[21] Colors

"Father, mother, Axel, it's me, Corona. I'm sorry I never visit. I am too scared to face you after what I had done. I ran away for far too long and I don't deserve to be called the Alpha's daughter," told Freya in front of her family tombstone. "It's been a century since we last see each other. Life hasn't always been great, but it's different now. I found something that matters, someone who I want to protect. Her name is Astra, she's a vampire but she's different from any other vampires. She's kind, brave, beautiful, you would love her. She helps me make amends and she's always there for me. I am blessed to have met her."

Astra moved forward and put a beautiful wild flower she found nearby at the tombstone. "Thank you for taking care of Fre- I mean Corona. I'll do my best to support her from now on," said Astra respectfully.

Astra took Freya's hand in hers to give comfort. For a moment Freya found it safe to be around Astra. She knew the girl will do anything to lift her up. She rather be a broken person than a monster who eats on emotions.

"Hey, so, what's our next plan?" interrupted Eli when she approached them.

"I want to stay here for a while longer. To tell you the truth, I don't know how to fix Eirlys. I thought coming here would help, but I guess I'm wrong," stated Freya.

"Then we better prepare a tent or something. It's getting dark," suggested Astra.

"Don't worry. I got it covered," the young witch overed.

"What can I do to help?," Lilith said surprising everyone else.

Eli looked at Freya for opinion. She was sure Freya wouldn't trust the vampire with anything.

"Yeah, Lilith can help Eli settles things. Astra, come with me," Freya gave her final order before turning towards the meadow.

Eli's jaw dropped as she heard Freya's words. She couldn't believe another vampire besides Astra and her mother. She wasn't sure adding Lilith in the list would be wise.

"I'm only doing this because Freya told me to," bit Eli giving Lilith the finger.

The raven haired vampire swatted Eli's finger without hesitation. "And I'm only doing this because it will favor Astra," she said smiling.

In the meadow, Freya took Astra to one of her favorite place when she was still a child. The view of dusk that could be seen from their spot was mesmerizing. The sky was painted in yellow, orange, and red colors. The sun was dim enough to be seen by naked eyes.

"Wow..."

"Do you like it?" asked Freya as she pulled Astra to sit with her on the grass.

"I should have seen it coming," the girl said as she faced Freya. "What is it with you and sunsets? Because it seems that everytime we spent alone time outside, it's always there."

Freya played with Astra's golden locks. Untangling it as her fingers ran along Astra's long hair. "Because I love it. It's something that even as I cannot see, I can still feel its warmth, like you."

Astra's cheeks redden. "I wonder if there is something that you cannot do, Freya. Despite your inability you're still able to do better than me."

"That's not true," declined the white wolf.

"Then guess this. How many fingers am I holding?" Astra asked while raising three fingers behind her back.

"Astra, you don't have to hide your fingers. I couldn't even see it," answered Freya with a smile.

The little vampire gasped, "then how can you know I'm holding my fingers behind my back?"

"I never said it was behind your back," giggled Freya.

"Come on guess. There is no way you can navigate your way but unable to guess my fingers," pushed the vampire.

"There were three. Now there's one. Before that, were four. Then two, before you're uncertain to raise one or back to three." said the blind woman giving up.

Astra smiled. "That is... Impressive. You guess all right from the start to the end," Astra said revealing her pointing finger.

"How about this, what color is my hair?" Astra added.

"Golden blonde," replied Freya while stroking Astra's hair.

"And my eyes?"

"Light brown, like chocolate milk."

Astra eyed her girlfriend for a moment. Trying to read her milky eyes.

"How do you know?" she questioned.

"You're the one who told me I don't have weakness," told Freya smirking.

"You're lying!" Astra claimed as she pushed Freya down rolling them both on the grass. "I still remember you told me you cannot read or see colors or figuring anything that has the same texture as the other things."

Freya laughed. "You remember well. You're right, I can't see colors so I can't appreciate the scenery with you. Eli told me all about you before me met," admitted the older woman.

"Hmm... I think we can work on that!" exclaimed the girl.

Freya tilted her head waiting for Astra's big reveal.

"I can teach you how to see colors," added Astra. "Maybe we can find the words to describe each colors. Who knows maybe it will be helpful."

Freya pondered looking sceptic, but Astra's excitement was enough to radiate passed her body. "I think it's a great idea."

"Good then we can start now!" Astra sat up and pulled Freya close to her.

"Okay, master, how does it begin?"

Astra looked around her surrounding to find their first color to describe. When she looked at the sky, she smiled.

"Let's start with something that you're already familiar. What color is the sun?" Astra began.

Freya seemed to be troubled. "I don't know... Orange?"

"Close enough. Well, what color is orange?"

"Isn't this the time where you take the lead since the world is darkness to me ever since I'm born," protested Freya.

"Then guess! You're good at guessing aren't you?" pushed Astra.

"Orange is... Warm?"

"And?"

"I give up," Freya said defeated.

"It's warm, and sweet, and what else... Alluring."

"... Okay, whatever you say," laughed the blind wolf.

Astra frowned at Freya's half hearted reply. "I'm serious, Frey. Repeat after me and just try to imagine the damn color!"

"Woah, easy there, little vampire. I'm sorry to make you angry. Let's try it again, okay?" assured Freya. "What is it that you said again? Sweet, warm, and alluring?"

The young vampire side eyed her girlfriend, trying to hold on her laugh. On the other hand, Freya worried she might anger Astra for real. Astra basically hadn't said any word after that and that made Freya worries more.

Freya attempted to reach out to Astra, "hey, are you ok-"

When Astra forcefully pulled her in for a kiss. The vampire only released it when she was satisfied with the result drawn on Freya's face.

"Your cheeks are red," stated Astra mischievously. "By the way, red is daring, bold, and hot," as she trailed the last word.

The blind wolf tried to hide her blush with her hand. "Okay, I got it. Let's play your game."

"Wait, do you seriously want to continue?"

"Yes. Afterall you are trying to help me."

"I'm flattered. But you're right though, it sounds stupid when you say it out loud," giggled Astra.

"That's fine. It can be our secret code."

"Hmm... Secret code? I like the sound of that," Astra smiled as she continued her lesson with Freya until the sun goes down and the moon rises up.