Part 44: alone

Meanwhile with the trappers,
Third person POV:

Y/N glares at the trappers as they walk by every now and then, in hope that they will drop dead or let her out. Maybe she has mind powers, no one knows. She sits deep in thought and sadness as a loud banging on the cage can be heard. Her thoughts disappear and she looks up, which she comes to deeply regret.
-Hello pretty lady, the nasty trapper says. The same trapper that had put a blade to her neck. She glares at him.
-Oh, don't be like that now. I brought you food, he says and throws a moldy bread piece in and places a cup of sea water by the entrance. Y/N scoffs.
-You call that food? she says.
-Don't use that attitude at me, the trapper spits. Y/N picks up the bread piece and walks to the entrance and picks up the cup of water.
-You don't know what we have to go through to get this, he says.
-Now eat and be grateful that we don't starve you to death, he continues.
-Like the dragons? Y/N asks. The man chuckles.
-You're very smart. Now be smart and eat your food, the man says.
-I'd rather starve, she says.

Y/N quickly splashes the sea water over the trapper, dropping the cup and taking his collar in her fist and shoving the moldy bread piece in his mouth. She pulls his face through the bars of the cage and he looks fearfully at the woman.
All the trappers nearby aim their weapon to her but she doesn't budge.
-Where are we going? She asks. The man muffles scared sounds through the bread.
-Release my dragon, I growl at him and pull his throat onto the bars. He breathes harshly through his nose.
-And why would we do that? A trapper asks and quickly aim his sword at Y/N.
-Or else, she says and pulls the trappers throat harder into the iron bars of her cage and he gags.
-You won't see him again, she looks at the trapper with the sword. The sword quickly gets put into the cage and pushes against Y/N's cheek. Her heartbeat speeds up.
-Release him! The swordsman orders.
-Release my dragon! She yells back. The swords gets pushed further.
The man with bread in his mouth mumbles angrily at the trappers.
-What? The trappers ask. One of them comes forward and takes the bread out of his mouth.
-Release the damned dragon! He yells groggily. The trappers look unsure at each other.
-Do it! Now! He yells as his throat gets blocked off. The trappers quickly find my dragon and releases them. They stop before flying away and looks at me. I nod at them. They nod back and fly towards Berk.

-Now, release him, the swordsman threatens. Blood starts to drip from my cheek. I look challenging at him. He starts cutting my cheek.
I release the other man, who falls onto the floor and coughs. The sword disappears from my cheek. More blood drips and my fingers touch the wound, and of course they get covered in blood. I rip off a piece of my shirt and press it to my cheek as the man stands up and laughs at me.
-Did you think you could stop us? There's still a deadline for your life... better start counting, he says rasping and walks away. I back into the far back of the cage and sit down.

Later on Berk;

D/n anxiously roars as they land on Berk. Many humans get upset and scared of the loud sound. The gang and Eret and Valka as well as Gobber are planning the catch of all the dragons during this next day when someone suddenly barges into the great hall.
-Chief! There's a wild dragon in town square! He yells.
-What? Hiccup asks and shares a look with his mother. Everyone runs down to the square but stops as they see the anxious dragon.
-D/n? The twins ask. Eret walks thirds the dragon.
-D/n! D/n calm down! He yells to try to calm the dragon. D/n stops and looks down at Eret.
-D/n, are you ok? He asks. D/n growls sadly and puts their head in Eret's hands. Eret pets them and look at the others. Snotlout walks up to them and pets d/n's side.
-Why would they let them go...? Eret asks to himself.
-Don't worry people! It's just d/n! Gobber announces.
-D/n? Then where's Y/N? Britta, Y/N's mom asks. They push through the crowd that's formed and the gang looks at each other, realizing they haven't told anyone of the missing girl.
-Where's my daughter!? Spitelout asks angrily. Eret sighs and realizes that he's the ones who gets to bite the bullet.

-It's my fault, he says.
-What? Britta asks surprised.
-We were following Hiccup and I flew in front of her for a split second and... trappers took her, Eret says and looks the parents right in their eyes. Spitelout growls and takes one step fir and to speak his mind.
-You! You were supposed to look after her! He yells at Eret. Eret hangs his head in shame.
-No, dad, it's not his fault, Snotlout quickly jumps in and stands beside Eret. Spitelout looks at them in confusion.
-We're all to blame actually, Snotlout says and the gang all hang their heads and look at each other.
-You... what? Spitelout says in shock.
-But we're getting her back! We have a plan! Hiccup tries to brighten up. Spitelout turns to him. He grabs Britta's hand and pulls her with him. He stops by Hiccup and pokes him in the chest.
-You shouldn't have lost her in the first place, Spitelout spits and moves back through the crowd and back home again.
And deep down they knew he was right... they shouldn't have lost her in the first place...

Back at sea:
The night was cold and harsh on the boat. Water and as splashing with the wind blowing cold Y/N's arms and skin, making her shiver. Her stomach is growling, as the trappers decided to actually starve her after the stunt she pulled earlier. She starts thinking of her family, her friends and Eret. How would they react? What are they thinking? Do they miss me? All these thoughts are barreling in her head and tears starts flowing. She's never been away like this from anyone ever. She looks at the stars on the sky and hoping that they knew that she was ok, and that she'll be fine... cause hopefully she is not in any immediate danger... yet.