[20] Graveyard

On the fifth day after the attack, Freya finally opened her eyes. Her eyes were as white and lifeless as they always been before she meet Astra. Nyx's surprise attack woke something inside Freya, something that she already knows but refuses to acknowledge.

Her fear of not being in control.

The more she thought about it, the more she realized it's true. She knew she has to do something about it. But, will she succeeded in doing so...

"Freya!"

Astra's voice snapped her out of her ponder. She noticed Astra was rushing to her side to make sure she's alright. She also noticed unfamiliar person in the room with them. Freya wanted to say something, but her throat felt hoarse and it made it difficult to speak. She tried to coughed it out which only made it worse.

"Ah, here," Astra caught on to Freya and gave her a glass of water.

The werewolf instantly gulped down the liquid a little to fast as she later choked. Astra was already by her side and help her coughed it out. After she calmed down, Freya drank another glass, slower this time.

"Who is she?" Freya asked pointing the new vampire.

"She's a vampire uncle Nyx sent to watch over," answered Astra hoping Lilith's presence wouldn't trigger Freya.

Fortunately, Freya only nodded her head in acknowledged. The blind woman seemed to drop the fact just like that. Maybe it was because of the drugs running through her vein or her mind hadn't rebooted after five days long slumber, either way it was something Astra hasn't seen before from her girlfriend.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" the girl asked noticing Freya's mood drop.

Freya was quiet for quite a while. "I'm sorry," she said after a minute of silence. Astra tilted her head not saying a word, so Freya continued her sentence, "for not being able to protect you."

The younger girl made an 'oh' gesture. She smiled and grabbed Freya's hand. "It's not your fault. We were unprepared and he caught us off guard. You can't blame yourself for something you can't foresee."

"But I can counter it!" cut Freya. "I should," she finished while lowering her head in shame.

"Still, you can't only blame yourself. In the end everyone is fine. Mom is also okay despite being slightly anemic," assured Astra.

"It's not that simple. Nyx spared your life because you're family and he's right, I did lose control. I could have turned against you," admitted Freya. "This is why I was uncertain for our relationship. If something happen to you because of me, I don't know what to do anymore," cried the wolf.

Astra hugged Freya. She never wanted to see Freya as fragile and hopeless. It hurt her to see her beloved person like this. She hoped she can do something to cheer her up.

"Everything will be alright."

"No, it will not," interrupted Lilith who's been watching. "You know it too, don't you, Wolf- I mean Freya."

Freya lifted her head towards Lilith. She gave her a slight nod. "I don't know what to do."

"I think you know what to do," Lilith said approaching the couple. "The question is do you have what it takes to do it."

"I don't know. I can't face her," confessed Freya as she leant to Astra.

"I suggest you better make your decision, because I would not stay idle waiting for disaster to come," threatened the older vampire.

Freya cuddled closer to Astra as if her life depends on it. "Will you stay by my side?"

"Always," the young vampire responded with confidence. "We'll figure it out, together."

◇◇◇

A week had passed. Genevieve had already gained her energy back and returned to her normal life. On the other hand, Freya slowly gained back her strength. She used most of her time to finalize her decision.

"Why you called?" asked Eli.

They hadn't returned to the castle yet, wary of Lilith's intention. So they gathered at the Faust's house.

"I want to show her something, and I need all the help I can get," said Freya.

"Alright. You name it and I'll make it happen," cheered Eli.

"I need plane tickets. We're going abroad," demanded Freya.

"Exactly where are we going?" asked the witch.

"Brazil."

◇◇◇

After 12 hours of flight from London to Rio De Janeiro, the team finally made it to Brazil. From there they took a ride far away from the city. After that they continued to walk around 5 mile before they reached their destination.

"You really don't want to give us a break, do you?" Eli protested.

They had been traveling for miles non-stop, because Freya refused to take a rest.

"Sorry, I thought it was nearer. It's been a while since I... return," admitted the blind wolf.

"What is this place?" Astra asked in awe at the scenery before them.

"Home," mumbled Freya, "or it used to be."

Astra looked at Freya's sad expression. Then it hit her. The land which looked like a part of ancient civilization. Moss covered whatever left of houses. Wreckage of building and roads decorated the land.

"There used to be a happy community. Kids ran along the road and adults worked together. At the end of that hill was a meadow where you can feel the warm sun in summer. Not far from the meadow was a house with a father, a mother, and their two little children," Freya described the scenery in front them. Without her noticing tears ran down from her eyes.

"I'm sorry, Freya," comforted Astra as she hugged the werewolf close.

"This is what's left of Mystic Creek pack," declared Eli looking sadly at Freya. "What's left of your family."

Lilith who's been observing nonchalantly, made her way around whatever left of a village. She noticed there were tombstones for each house. She heard the story of Mystic Creek back when she was younger. A story of a wolf who slaughtered the rival pack for revenge. She always thought it was crazy for a single wolf to obliterated a whole pack, but now she doubted it even more when she realized the wolf in the story is a blind female wolf who's possibly still a child a hundred year ago.

"Someone put a tombstone for every houses. You know something about that?" Lilith stated gaining everyone attention.

Freya shook her head. "The head witch probably the one who put them."

Freya wanted to go forward, to take a look at her house after a hundred year had passed. But her legs refused to move.

"I can't. I can't face my parents," whimpered Freya.

Astra with all her might, pulled Freya up and carried her along. "Yes, you can. I'll be with you along the way," convinced Astra. "Besides don't you want to introduce me to your family?"

Freya seemed to smile a bit thanks to Astra. She let the smaller girl guides her to her house. She was glad that she had Astra by her side and kept supporting her on every way.