[16] Strolling

"So you're saying she's your girlfriend."

"Yeah, I guess it's save to call her that."

Before, Astra told Collete about Freya, of course excluding the vampire and werewolf stuffs. As of now they both had been spending time at the park. They sat on a picnic table while eating their snacks and gossiping like teenage girls they are.

"When can I meet her? I want to see what kind of person dares to date the great Astra Faust," asked Collete.

"I don't know. She's been pretty busy lately."

Collete sighed, "I never thought you're into an older woman."

"So do I. I guess she's different," Astra thought deeply.

The girls' chats then changed from Freya to life partner to school life and to some random stuffs. When their snacks were empty, Collete dragged Astra to a nearby bakery.

"I heard they have the best cake ever," claimed Collete as they enter the shop.

"Welcome. What can I help you to-... Oh."

Astra looked at the shop clerk and stunned at the sight. They both stayed quiet before Collete started talking.

"Yes, I want your cake recommendation," Collete said breaking the silence.

Eli's attention turned to Collete as she pulled out her business smile. "Our macaroon is the best in town. Not only is it delicious, it's also sweet and cute."

"Astra, let's try some," Collete said excitedly.

"Yeah, sure."

They bought a box of macaroon and took a seat on one of the table. Not long after their sweet delicacy, Collete's phone rang and she left early. Astra was left alone before Eli joined her.

"I remember her. Where is she going?" Eli asked.

"Her mom called, I guess some family business," answered Astra while eating a macaroon. "I didn't know you work here."

"Well I have to work some place, right? Besides I'm not working solely on one job," admitted Eli.

"I'm impressed. How can you manage your time so well?" the school girl wondered.

"I'm good at multi-tasking. Besides it's easy if you can add a pinch of magic," the witch chuckled.

"So that's the reason."

"Let's continue after my shift ends. They will fire me if I'm not showing my face on the counter," bid Eli as she returned to her station.

Astra waited until Eli finishes her shift. She had to wait for another hour before Eli can join her. So to kill time, Astra went for a short walk around. She took notice of the vampires her uncle placed. She counted for at least two guards for each block. Astra then returned right before Eli go home.

"Where have you been?" Eli asked when she spotted Astra.

"Just around the corner, counting how many bodyguards uncle Nyx put to catch Freya," Astra simply answered.

Eli gave a light chuckle, "don't worry. We won't get caught that easily. I have a lot of tricks to get away from vampires."

"Speaking of that. I actually have something that I would like to ask you," Astra stopped Eli by standing on her way.

"What is it?"

Astra pulled at her shirt a little. Then she shyly asked, "you seem to know vampires more than I do. I wish you could tell me more about vampires and werewolves."

"You want me to tell you?" Eli said confusedly.

"No! Teach me!" Astra corrected herself. "My mom has been keeping me in the dark for my whole life. The only one teaching me to be a vampire is my uncle, but we both know it might not even be the truth. I need someone who would tell me the truth."

"And you think that someone is me?" Eli asked again.

Astra nodded her head. "Eli, you must be the most trusted person I can find. My uncle hates werewolves and I'm sure Freya also feels the same way toward vampires. But you, you pair up a werewolf and vampire together. I can't think any other person who can answer my question."

"Don't say that. Now I just want to brag myself," Eli flushed. "Alright. I guess I can teach you a thing or two. Okay, when do you want to start?"

"As soon as possible," Astra replied enthusiastically.

Eli smirked and started walking. "Follow me then."

Astra walked behind Eli. As she took another step, she felt a sudden nausea and soon her surrounding changed. The usual busy city changed into something like underground bunker.

"Where are we?"Astra wondered.

"We're in the castle. Well to be exact below the castle," Eli answered.

"Why are we here?"

"You said you want me to teach you how to be a vampire so let's get on to it. First, show me how fast you can be," Eli announced.

"What do—"

A blast of magic interrupted Astra as the girl slide away from it.

"What was that!"

"Come on, Astra. Don't tell me that's all you got. You want to be a suitable mate for Freya then try harder. Run 50 laps while dodging my attacks. Now!" Eli commanded.

Eli called her staff and used it to amplify her magic. Soon she made magic circle around the bunker. All of it were pointed to Astra and readied to launch another blast. Astra didn't think long before she started running around the course, dodging right and left.

Astra finished 10 laps in a minute before she stumbled and almost got herself blasted. But Eli didn't give her a room for break as she forced Astra to continue. Even though Astra can run to 168 mile per hour, Eli could still keep up with her attack, if not even faster.

After finishing 50 laps in 8 minutes and 12 times almost die, Astra laid down exhausted. She was hardly need to use her power for anything, but today Eli just drained whatever left of her.

"Tired already?" Eli approached her with a bottle of water in hand.

"How can you do that? You're not even breaking a sweat," said Astra irritatingly.

"Years of practice,"the witch laughed. She gave Astra the bottle.

"Thanks."

Eli looked at Astra and told her meaningfully, "listen, you are far from ready. Freya can't always help you and I won't be around to watch your or Freya's back forever. From now on meet me after school every Monday and Friday. We will train your power and I will tell you stories."

Astra gulped her drink. "Sounds like a plan," she replied.

And then Astra's weekly hellish training soon begin.