[25] Vault

A/N: I'm alive! Without further ado... Enjoy!

◇◇◇

"I never thought there will be a day where I see you again," revealed Grandma Rose.

Freya was just putting Eloise on her bed. She closed the door to Eloise's room and faced the awaiting daughter. The blind werewolf chuckled.

"I thought you said you don't remember me."

Rose accompanied Freya downstairs. "I don't fully remember, but I do remember growing up with a nice sister figure until I was 15."

"Right, you're an only child in the family. Everyone else have siblings except you," Freya joked.

"Now I remember I had heard it somewhere before," Rose smiled recalling the past. "So, you're Freya now. I remember that's not how they called you."

Freya was reminded of her time with the family a long time ago. "I thought it'll be nice. After all, you're the one who called me Freya the first time."

"The goddess of war and beauty, suits you don't you think?"

"Indeed," the said woman smiled.

There was a small brief of silence. Freya decided to sit on a couch while Rose brewed her tea. After a while, the elderly lady came back with two cups of tea. One for Freya and the other for herself.

"How... How does Eli?"

"Hmm?" Freya was sipping her tea.

"She's been gone for a few years, I'm worried about her," completed Rose.

"She's okay, I guess," admitted Freya, "a bit of a wimp, but she's good with her magic."

"She was so eager when mama told the kids stories about you. Caitlyn wasn't interested in a bit, but Eleanor she was obsessed by it," recalled Rose. "She found Grandma's books I kept in the attic, and after that there was no stopping her from learning magic. I had to ask mama for help  before she hurts herself."

"She's special. That much I notice," complimented Freya.

"She's one of a kind. No human can learn and master magic in the short time she had."

As they busied talking about a certain girl, the youngsters came in as if on cue. Caitlyn went to her room to take a quick shower, Astra immediately sat on Freya's lap, while Eli found her way to the kitchen.

"Grandma, do you have any snacks?" asked the young witch.

"Eleanor Jaden Reynolds, do you have no manner?" scolded the elderly, "wash your hands first!" before she walked into the kitchen.

Eli shuddered at her grandmother's voice. She instinctively answered, "yes, ma'am."

Astra chuckled at the sight. Freya held her close by her waist with one hand while the other reached out for her tea. The younger girl rested her head in the nook of Freya's neck. Her hands found their way around her girlfriend's shoulder.

"They're funny people," commented Astra.

"Do you like it here?" asked Freya after a sip of tea.

"Of course. But we can't stay here for long. Who knows when uncle Nyx might appear next or when Lilith going to turn on us."

"How is she by the way?" Freya asked referring to the other vampire.

"The same. Still lurking in the shadow whenever I turn around," replied Astra, "although I think she's shown interest in Eli."