[27] Past

A/N: Umm... How should I say this..? This chapter might be kind of disturbing for some people. Hopefully it won't make you stop reading because of my insensitive decision at the wrong time.
I'm saying this in case there's someone sensitive to that word. And also if you get confused while reading this.

◇◇◇

"Rose, get down from that tree right now!"

"No!"

"Roslyn Maria Silva, you better come down here before I use my magic to get you down!" scolded Eloise at young Rose.

"Try me!" mocked the child with her tongue out.

The mother huffed. "Goddess, what do I do with this child of mine."

Not too far from the scene, Corona was taking her usual walk. She notice that Eloise and Rose were having an argument. She wasn't the type to get into others' problem, at lease not with Eloise and her 7 siblings. But, Rose was different. She's an only child, she didn't have brothers or sisters to play with, unlike the other generations before her.

Out of pity and curiosity, Corona approached them. Eloise noticed the werewolf coming and asked for her help.

"Miss, would you tell Rose to come down?" she pleaded.

"Rose, why don't you come down?" Corona started.

"No! Not until papa return," little Rose shouted from the tree.

Eloise put her hand on her head trying to reason with her daughter, "Sweetheart, your father is gone on a business trip. He won't be back until next week."

"I don't care. I want him here on my birthday," Rose threw a tantrum. "He promised we'll be spending time together."

"Hey, Rose, why don't we go to your room then you and I can sing that song you've been working on," offered Corona.

The 13 year old looked at the werewolf. She had been asking Corona to sing with her for a long time. Believe it or not but the werewolf sure knew how to sing. The girl was tempted. Deep down she knew her father won't be home even when her birthday is in two days. So she decided to go along with Corona.

"Fine. I'll come down," stated Rose.

But as the girl headed her way down, her foot slipped a pace. Her unready hands couldn't hold on to the bark out of shock. She lost balance and fell down. Eloise was caught unprepared as she struggled to cast a spell to save her daughter. Fortunately aided by her heighten senses and given speed, Corona made it to catch Rose before she touches the ground.

"Rose!" cried Eloise.

The girl was still in shock. Her heart was beating fast from the adrenaline.

"Well, that was close," commented Rose when she finally controlled her breathing, "Thanks, my wolf in shining leather."

Corona sighed her worry away. "I said come down not fall down," she said as she put Rose down.

The girl just grinned innocently. The both of them returned to the house, of course not without an earful of lecture that Eloise prepared for the girl.

◇◇◇

Freya woke up from her nap. She looked around her trying to separate a dream from reality. Her scan stopped at Astra who focused on her study. Just noticing her mate was beside her all this time, put a smile on Freya's face.

She got up slowly and crept behind Astra. When the girl was on arms reach, Freya warped her arms around Astra's shoulders and gave her a light kiss on her temple.