[13] Meet

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" concerned Freya.

"Yes. Don't worry, I already check more than once," assured Astra half dragging Freya along.

"I know we just vowed our love. But don't you think it's too fast?"

They stopped in front of a house. Astra then pressed the bell before she focused on her official mate again.

"Stop being a wuss," scolded the younger girl, "you just proposed me and I accepted. I think there is no better time to meet my parents."

As if on cue, Astra's dad opened the door. He welcomed Astra and her 'guest' inside. He went to called his wife informing her that Astra is back. The girls were left alone at the living room to help themselves.

"Your father is a human, am I correct?" guessed Freya as she took a seat.

Astra joined her on the couch. "Yup. Dad is a human and mom is a pure breed vampire."

"I wonder if this will turn out okay. I don't think your uncle likes me. I don't like him either anyway," pondered Freya.

The girl elbowed Freya's arm. "You think too much. Don't worry, mom is different from uncle Nyx," said Astra.

A few moments later, Mike returned with his wife and a set of tea to drink. He placed the cups on the table before he joined his wife. The married couple sat face to face with the young ones. Mike being a happy father he is, smiled delightfully at the guess. While Genevieve's face turned from happy to serious.

It was futile to prolong the truth. Even though she didn't seem like it, Genevieve was one of the elite vampires. She knew who her guess is ever since she step foot in the same room.

"Mom, dad, I have an announcement to make," Astra started slightly fidgeting. When her parents encouraged her to continue, she said, "I want you to meet Freya, my girlfriend."

The room fell speechless for five seconds.

"A girl? I-I don't know you swing that way," stated Mike.

"We can skip the sexuality aside," interrupted Genevieve, "Astra, you do know what she is, right?"

Astra gulped. "Yes. I do realize she's a werewolf." At that moment Freya reached for her hand on the couch. That grip gave Astra a new strength. "And I already accepted being her mate."

Genevieve gave a loud sigh and faced her daughter. "Do you realize the chaos you could stir because of this person?" she said while gesturing her hand at Freya.

"I can-"

"No, you have no say in this matter," the vampire said cutting Freya.

"Mom! You can't just do that to Freya," scolded the girl.

"Then let me ask you this," Genevieve sighed again as she turned to Freya this time. "If Astra is in any danger what can you do?"

"I'll fight-"

"You'll fight?" another cut from the mother, "do you know what bloodline runs through her veins? I am a pure blood vampire and my family is considered as one of the top class. Like any other royalties, we have restriction and people who looking into our moral. I already made a big fuss with having a child with a human that almost took our life. And I definitely don't want my only daughter to face the same fate!"

Freya never really thought about it. She had been busy with her feelings and Eirlys that she forgot her mate come from a well distinguished family. She knew how the vampire monarchy works. She then realized this is the exact things that'd been weighting on Astra this past weeks.

"You must be the lone wolf my brother has been searching. Let me tell you, your enemy wouldn't be just my brother. There are many vampire lords that share the same concept as he is. So let me ask you again, can you protect my daughter just by yourself?" taunted Genevieve for the last time.

To be honest Freya trembled. She understood what Genevieve is trying to imply. They could barely lose an army, what will happen next if it's more than her capabilities. She was alone and she couldn't fully control her own wolf. It scared her to think she would fail without trying.

"I want to stay with you. Whatever come at us, we can fight it together."

Astra's words replied in her head. Her presence gave Freya the confidence she needed. She squeezed stronger at their entwined hands.

"You're right," Freya said as she found her voice. "I might not be able to protect her alone. But someone told me she's not a damsel in distress, she can take care of her own just fine."

Astra grinned at Freya's answer. "Just like she said, I'm not powerless. And I definitely won't bow down to uncle Nyx or any other family member you have in storage. I choose my own path, I want to be with Freya," the young vampire stated.

Mike smiled and put a hand on his wife's shoulder. "I'm sure they will be fine. The important thing is Astra is with someone she trust."

Genevieve relaxed a little. "I suppose you are right. I give you my blessing," she said defeated.

"So am I," her husband added.

"For real?" Astra said in disbelief. When her parents just nodded, she stood up and jumped around like a child before  she went back down to hug Freya. "I can't believe it. I thought I have to make an ultimatum until you agree."

"One condition, you have to at least finish your high school. Also I want a constant report. You can't just leave us thinking you're dead all the time," told Genevieve sternly.

"Okay, mom. I promise."

"Shall we continue our tea then?" suggested Mike.

"I believe we haven't introduced ourselves either," added Genevieve.

"Ups, sorry," said Astra realizing her fault. "Freya, this are my father, Mike, and my mother, Genevieve."

"I'm glad to know you," said Freya politely.

"Welcome to the family, Freya."

A/N: It's kinda short, my bad. Real life has been a handful lately. Anyway keep up the spirit, can't have one problem bring you down.