Part 25; quality time

Y/N POV
I look up from my book as Snotlout march into the room.
-Hey Snotlout.... what's up? I ask in concern and look up from my book.
-No I just... something and.... eh, forget it, he rambles and loudly stomps upstairs. I try to make out what he was referring to, but couldn't get a clue. So I folded the corner of the page I was on and put it down on the table beside me. I carefully walk upstairs to see Snotlout sitting in his bed, hugging his blanket. I know that something made him very upset.
-Snotlout, what is happening? I ask and walk upstairs and sit beside him on his bed. He only grunts and looks away from me.
-Snotlout, I cant help you if you won't talk to me, I try sweetly. He doesn't make a sound. I sigh and realize that I have to put the big boy pants on.
-Snotlout, you're acting like a baby. What is it that made you so angry that you won't even talk to me? I ask a bit firmer. He scoffs.
-Why would you care? Go be with your boyfriend, he says and hugs the blanket harder.
-Boyf...? I ask myself before a lightbulb lights up in my head.
-You're jealous that I'm spending time with Eret!? I ask in disbelief.
-I said go away! Snotlout reddens.
-Why? He's one of the kindest people on this island and he makes me happy. How could you be this jealous? I think you set a new record for yourself, really, I say and cross my arms and furrow my brows.
-Because now that you have a boyfriend, you'll stop hanging out with us. And I'll miss your teasing. It's much better when the snarky comments come from you than the twins, or even Astrid. I'll miss you, Snotlout says, defeated. My eyes widen in shock.
-And I see the way you look at each other. Soon enough, you'll move together into your own house and get married and get kids, Snotlout says and throws his arms into the air, before they violently smack down onto the bed.
-You're jealous because I won't spend enough time with you and the others? I ask and carefully put my hand on his shoulder. He quickly swaths it off and then it quickly goes to his face as he dry oncoming tears.
-Go to your boyfriend, Snotlout says quietly. I almost smirk at him, but stop myself.
-Come here you big baby, I say and grab Snotlout into my arms, leaning him into my chest.
-Just because I spend more time with Eret, doesn't mean I'll spend less time with you, I laugh lightly as Snotlout pulls his arms around me.
-Besides, I think the twins make good role models for you, I tease. Snotlout immediately pulls away from me and stares at me.
-Please, no. Please don't let them become the new you! Snotlout begs me as he presses his palms together. His bloodshot eyes look panicked at me. I laugh at him.
-No, I won't. I don't trust them to do anything, I finish laughing and grab Snotlouts helmet. I quickly pull it off of his head and mess with his hair, before putting the helmet back on his head.
-Stop that! Snotlout says angrily and fixes his hair and helmet. I just smile at him.
-What? He asks.
-Do you feel better now you little baby? I tease and pinch his cheek.
-Stop it! He laughs and swats my hand away.
-Just... Please don't tell the guys about this, or anything else we've talked about, Snotlout says.
-I promise, I say. Snotlout tales off his helmet. Oh no. He's gonna do a twins thing.
-Jorgensson to Jorgensdottir? He asks. I groaned and sigh before smashing my head into his. I feel a sharp pain hit my head as I pull away.
-Promise.... I cry out and hold my head. I see him doing the same.
-Ok, never doing that again, Snotlout groans as he rubs his head.
-Thank you, I whisper as I feel the pain ease slightly.

-Kids! Let's eat dinner! Mom yells as I hear two pairs of footsteps come in through the door. Me and Snotlout join them for dinner as we now just sit and relax downstairs. I returned to my book and I am deeply intrigued by the characters and their choices. Snotlout is sitting by the fire and keeping it alive. Mom and dad are sitting on the wooden couch and talking about some of the new houses that's being built in town.
Suddenly I hear a knock coming through the door. I look up from the book as I see dad walk towards the door and open it.
-Y/N, it's for you, he growls slightly as he pulls away from the door. I curiously put away my book and stand up and brush off my pants as I walk. I look surprised at the person standing in the doorway.
-Hi Y/N!
-Hi Eret! What's up? I ask and itch my hand that is securely wrapped with the bandage still.
-I just came to check on you. How are you feeling? He asks concerned.
-I am feeling alright, thank you, I smile. He smiles back, making my whole stomach fill with butterflies.
-And I was wondering, if you haven't already eaten, if you maybe wanted to come have dinner with me? He asks.
-Oh! Ummm... I stammer in shock.
-I have already eaten... sorry, I say and blush sheepishly. But I thought Eret would frown... but he does just the opposite. He smiles fondly and stroke my hand.
-It's alright... he says. I smile shyly at him.
-Besides... It's family night, I say and look back into the house. I see Snotlout smile at me and return to the fire when we lock eyes. I look back at Eret.
-I understand. What about going for a fly tomorrow? Eret asks. I grin goofily.
-Fly, tomorrow, I say. Eret nods and waves goodbye as he walks happily back home. I close the door and look at my family. I grab a chair to sit on the other side of the fire we have to keep the house warm.
-So... how's keeping the fire alive going? I ask. Snotlout looks up at me and grins.
-It's going alright.... Hey, did I tell you about what the twins did to old mrs. Eriksdottir? Snotlout asks.
-No! Tell me right now! I laugh as Snotlout starts telling the story of the vicious prank the twins pulled on the poor old woman.

————————————————————————
I thought we needed some brother/sister moments here! I hope you enjoy it so far!