[5] Disappear

A white wolf dashed through the dark forest bed at top speed. Not far behind her, a few vampires used their quick feet to catch her. The wolf had quite mild injury on her body. She didn't stop running until her road was closed by a cliff.

The wolf turned to find another path, but she had nowhere to go as three vampires cut her exit. She growled deep. Her back arced and she crouched backwards ready to pounce. She opened her mouth a bit to show her teeth as she snarled.

The three vampires hissed at the wolf. They thew some warning blows as the tension increase. One of them attacked the wolf first. The wolf quickly maneuvered and bit his neck. The bitten vampire won't go down without a fight. He scratched around as the wolf shook her head harder. The other vampires saw this as a chance to attack. The two remaining vampires launched at her from behind.

The plan worked. The wolf groaned as she felt her side was bleeding. Then she threw the vampire on her mouth at the rest. They dodged it and let him to his death. They readied for another attack, but this time together. But they stopped soon as a clapping sound interrupted their battle.

"Well, well, well, what do we have here?" said the newly arrived man.

The two vampires stepped aside as the man stood between them. The wolf growled deeper. Her blind eyes fixed at the man red ones. Her body went on a full defensive mode. She knew he'll be a trouble, a much bigger trouble.

"You must be that stray dog. Where are your pack, puppy?" the man taunted.

The wolf gave a warning bark. She tried to charge at the vampire, but failed as she winced in pain. The previous attacks got her good, it limited her movement.

The vampire laughed, "not so mighty now, are you?" he said as he moved closer to the wounded wolf, "let this be a lesson for all of you disgusting mutt."

The vampire together with his two others blasted the wolf with fire magic. The magic hit her body as she stumbled leaning to the cliff. The vampires prepared for their finishing attack at the barely conscious wolf.

As on cue, a strong wave of wind propelled the blood sucking creatures backwards. The wind was followed by sandstorm which blinded their vision. As a desperate action, the two vampires blasted their magic to the place they predicted the wolf at. A few minutes later the sandstorm was subsided, allowing them to observed their surrounding.

"ARGH!!!" the leader yelled in fury as they realized the wolf was long gone, "Find her along with anyone who help her!"

"Yes, my Lord," answered the other vampires as they scurried away.

"next time your luck will run out, mutt," muttered the Night Lord.

Not too far from the incident, Eli carried the unconscious white wolf to the abandoned castle. She rushed her to what looked like a master bedroom and prepared all necessity to begin her enchantment. She began her healing spell as the wolf groaned in agony.

"Come on, work with me, Frey," the witch mumbled.

For a couple long minutes, the wolf finally relaxed as she slept. The white wolf turned into her human form. Eli let out the breath she didn't realize been holding. She proceed to apply bandages at her friend's wounds as she felt Freya's life was not in danger anymore.

◇◇◇

The next day which was Sunday, Astra went to the park again, in hopes of seeing Freya. She still had her doubts about the woman, but she couldn't help want to see her. Maybe she's another vampire or something along the line, Astra thought.