[1] Prolog

It was a normal day, a couple was getting ready for their second child. The mother worked hard to deliver her baby to the world with her husband by her side. After a quite long hours, the baby screamed her first cry.

"Congratulation. It's a baby girl," said the doctor.

The parents had a sigh of relief. "I want to hold my daughter, please," asked the mother.

The doctor handed the new born into her mother's arm. Both of her parents cried a happy tear, but soon it demised when the baby opened her eyes.

"Doc," called the mother, "what happen to my baby's eyes? Why are they white?" She asked in panic.

The doctor rushed to their side and examined the baby. He soon realized her eyes were pure white and he knew the problem.

"Mr. and Mrs. Parios, I am sorry to inform you that your daughter is blind. It is purely genetic there is nothing we can do," the doctor sadly informed.

The mother began to cry while her husband rubbed her back. "It's okay, love. She might not be perfect, but we'll give her love that can bright her day. Her flaw wouldn't be her weakness, instead it will give her strength," assured the father.

The woman tried to stopped her sobs. "You're right. After all, she's the alpha's daughter," she replied.

"What would you named your daughter, Alpha?" the doctor asked still holding the small baby.

Mr. and Mrs. Parios smiled at each other and answered his question, "Corona. Her name will be Corona Parios."

A few years passed as little Corona spent her day with her parents and older brother. She was 10 at the time and she enjoyed her days despite being unable to see.

The little wolf laid her head on her front paws. Her eyes closed and she laid on the meadow bathing on the glory of the sun. She couldn't see the bright light, but she could feel it warmth. Her dirty white fur waved whenever a wind struck by.

A nose nuzzled her side and she whimpered in response. When she didn't open her eyes, it did it again a little bit harder this time. The act made her flip to her side. She groaned as she forcefully opened her eyes and took notice of her brother whereabouts.

"Come on, sis. I know you can sense me," Axel, her older brother by three years, licked her awake in his wolf form. "Time for dinner," he said still through mind link.

Corona ran after his brother's brown wolf form, fully aware of her surrounding. With the lack of sight, Corona must learn how to see with her other senses. Fortunately, she was a fast learner. Five years was all she take to control her senses.

Soon the siblings reached their home and shifted back to human. The older one sneaked to the kitchen to grab a few pieces of cookie without their mother knowing. He then joined Corona on the couch and handed her the extra cookie.

"Axel Parios, what did I tell you about eating snack before dinner?" Their mother yelled at him as she caught them eating.

"Sorry, mother," was all he could mutter, but Corona knew her brother would try this again in the future.

Their mother sighed, "come, dinner is served. Wash your hands before sitting on the table," she warned.

"Okay," both siblings agreed and went to the sink.

"Where is father? Is he not joining dinner with us?" Corona asked looking sad as she reached the dinner table.

A hand patted her head much to her surprise. "Father is a little bit late," whispered her father as soon as he came, "I would never miss the opportunity to eat with all of you."

Corona smiled bright at her father as he settled in. The family started their dinner shortly. They exchanged their own story through out the day. Happiness radiated from their little family.

After dinner, Corona helped her mother clean out while Axel talked to his father. As the father and son talked happily, his face turned serious as someone mind linked him.

"I'm sorry, son. The pack need my help at the border," he stated.

Axel nodded approvingly. The boy knew the responsibility his father took as an Alpha of the pack. One day, he'll be the Alpha better than his father.

"Good luck, father."

"Be careful."

◇◇◇

"Shit!" A girl jolted from her sleep. She rubbed her head trying to ease the headache. "That damn dream again," she mumbled.

She put on her silk robe to cover her naked body. She exited her bedroom and strolled downstairs to find a refreshment. She went to the kitchen only to find her coffee mug was missing.

"Here. I save it for you," called a voice from the living room.

She glanced at the voice and approached nearer. "What are you doing here, witch?" She tried to hiss but to tired as she grabbed her mug.

"Don't be so cold on me, old friend. I mean it's nothing new for me to crashing in your place," the witch answered positioning herself better on the armchair.

The girl rubbed her temple. "I told you million times to stop bothering me, Eli," she sighed.

"Oh come on, Freya. You have the most hidden hideout than any of my friend," Eli the witch stated while adjusting her large pointy hat.

The girl, known as Freya, let it slipped as she knew how stubborn the witch could be.

"Besides, I might found a mate for the lone wolf," Eli added.

Freya raised her eyebrows. "What do you mean by that? I'm not playing your games," her white eyes burned hole into her opponent.

Eli shuddered at the constant stare. "Geez, calm down a little, okay? I'm not playing here," she demanded as Freya took her eyes off the poor woman. "It's not easy, but I found your mate."

Freya hummed for her to continue as she sipped on her black coffee. "She lived in one of the human town not too far from here," Eli continued.

Freya took a deep breath and concluded, "so you're telling me that my mate is a human?"

"No. This is actually the ironic part. 'She' is a vampire."

Everyone knew the disputed between the werewolf and the vampire, it was nothing new. But here a 25 years old witch told a 113 years old lone werewolf that her 'mate' was possibly her archenemy. Not only that, the said person was also a girl from the same gender.