[6] Reveal

Astra sighed for the third time today. She had been back and forth around the park for two days, only for the blind woman's absence. Her head ran various possibility as to Freya's disappearance.

She was blind, so she could be losing her cane and couldn't leave home. Or she had been sick all this time. Or even worse, she had been eaten by a werewolf. Or maybe she just tired of Astra's presence. The thought definitely made her mind go crazy.

The teenager slumped down as she dropped her head to her knees. "Where are you? I miss you already," she whispered.

The sun was setting. It last light was shining in front of the moping girl. Astra could hear people was walking around her. Until one footsteps stopped and overshadowed her being. She looked up and surprised to see the person she was dying to meet smiling at her.

"Hello. I believe you still have my sunglasses," said Freya as Astra went to hug her which she returned, "it has been a long time since we met."

"Where were you? I've been waiting for days," Astra asked as they broke from the hug.

Freya grabbed Astra's hand. "Come. It's not safe here," she whispered.

The girl gave her a confused look, but Freya kept pulling her deeper into the woods. Freya moved her walking stick in front her, barely using it properly. Her head turned left and right in anticipation.

"Hey, where are we going?" Astra asked in their semi run.

Freya suddenly stopped causing Astra to bump her back. She then pulled the girl behind a tree near a deep gap. Astra was about to say something, but Freya put her hand over the girl's mouth and pulled her closer to her body.

As Astra started wondering, a ruffling sound came near them. Two unknown voices talked something, the girls couldn't hear from their current position. Being close to Freya, Astra could literally heard the woman's rapid beating heart. She was anxious about the newcomers which Astra recognized as vampires.

The girl tried to break free from the other woman, but with no luck. Freya loosed her arms just after the voices faded. This gave Astra a chance to thoroughly used her power to push herself away. Freya let her go in surprised as it became a mistake.

Astra pushed herself too far that she slipped down the large gap. Without thinking, Freya jumped after her and shifted mid-air. She grabbed Astra with her teeth and spun them around so the girl was on top of her belly. They hit a tree as Freya protected Astra from the impact.

Freya landed on her side with Astra between her legs as the previous tree pinned her down. Astra crawled away from the big white wolf as the wolf whimpered in pain. Freya soon turned into her human form. Her eyes closed while her hand was pressing to her side.

"Y-you're... You're a werewolf!" Astra shrieked in surprise, "how could... I mean do you even know what I am?"

Freya nodded weakly in response.

Astra stomped towards her, "you tricked me! What do you want from me? Do you want to kill me?" she bombarded Freya with questions.

The fallen woman tried to looked at Astra. Her face looked pained and guilty. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you anything. I am afraid if I tell you the truth you will walk away from me."

"What truth? You're taking advantage of me, is that it?" Astra inquired.

Freya frantically spoke, "No! I would never," she sighed, "actually, we're... mates."

"Mates? What's that?" the girl indifferently asked.

"That can be explained later. But now I need your help," Freya pleaded, "those vampires are searching for me. They're probably going to be here in any moment."