[11] Story

"I'm fine, mom."

"Where are you right now? You better come home immediately if you still want to be my daughter," threatened the other side of the line.

"I told you, I'm at a friend's place. Be back in a few days. Please don't kick me out off the family," pleaded Astra.

"Yes, but where? You're not in Collete's and I know you don't have that many friends. It has been two days and you've been giving me the same answer. So let me ask again, where are you?" replied Genevieve.

"I'm sorry, but I can't tell you. Please trust me."

Astra's mother sighed from the other side of the phone. "Seriously Astra, stop making me and your dad worry."

The girl stayed quiet for a while letting her mother calmed down. "Hey, mom. Did uncle Nyx come by when I'm not around?" Astra hesitatingly asked.

"No. I haven't seen him for a while. Why?" answered Genevieve, but when her daughter didn't answer she asked again, "Astra, did you get yourself involve in your uncle's issues?"

"I wouldn't call it an issue. But I might choose a different side," Astra sheepishly laughed.

"I hope you know what you're doing. I don't recommend you going against your uncle, but if it's enough for you to leave home, you must have been prepared," sighed her mother.

"Yeah, they take really good care of me."

"Just don't bother whoever you're with. We love you, Astra. Take care," said Genevieve concerned.

"Love you too. Tell dad I love him too," bid Astra before she hung up her phone.

"Hey, how's your mother?" asked Eli as she saw Astra from the hallway.

The girl turned her attention to the new arrived person. "You know worried as always."

"She must be. After all her only daughter is missing for a couple of day. It's natural for parents to worry."

Eli then joined Astra by the sofa. She magically made a cup of tea appears on her hand. She offered Astra which declined. The witch continued to sip her tea.

"Have you talk to Freya?"

Astra sighed sadly, "not yet. I don't want to push her too much."

"Knowing you, she would tell you her darker side. Thanks for giving her time," assured Eli.

"How much of her past do you know exactly? You seem to know what to do whenever, you know, that happen."

Eli laughed. "Honestly I know nothing about her. I only heard stories in my family and the rest I have to feel it first hand."

Astra giggled along with Eli. They definitely became quite good friends. Mostly because Freya kept locking herself in her room. So as a good person Eli is, she accompanied Astra almost every time. Blame it to Freya as Eli would say.

As the girls busied chatting, Freya made her appearance in the lounge. Both the girls' eyes trailed at her. She had a really bad appearance different from her usual self. Her hair was messy, her shirt was on the wrong side, even she didn't have her pants right. Overall she looked tired and anxious.

Freya slumped down into a nearby armchair. Eli and Astra tried to hold their laugh but failed. They felt pity but still couldn't hide their amusement. Freya on the other hand too tired to even care.

"You look terrible. Are you okay?" concerned Astra.

"No kidding. She looks awful," commented Eli in between her laugh.

Freya let out a sigh, "I don't think I'll ever ready."

Eli finally stopped her laugh. Astra looked to also ponder. Freya was not herself and she was too scared to show her true self. But she didn't want to give up on Astra as Astra to her.

"Say," Eli said catching the others attention, "how about both of you spend some time outside. Maybe being holed up in this place narrowing your judgement."

"I don't know. What about the vampires?" Astra hesitated.

"Leave them to me. It's been too long since you have a date, right? Just go out and enjoy the day," suggested the witch.

Astra looked at Freya who was actually agree with Eli. The girl finally gave up and let Eli does her thing. The witch summoned her magic staff and with one knock transformed Freya into a much more appropriate look.

Eli handed Freya her walking stick, "here. In case you get a little fussy again." Her attention went to Astra, "take care of her alright?"

Astra nodded and left the castle with Freya. They both wandered around town. Freya definitely worried of her own condition, but ignoring Astra wasn't the best solution. So she stayed quiet along the road.

"Where do you want to go first?" Astra tried to start a conversation.

"Umm, I don't really have a specific destination," said Freya awkwardly.

Astra sighed, "I know you're nervous. Trust me, me too. But just for today can we please pretend to be a normal couple. Forget about the wolf and vampire stuff," she paused for a moment, "I want to spend the day with Freya, the blind woman who I crashed into. I'm not going to judge your past you know. I only want to know who this person in front of me is."

The other person kept her mouth shut. After she took a deep breath she finally spoke, "I'm sorry. I just hate the idea of you knowing my dark side. But it won't be fair if I keep avoiding it. You're right, I almost lose sight of myself. Let's have a nice date, shall we?"

Astra smiled at her. "Yup. You do owe me a date after you bailed out on our last one," she chuckled.

"Oh come on. I treated you a cake, didn't I?" argued Freya.

"Before you left me all alone," countered the teen. "You better treat me something good this time. Or I wouldn't even consider being your mate," threaten Astra.

Freya opened her mouth in disbelief. "Well, I would love to, young lady. Unfortunately I am but a poor lonely blind woman who haven't have a job," joked the older woman.

The girl slapped her in the arm. "Seriously. Just how come you can survive this long?"

"Usually I hunt for my own meal, but lately I just took it from Eli as her payment for staying at the castle," answered Freya.

"I really don't understand the relationship between you two. Fine, today's on me, but I expect a full dine course if you want me to stick close," Astra said with a smirk.

"Darling, food is the last thing you have to worry if you're with me," smoothed Freya.

◇◇◇

A/N: My phone has been crashing lately. I just got it fixed. Anyway, can't help but amazed at the amazing support for this story, thank you. Also I have my final exam starting next week and hopefully it won't mess the next update. Wish me luck! (because believe me, I need it 😂)