[23] Reynolds

Eli knocked on the door twice until there were responses from the other side. The group stood at the ready as the door opened from the other side. It was a middle age man that stood in front of them.

"Can I help you?"

"Uncle Jimmy, it's me Elz!" exclaimed Eli running in for a hug.

Jimmy Reynolds was taken by surprise, but the old man soon returned the hug. "Eli! It's been too long. Come inside!" he suggested.

Eli followed her uncle inside along with the rest of her group, but something forced the two vampires outside. It was like the house has a barrier around it that made sure dangers would never come in.

"I can't get inside," claimed Astra as she tried to push herself in.

"So do I," agreed Lilith who examining the barrier for any loop hole.

Eli just noticed the flow of constant magic power throughout the house. "It's spelled. But who on earth?"

"Eli, is something wrong?" Jimmy asked when he noticed his niece stop listening to his rumbles.

"It's coming from upstairs," declared Freya as she followed the magic source.

Eli ran after Freya leaving her uncle in wonder. "Frey, wait for me!"

Freya and Eli stopped in front of a door where the source of magic was found. Eli glanced at Freya silently agreed to face whatever behind this together. As the witch put her hand on the knob, an elderly voice interrupted them.

"Eli dear? Is that really you?"

Eli turned at the source of the voice. She smiled brighter when her guess was right.

"Grandma!"

Grandma Reynolds rushed to give the girl a hug. "Oh dear child, what would I do to see your face again! I couldn't believe it when Jimmy said you've returned."

They let go of their hugging session, so Eli could explain her arrival.

"What are you doing in front of Nana's room?" Grandma asked.

Eli looked at her excitedly. "Nana's still alive?"

"Of course she's still alive! Who do you think she is?" scoffed the elderly lady.

Grandma opened the door to Nana's room and gestured the other two in. She bended beside her almost a hundred year old mother's bed and whispered on her ear.

"Mama, look who come to visit," she whispered.

Eli approached her sleeping Nana. "I'm back, Nana. It took me a long time, but I found her. I found the lone wolf."

"What are you talking about, sweetheart?" her grandma asked confused.

"Freya, talk to her," requested Eli.

Freya took a few step forward before she said, "it's been a long time, Eloise."

Upon hearing Freya's voice, Nana Eloise's eyes flickered open. "Miss, is it really you?" she weakly asked.

"Yes. I'm almost certain you wouldn't remember me like your daughter," admitted Freya.

"She's still young back then. Please forgive her," Eloise pleaded.

"It does not matter. But now I want you to take down the barrier around the house," Freya commanded.

"But, Miss, doing so would let—"

"Nana, trust her. Right now someone is trapped outside, someone important to Freya," Eli interrupted her Nana before she finished her sentence.

Eloise eyed Freya's face. "Alright. As you wish," she agreed as she tore down the barrier. "Caitlyn would be happy to see you."