[33] Closer

I have a news... Do you guys know that it's already been a year since I worked on this book (which is slow according to my initial calculation)!!! Thank you for the first 40 followers I got because of this book and all of you who always leave a vote or comment to make my day better.
So here I present to you chapter 33...

◇◇◇

"Your end is near. Engulf the souls with fear."

Shadow like creatures emerged from Lilith's own shadow. The shadow creatures launched themselves at the remaining three werewolves that still followed Lilith. Even though she put in more power into the spell, it wasn't enough to kill them. At the very least it was enough for her to extent her distance.

The vampire managed to take out two out of five werewolves who after her. It was a hassle to even kill one. She couldn't afford to stop or they might gang up on her and cut her escape. It had been almost a whole day and she hadn't stop running since. They had persistence, she gave them that.

As the werewolves busy with the shadow creatures, Lilith stopped to catch her breath in a hidden place. She took out her blood stash to replenish her energy. Unfortunately it was empty as she hadn't refill it in a long time.

"Damn it!" cursed the tired vampire.

She was trying to calm down as the adrenaline was rushing in. But it seemed like the world didn't allow her to take a rest. Her hiding place was shattered to crumbles as the werewolves forced their way in.

One was breaking down the wall as the others reached out for her vulnerable parts. In that split seconds, Lilith noticed the crazed eyes the wolves had. They were nothing she ever seen before.

"Just a bit more. I refuse to let it end here," Lilith mumbled as she used whatever power she had left to teleport.

◇◇◇

In another place, our courageous witch was enjoying her afternoon walk not too far from the village. She kept worrying about Freya and Astra. She wanted to help more but this was her limit. To add on that matter, Lilith hadn't came in contact either.

Out of the blue a portal suddenly opened before her. Out from it came Lilith, completely exhausted and full of cuts. The vampire crashed into shocked Eli. The young woman held her steady and let herself be used as a support.

"What happened?" wondered Eli.

Lilith tried to catch her breath. "Hurry... Teleport... Out," she replied stumbling with her words.

"What?" Eli asked confusedly.

Lilith didn't answer anymore, so Eli helped her sit down. Lilith knew the werewolves were near and could come out at any second. It wasn't even near 1 kilometer from her original spot. She had to somehow tell Eli to teleport far away.

"Is Freya and Astra okay? Hey answer me!" Eli shook Lilith's body.

"Teleport... Now."

"Tell me what happened dammit!"

Right before their argument get more heated, howls and growls were heard approaching with every second. The two women looked at the source and there they found three hungry werewolves.

"Now!" Lilith screamed.

Surprised by Lilith's voice and the fast approaching danger, Eli hastily summoned her staff and casted the spell.

"Voyager's path, straight and true. Guide the lost and forgotten to you. Let the northern light take us to a place we choose."

A magic circle was drawn around them. When the circle completed, a light blinding their surrounding. They were gone the moment the werewolves reached their original position. The hunters couldn't follow their scent anymore since it was beyond their capability.