-See you tomorrow... girlfriend, Eret says. I smile and turn around to walk away.

Eret POV
I see Y/N walk away and d/n landing swiftly beside her. I chuckle and close the door.
Girlfriend... wow... My first girlfriend... at 25... ugh, that sounds so sad that it hurts...
But still... couldn't be happier. I have a real, authentic relationship with a real authentic girlfriend.
-I have a girlfriend! I say loudly into my hut.
-I can hear you! I hear Snotlouts voice outside. I look out the window and I can see him glare at me. I wave awkwardly at him. He huffs before walking away.
-Oh wow... I say, still dreaming about her.