[31] Hideout

As the sun rose, the village Chief led Freya and the rest to where he first encountered a werewolf years ago. It was quite a far journey. They left at dawn and now the sun started to sting their skin.

"Here it is," claimed the Chief.

"Do you have any idea as to where they might be?" the raven haired vampire asked.

The Chief seemed hesitant for a second, but he talked anyway, "the dark plain is where you have to look. Where you see rocks gathering like a cave and nothing would dare to enter."

"You're not going to guide us, are you?" Eli asked.

The elderly Chief shook his head. "This is where I draw the line. The four of you might be brave, but you all have chosen death. If you want to continue your search, the path is straight ahead."

At that the girls thanked the Chief for his cooperation before he and his men went back to the village.

"This is as far as we can go unnoticed," stated Eli.

"We need to map down their territory," said Freya. "Someone need to scout the area."

"I'll do it," Lilith answered confidently.

"You do it?" Eli asked in wonder as everyone else.

"We need to get Freya inside, so she can't be seen yet. I don't want anything to happen to Astra so she's also out of the list. That leave us to you and me, and as far as I concern my stealth skill is far better than yours," explained Lilith.

"That's..." yet Eli shut herself.

"I'll be back by sun down."

"Don't get to far. They must place several guards around their outpost," Freya advised.

The vampire nodded and broke out from the group. Meanwhile Freya, Eli, and Astra set up a camp near there. Eli made the tent while Astra and Freya prepared the fire.

"Do you think there will be lions nearby?" Eli asked as she finished up her spell.

"We're in the wilderness, what do you think?" replied the white haired werewolf.

"But you would know if one is near, won't you?"

Freya sighed, "Eli..."

Astra ringed her arms around Freya's arm to stop her. "Eli, I'm sure we'll be fine. Freya's senses are pretty strong and you also put a detection spell. It's not the first time we sleep outside anyway."

"What? Are you feeling insecure because someone is not with us?" teased Freya.

"Wha-what!? I never said that! If anything I am glad that stupid vampire isn't here," argued Eli which only made her friends giggled for obvious reason, "whatever. I'm tired. I'm going to sleep."

Then defeated Eli entered the tent with a tint of pink on her cheeks.

"I feel bad for her, but sometimes it's just to easy," said Astra.

"You should sleep too, go with Eli. I'll stay here and watch outside," said Freya dearly as she stroke Astra's golden hair.

"Wake us up if something happen. Don't go on your own," warned the vampire as she kissed her girlfriend good night.

Yet, nothing happened that night. Not even the sight of Lilith's return. It was a peacefully quiet night in the savana. The vampire only returned after the second night.

"You're late," commented the blind werewolf.

"Their territory is wider than we predicted. Their border guards also something to mind for. I couldn't get as close as I originally thought," explained Lilith as she took a seat.