[8] Nightmare

Eli was woken up by the noise from Freya's room. She quickly teleported inside and saw something she didn't wish to see. She looked at the creature, that was once Freya, trashing around the room. Her eyes were darkening. The pure white eyes that once there were barely visible.

The witch made a quick spell to seal the room. Soon the creature's attention was on her. She didn't bother to speak sense to it since she knew it won't work. Instead, she readied her staff and chanting a spell to fight off the creature.

The creature attacked. It still had Freya's body figure with a little bit of distortion. Her fingers turned into claws. Her fangs were drawn out. And mostly her face didn't have any trace of humanity left on it.

Eli dodged the attack and countered it. Eli's attack missed the beast as it dashed to the right. So Eli made multiple plasma ball and launched them at it. The creature took the hit and slid backwards. It appears Eli's magic barely did damage to it.

The witch was making a magic circle for a spell strong enough to knock it unconscious. But the creature fast charged at her and Eli didn't have time to cover herself. She fell to the ground and groaned miserably. Meanwhile the creature as if it still have mind to think, joined it fists and pounded Eli not letting her to recover.

This time Eli made a quick protection spell and a shield was casted between her and death. She tried to hold on to it, but the creature was too strong for a human like her. After the fifth hit, the shield crashed. The thing picked Eli up and tossed her across the room. Eli could barely stay awake. Her whole body felt numb. The next thing she knew, the beastly creature broke through the barrier and staggered along the hallway.

It wasn't long until a scream was heard.
"Shit," Eli cursed at herself as she steadied her wobbling legs. She paced after the creature who was about to attack Astra. Eli muttered a binding spell and thankfully she made it before the creature can touch the girl.

Eli swung the creature back to the room. She made sure she binds it tight enough so it won't wreck havoc again. After she satisfied with her handiwork, she ran back to a now passed out Astra. The witch picked up Astra with her magic and put her back to her room. She only leave after she made sure the girl is fine inside and out.

◇◇◇

The next morning, Freya wiggled on her bed as she found something restraining her. She tried to scream but she couldn't open her mouth. She went panic when she realize she couldn't even feel her other senses, leaving her to a totally vulnerable position.

"Oh, thank god you're awake," said a feminine voice which Freya barely heard.

Her head darted frantically as she tried to find the source. Her whole body tensed when she felt someone put their hand on her right arm.

"Relax, it's only me," said the same voice.

Something in that voice made Freya fells save. She slowly calmed down and focused her ears to the voice. She felt Eirlys, her inner wolf, fighting to take control, but she didn't let her. Her eyes turned back to their original white color and her body relaxed.

"Good. I'm gonna unbind you now," informed the same voice which Freya now recognizes as Eli's.

Eli canceled her binding spell and slumped down the drawer. The exhaustion from the all night fight finally came to her. She had to physically rumble with monstrous Freya for three hours before mentally push back Eirlys.

Feeling worried, Freya pulled herself up and approached the witch. "Are you okay?" Freya asked. She didn't need to ask what happen that night. She already guessed from the aftermath.