[24] Sisters

A/N: You show it to me that I'm totally underestimating you, because you totally broke the 1k votes and for that I am grateful.

◇◇◇

"What are we looking for exactly?" asked Astra for hundred of times.

Eli sighed, "something ancient at least from a hundred year ago."

"One hundred year isn't ancient, it's resent," Lilith responded.

"Can you please just look into it? Thank you," Eli replied a bit pissed off. "My ancestors must wrote it down somewhere. A diary, a journal, or something, anything!"

"Hey, I might have found something!" called Astra from the other end of the quite big library.

Eli and Lilith stopped what they're doing and came to Astra. There were books laying around, half of them were covered in dust for being too far off reach. But it weren't the books that caught Astra's attention. Underneath one of the bottom rack of the bookshelf was a hidden vault.

"It seems locked. Do you think you can opened it?" Astra asked Eli when the other girls came.

Eli tried to use her magic to open the lock with no luck. "There's something blocking my magic to enter the lock."

"It's not just the lock," explained Lilith, "there's a magic seal around the whole vault. It's strong enough to hold my magic."

"Maybe your Nana have the key?" suggested Astra.

"Hmm... I can try ask her."

"She probably doesn't have it. This spell came from the same source as the one in Freya," said Lilith.

"You mean it's from the head witch that binded Freya?" Astra asked which Lilith returned with a nod. "That means we're on the right track, right?"

"Yeah. But now, we need a way to unlock it," Eli agreed.

When the three of them pondered on how to break the spell, a knock came by the door. Two of the girls were surprised and looked at the door.

"Hey, dinner's ready," Caitlyn called from the door. "You might want to clean yourself up before it though."

"Thanks. We'll be there in a bit," Astra replied.

After hearing Astra's reply, Caitlyn left them. Astra told the rest to warp up for today, so they could appreciate the Reynolds hospitality.

◇◇◇

"Dinner was great, Rose," claimed Freya after they finished eating.

"Well thank you," replied Grandma Rose. "Olivia, honey, can you help me with the dishes?" she then asked her daughter in law.

"Sure, mom," replied Jimmy's wife, Olivia. "Evan, go play with Cathy, okay?"

"Okey," saluted her nine year old son before he scrambled to find his cousin. "Cathy, show me magic trick!"

Caitlyn looked at Evan. He felt like a little brother to her and she wanted to protect him at all cost, since they had something that connect them together. Her sister left home for a long time, so did Evan's older brother and sister. Though they left for a reasonable reason and not for chasing after bedtime story.

"It's a bit late, don't you think?" said Caitlyn patting her brother's head. "How about I'll show you tomorrow?"

"But I want to see it now!" the little boy wailed.

"Okay, okay, calm down," Caitlyn tried to settle the young one. "Just once okay. Then we can play something else."

Evan stopped crying and nodded vigorously. The both of them settled down on the floor face to face. Caitlyn began chanting a spell of light. After a moment, a small ball of light was formed. It was the size of a tennis ball and it shone brightly.