Part 43: The plan

Hey guys, sorry for the long wait! I had the worst writers block I've ever had and almost everything halted to a stop. So, I'm finally posting some chapters for you, and we're finally reaching closer to the third movie!
So hold onto y'all's seats, it's gonna be a bumpy ride!
————————————————————————

Third person POV:

Eret paces left and right in the great hall. Astrid watches him sadly, and Hiccup ponders. The twins sulk sadly in a corner, Fishlegs counts the dragons and time and Snotlout thinks of what he said to her before she disappeared. Snotlout then bangs his fist against the table in front of him harshly. Everyone looks shocked at his outburst.
-Why aren't we doing something!? He asks the other angrily.
-We could be out there collecting the dragons right now, and what do we do? We fly back home and sulk in a corner! Snotlout says.
-Snotlout, it's not that easy, Hiccup tries to reason.
-It is that easy Hiccup! Everything is that easy, but you're afraid that it will ruin your reputation as chief! Snotlout says and tears start surfacing. Eret looks concerned at the young Jorgensen.
-She's my sister damn it! And it's my job to protect her. Not yours, yours or yours! Snotlout says and points at Eret, Hiccup and Fishlegs.
-Mine! It's my job! He shouts and points to himself. No one dares to move a muscle.
-Just because Eret is her boyfriend, doesn't mean that I stopped being her brother. Or maybe you forgot that? That I have a relation to her too? A real one? Snotlout says hurt.
-Ever since he came along, I've been invincible to her and to you guys, He says and point to Eret.
-Just because you got a strong new dragon rider, I don't count, is that how it is? He asks. Everyone looks between each other.
-Of course not Snotlout... Hiccup says.
-Well it seems like it. Now what do we do about Y/N's situation? Snotlout asks. It turns quiet again.
-You don't wanna do anything? Just sit and wait? Ok. I'll guess I'll tell mom and dad that Y/N won't be coming back home, Snotlout says with tears in his throat, quickly walking outside.
-I'm afraid that Snotlout is right. You only have 2 days to get them 24 dragons and all you're doing is sitting around, Valka says.
-But mom, I can't just give them dragons! Hiccup says and stands up.
-No. But you can use them as a distraction. It's worked before, Valka says.
-With 24 dragons, each of a different species? That's almost impossible, Fishlegs says.
-No it's not, we already have about 12 of those species on this very island, Eret says and starts pacing again.
-But we can't just give them to the trappers! Hiccup says. Valka face palms.
-No, Hiccup, what Eret is trying to say is that we have 12 out of 24 dragon species to distract with. You'll take them with you, rescue Y/N and the other dragons and go back home, Valka says.
-I'm not so sure that that's a good idea. I mean, we still haven't learned our timings yet and the twins still need to- Hiccup, Astrid interrupts him.
-We'll only learn if you teach us. We're visual learners, Astrid smiles.
-We'll follow your lead, she says. Hiccup sighs.
-Alright, fair enough... Fishlegs? How fast can we make an escape plan? Hiccup asks and they immediately start planning. Eret starts biting on his fingers.
-Eret, why don't you go talk to Snotlout? Valka asks.
-I'm pretty sure he hates me right now, Eret answers and stops pacing.
-You have to talk to him. You and him are going through the same thing. You if anyone knows how he's feeling, Astrid says and puts a hand on Erets shoulder. Eret sighs, but nods and walks after Snotlout.

-Snotlout wait! Eret yells as he spots the boy.
-What do you want? Snotlout answers, turning around, tears staining his face. Eret stops at an respectable distance. He doesn't really know what to say as Snotlout is glaring at him and crying.
-... It's not your fault, Eret says.
-I never said it was, Snotlout spits and forcefully dries his tears.
-No. But you feel like it is. I know how you feel, Eret says. Snotlout breaks out in an angry sob and starts pacing.
-If I had only listened to her! For once in my life, actually listened! Snotlout yells. Eret walks towards him and puts a hand on his shoulder to stop his anxiety.
-Hey, I know, Eret says and tears start to surface.
-I feel, exactly the same way. You're not the one to blame... he continues as Snotlout sobs.
-We all are, Hiccup says from behind Eret.
Snotlout and Eret turn to Hiccup and the others, all miserable.
-I'm sorry... It's my fault, Hiccup says.
-Hiccup... Astrid says.
-No it is, he says, crying.
-If I had just looked at her then... none of this would've happened, Hiccup says, Valka hugging him.
-You're all equally responsible. At the same time that none of you could've predicted this from happening, she says and dries the tears on Hiccups cheeks.
-Which means that you all have to work together to take her back, she continues. Fishlegs clears his throat.
-May I? He asks. Valka nods and smiles.
-There are two species missing. But luckily we have two islands nearby with different species on, Fishlegs says.
-Well what are we waiting for? Snotlout asks.
-Well, we have to be careful, they're not easy to catch. We have to use some kind of bait. Hiccup? Fishlegs turns to Hiccup. Hiccup ponders.
-Well fish could work... question is how do we get them to follow us? He says. Suddenly Toothless drops down beside him and looks confused at the youngsters. Everyone smiles.
-I guess we got a plan, Hiccup says and scratches Toothless under the chin.