Part 33: meanwhile...

Eret POV:
I get the suns rays in my eyes as I wave Y/N off. I sigh as I finally decide to head back to sleep.
I walk slowly as I feel the sun warm my back. I breathe in the fresh morning air. I walk inside my house and get up the stairs and lay down on my bed. I stretch out my arm onto the other side of the bed and look over there. I miss seeing Y/N on the other side of the bed... it felt weird. I had only known her for a couple of months and I was already infatuated with her. I sigh and close my eyes to try to get some more sleep. But all that was running through my mind was the kiss we shared, and how soft Y/N's lips felt against mine. I groan as I sit up and stare outside.
-Well, I'm already awake... Might as well get started with today, I say to myself as I heave myself out of bed. I walk downstairs and make myself a generous breakfast. As I eat, I see the book Y/N read yesterday. It haunts my mind as I finally pick it up and read it. When I finish two chapters of it, I notice that people were starting to work again. I put away the book and get outside. I smile as some of my neighbors greet me.
-Good morning Eret! Y/N's mom, Britta (fake name, since she doesn't have a name in any of the movies or series) greets me.
-Good morning! I say.
-Y/N is away on a mission with Hiccup. I hope you didn't get a scare, she says. I smile fondly at the thought of Y/N.
-No, I... I waved her goodbye at dawn actually, I admit.
-Oh! Britta says in shock and smiles.
-You're that tight, huh? She lets you wave her off and not me, Britta jokes. I laugh.
-Well... yeah, I guess, I say.
-It's Alright. Even though it might not look like it, me and Spitelout are happy that you're the one taking care of our little angel, Britta says and walks away.
-She sure is an angel, I say and walk towards the blacksmith.

-Good morning Eret! Gobber greets loudly as he hits a glowing axe.
-Good morning Gobber! I was just wondering if you had a job for me? I ask. Gobber stops hitting the axe and puts it into a tub of water.
-What? Is your little missy busy today? Gobber says and I turn pink in the face.
-No-I mean yeah... I need something to do, I finish quickly. Gobber nods and twists his long mustache.
-Sure sure... I got some errands that you could run for me. Gives me more time to finish some weaponry I'm working on, Gobber says. I smile.
-Alright... what do I need to do? I ask. Gobber takes up the axe from its water bath.
-Well, you could start by running by the market and get me breakfast, he smiles and I nod.
-Sure thing boss! I jokingly salute him and walk out of the blacksmith.
Working would only do me good now with the extra time on my hands.

During the day, Gobber told me to run all over the islands to get all different kinds of things.
Food, supplies, extra work power. I told him I could help, but he didn't want to be outshined by the islands newcomer.

As lunch draws closer, I feel my stomach growl loudly.
-Go have some lunch with the others. I'll just eat these fresh tomatoes you brought me! Gobber reassures me.
-Are you sure? I ask.
-Yeah yeah! Go! Shoo! He shops me out of the blacksmith and I jog to catch up to the others.
-Hey Eret! Astrid greets.
-Hi, I say and the others greet me too.
We all sit down by the table and eat.
-So, Eret, we were thinking about having dinner at the top deck before sunset. Are you and Y/N going to join us? Ruffnut asks.
-Yeah, sounds great guys! I smile.
-By the way, where is Y/N? Tuffnut asks. I open my mouth to speak, but gets interrupted.
-She and Hiccup went to test his new intervention or something, Snotlout says and takes a long swig from his glass.
-Yeah, they went before sunset, I add and take a bite out of my food.
-Wait, how do you know that? Snotlout asks angrily.
-I waved her off when they left, I answer and look at him. He stands up quickly, but gets stopped by Astrid. I nod at Astrid.
-So, Nothing to do today? She asks as Snotlout sits down. I nod and take another bite out of my food.
-Well, I run errands for Gobber today, since my schedule is open, I say and swallow my food. Astrid smiles and nods.
-I could give you something to work with, Astrid says and I look curiously at her. She mentions me to go outside.
-C'mon, she urges and I follow her out.

Astrid gives me the job to lift heavy stuff for her grandmother.
I think she has dementia or something, since for every thing I lifted for her, she commented: "wow, you're so strong young man".
I always smiled and said "thank you", since, she was an old woman after all. And for an old woman, she had a lot of heavy old furniture.

As the suns begins to go down, I say goodbye to Astrid's grandmother and head home to clean off before joining the others for dinner.
I dress myself of and splash myself with cold water. And Y/N once again enters my mind. I smile and close my eyes as I remember how she cleaned her face furiously when the paint didn't come off of her face. I dunk my whole head into the bucket of cold water. I quickly get my head out of the bucket and gasp, my thoughts now freezed, along with my brain.
I sigh and dry myself off. I dry my hair thoroughly to not catch a cold and tie it up, tightly. I put in new, fresh, warm clothes and head out to eat with the guys. Suddenly I hear a door close beside me. I look towards Y/N's house, but no one gets out. I sigh and walk up to the top deck.

Today's been a long day. I can't wait to meet Y/N tomorrow again, since it looks like she's not coming back before sunset. But let's focus on today. 'It hasn't been half bad, so what am I complaining for? Let's have a great evening out.' I think and run as I see the fire up there getting lit.