[22] Witches

The next day, after a long night sleep, the group tidied up their camping site. Astra and Freya looked closer than ever after whatever session they had the other night. The couple had been gone for a morning walk leaving Eli behind with the mysterious vampire.

Eli had been keeping an eye on her. Her reasons were because Freya seems to ignore the part where this vampire came from and because Astra might soften at her own kin.

"Are you done inspecting me?" asked Lilith as she drank a red liquid.

"I need to make sure you're not casting any spell on us. It's part of my job," replied the witch which only answered with a hum. "What is it that you're drinking anyway?"

"Why do you want to know?" challenged the vampire.

"Nothing, just curious because you seem to leisurely enjoy it rather than helping me find a way to help Freya!" Eli lashed back.

Lilith giggled as she approached the human. "It's blood. Do you want to take a sip?" she offered the content to Eli.

On the other hand, Eli made a disgust face. "Why do you vampires like stuff like that anyway? I never seen Astra drink one before."

The vampire took another sip before answering Eli's rhetorical question. "Astra probably hasn't have any. It's understandable since young vampires start to crave blood at the age of 18. To us, blood is a bliss like alcohol to humans. In addition it gives extra energy like a banana."

"A banana? Seriously, you're comparing a red sticky liquid with the world most favoriteable fruit?"

"Don't move!" Lilith abruptly stopped Eli from rambling anymore.

"Wha—"

Lilith put her finger in front her mouth noticing Eli to stop talking. Then she glared at Eli, more like at something behind the girl, as her blue eyes started to glow. Eli could feel the killing intent from the person in front her. She thought it was directed at her, that was when she felt another killing intent from behind her. But soon Lilith chased away whatever behind Eli with only her aura.

"The hell!" shouted Eli inaudibly.

"There's a wild animal behind you. Clearly thinking you'll be an easy prey," Lilith notified her.

Eli was sweating from the chilly aura the vampire's emitted. The pressure of raw power was clearly what drove away the predator. Eli was once again reminded of who the woman in front her is. Lilith might looked like an emo goth girl, but there was a reason why Nyx trusts her with Astra entirely.

"Is it okay for you to leave Astra alone with Freya? I thought it's your job to watch her 24/7," said Eli.

"What about you? Can you trust her with Astra by themselves?" Lilith turned back the question. "Astra promised me Freya won't harm her. You might think of me as one of Nyx's subordinates, but I came here simply because I worried for Genevieve's child."

"Then help me help Freya. There must be an answer somewhere," pleaded Eli.

"We can't help her if she doesn't tell the truth."

With that the vampire left Eli wondering. She knew she can't let her guard down with Lilith around. Regardless of her sweet and convincing words. If Astra and Freya wanted to disregard the danger, Eli must stayed vigilant so it won't bite back at them.

An hour later, Freya returned with Astra hand in hand. They seemed satisfied with something. Freya gestured the rest to gather around.

"There's something I want you to know. Astra said it might help to find the solution," stated the werewolf. "A hundred year ago, my pack was killed by another pack and I believe I killed that said pack. That is the start where I lost control over Eirlys."

"Wait! I thought you killed your own pack?" questioned Eli. "At least that's what they told me. Because you went rogue, your wolf hated you and severed your bond."

"Someone must changed the story for some reason," confirmed Freya.

"The story they told you doesn't even make sense. Only a child would believe that," snickered Lilith.

"Hey, my nana told me that story!" protested Eli, then it hit her. "My nana... She was the one who taught me magic and told me about you."

"The head witch of that time was the one who binded me away from Eirlys. If she is your ancestor surely someone in your family knows something," concluded the wolf.

"We can ask her! We can ask nana! We need to get home! I need to get back home!" shouted Eli excitedly.

"That's great!" Astra exclaimed.

But then, Eli's excitement stop shortly. "But we can't. I'm out of cash. I spend all of my saving for our trip here and back. How can we even go to Canada without plane?" cried the witch.

"I was wondering since a while ago, why don't you use teleportation?" asked Astra.

"I can't, it's too far. My magic isn't enough."

Lilith moved closer to Eli. She placed her right thumb on Eli's forehead and gripped her right shoulder with the other hand to stop her from struggling. The vampire then closed her eyes despite the witch's constant protests.

"Maybe it's because you don't know the right spell," Lilith deduced as she let her go and opened her eyes. "I have suspected you has a big amount of magic power, and I am right, it might even greater than Lord Nyx."

"What you're saying?"

"If Lord Nyx can teleport back to Astra wherever she is, that means teleporting such a distant place is do-able. You just need the right spell for it," explained Lilith. "I can teach you. That way we can arrive at your destination faster."

"No way. No vampire will teach me magic, especially you," Eli rejected the offer.

"Do it." commanded Freya shocking the witch. "It's our only option."

Lilith grinned at Eli's shock and defeated look. She offered the witch her hands, "take my hands."

"Why?"

"That way I can control your energy in case it goes wild."

Eli hesitantly took Lilith's hands. They stood face to face with Astra and Freya beside them. Eli summoned her magic staff to enhance her magic.

"Repeat after me," ordered Lilith.

Eli nodded as they started chanting.

Voyager's path, straight and true.
Guide the lost and forgotten to you.
Let the northern light take us to a place we choose.

As the two of them chanted their spell, a large magic circle appeared engulfing the four of them. The circle glowed brighter as the spell repeated over and over. On a split of a second, they were not in Brazil anymore.

"Is it working?" asked Freya.

"We made it," Eli murmured.

Her body was shaking and legs were wobbly. She would fall if Astra didn't catch her in time.

"Eli, are you okay?" concerned Astra.

"Just a bit tired. Nothing I can't handle," assured the witch.

"You did great," Lilith complimented as she took a big gulp of blood from her stash.

"Thanks, I guess," said Eli a bit hesitant.

"When you good to go, lead us to your house," told Freya.

"Yeah, sure thing, boss. Just give me a minute to breathe," Eli gave her a thumb up.