Part 28: numbers and more numbers

Y/N POV:
-And.... done with the last measurement! Hiccup says and writes the numbers down. I smile and turn to Eret who is standing in the corner of the room with a cup of steaming tea.
-Great! Now, me and Y/N can go measure the new gates! Eret says and puts away the mug.
-Yeah... wooo measurements! I say sarcastically and wave my arms up in the air. Eret chuckles and grabs my hand.
-Yeah! And uh, I'll come and watch the blueprints when you're done! Hiccup says. I smile at him and Eret nods.
-You got it chief! Eret says and we make our way outside to get to Gobber to get the old blueprints for the gates.

-I'm going to be really tired of numbers when this is done, I sigh as I see the blacksmith. Eret chuckles and lets my hand go as we go separate ways to find Gobber.
-Gobber! I shout as I hear Eret's voice echo me.
-Gobber! I shout again, Erets voice echoing mine again. Suddenly I see Eret through a hole in the shelves. I giggle, making Eret look surprised at me through the hole. He then smiles.
-So, what brings you 'round here? Eret asks teasingly. I smile and lean towards the hole.
-Oh, you know. Just looking for ancient old blueprints to revive an old memory, I say casually and Eret smirks looking around.
-You know I kinda like this, he admits quietly. I furrow my eyebrows.
-Like What? I asked.
-Like this. Private and act like a 15 year old again. With you, he says and I smile.
-You make me feel younger and possibly immortal. You make me happy Y/N, Eret says happily. I feel myself blush.
-Oh Eret.... that's so sweet...! I say. We spend a second in silence before I bring myself the courage to say something back.
-Eret, I- Hey there lovebirds! I get interrupted by a loud voice. I quickly look to my right and there stands the man of the hour. Gobber.
-Uhm... Eret says, face flushed.
-Hi Gobber... I say.
-What do you need from me? He asks and smiles amusingly.
-We Uh, I say and dust myself off, feeling embarrassed. I think Eret has a point. He did make me feel like I was 15 again. No worries, just living life in the moment. We could be ourselves around each other. He smirks even bigger when he sees Eret's red face.
-We wanted to borrow the old blueprints for the gates. We want to build new ones, I say and walk up to him.
-Alrighty lass. Let me just find them first, Gobber says and walks away as Eret walks up to me.
-Well... that was embarrassing, Eret says and I laugh at his still shocked face.
-We got caught red handed, I laugh. Eret only nods. I calm down.
-What? You never got caught red handed before? I ask and smirk. Eret smirks right back at me.
-You know I have, he winks and I smack his shoulder.
-I got 'em! I hear Gobbers voice as he comes running back to us.
-This... is some ancient scripts, so be awfully careful, he says and first decides to hand them to Eret.... But hesitates before handing them to me. I smile as Eret's face lights up in confusion.
-Wha...? He says and looks utterly confused at Gobber and I stifle a laugh. Gobber smiles apologetically.
-I'm sorry lad, but I trust her more than I trust you, he says and shrugs before walking away and we soon hear metal clanging. Only then do I begin laughing. Eret bumps his shoulder to mine and walks away. I quickly run after him.
-Aw, tough boy can't handle a little embarrassment? I ask giggle. Eret chuckles and puts an arm around my shoulders.
-Just because you called me tough boy, he says and I laugh.

Later that evening:
-And... last measurement.... I say and wrote down the last number on the new blueprints. I huff out air and sit down in the chair behind me and then let out an exaggerated groan.
-Finally! I yell as Eret laughs.
-You're really bored, aren't you? He says and sits on the chair next to me.
-Yes! I say and we laugh.

When we stop laughing, we decide to walk to the great hall and eat something. We bring the new blueprints to get some more ideas and the ok from Hiccup to start building it.
-Hey guys! Guess what we got! I say, as if I have the biggest gift in the world. Everyone stares in shock at me as I throw the blue prints open onto the table. Everyone gawks at the new blueprints of the new gates.
-What's the material going to be Y/N? Fishlegs asks excitedly and studies the prints.
-Well... the old ones were of the old rocks that just stood at the seaside, and it took two generations to finish... But we set for an easier approach, since we can't fly two big rocks at fasten them at the bottom of the sea. So we chose; metal, I explain.
-Fireproof, Eret says and puts an arm around my shoulders, making Snotlout glare.
-And, uh, the other gate, we decided to make it a dragon. Surprise! I say and everyone wow's at the design we made.
-Oh! How about we paint the Viking red! Tuffnut exclaims loudly.
-And the dragon green! I hear from Fishlegs.
The youngsters continue to marvel and writing down their ides in the corner of the papers. Hiccup and Astrid walks in and joins in on the train.
-Wow Eret and Y/N! You did a great job! Hiccup says and looks at the print.
-We're a real dream team, aren't we? I ask Hiccup and dramatically leans onto Eret, making Eret chuckle.
-You sure are! Hiccup says and nods impressed.
-So, when can we start building? He then asks making me stop in my tracks.
-What? Eret laughs.
-What's the plan? Hiccup asks, making every Viking in the hall quiet down. I look at Hiccup with hope, and he nods. I look towards the big stage-like seating space where we would soon share our meetings. I grab Eret's hand and drag him after me. We get up into the stage and everyone gathers around us.
-We're going to need every dragon we have to make this possible! I announce loudly for everyone to hear.
-And we're going to need lots and lots of metal! Eret joins me. Hiccup comes running up to us with blueprints in hand.
-We need everyone's hands for this vision to come true! Hiccup says and everyone cheers loudly.
-So Listen up people! Y/N and Eret is in charge of this operation! If you are uncertain and unsure, you ask them, alright? Hiccup says and hands Eret the blueprints. I smirk up at him and he rolls his eyes. Then he holds out the blueprints to me. I grab them and he lifts our arms high up in the air as the people shout in glee.

Eret POV:
I can't believe that this amazing woman and I are going to have our first own project... I can't wait for her to stand by my side and guide our people-I mean, the people.
Suddenly I feel a tug on my arm and Y/N jumps up and hugs me. I laugh and hug her back, spinning around in the process. Her gorgeous e/c eyes stare into mine and I feel myself leaning closer. But I quickly get pushed away and Snotlout quickly takes Y/N hand and makes a victory pose. I glare down at him for always disturbing our moments. But not for long. I look up and see Y/N laughing at me. Her smile brings a million butterflies into my stomach and I can't help but smile. Her laughter sounds like an angels blessing as it echoes through my mind.
I can't believe that I'm going to have this woman right by my side... forever...