~1~ Quaint Little Town

Cameron POV
~Edited~

I woke up to the amazing sound of my mom and 13-year-old sister —who's going through her "rebel" phase— arguing. This time apparently, she got mad at mom because she asked if she could get her nose pierced later because all her friends were doing it. Mom obviously said no and now she's having a fit.

I got up and got ready for my first day of senior year. My life, not to brag or anything, is pretty awesome. I have an amazing girlfriend, my parents are supportive, and I'm my school's star quarterback. Well, recently my girlfriend and I have been arguing more but I think that we're gonna make it. I mean, we've been together since sophomore year. I'm not one for that sappy stuff, but I really like her.

Her name is Elizabeth and she's absolutely amazing. She has red hair, is extremely smart, and plays volleyball. I really think me and her could work out in the long run. Me, her, and my best friend Carter all hang out together. Sometimes she brings her best friend, Ellie, but I think she does it for Carter's sake. She stopped bringing her around recently though, I'm not sure what that's all about.

As I was walking out the door my mom reminded me that I had to drive my little sister to school. I assumed my dad was already at work so I didn't argue. I mean I wouldn't argue anyways —they don't call me the "Golden Boy" for nothing. I jumped into my car and waited for Camille, my little sister, to get in as well.

"Ready for your first day of 8th-grade sis?" I questioned, pulling out of the driveway. 

"Yeah, I guess. It's all the same people and Tiff really gets on my nerves sometimes, but I love her. I'm really excited to see James though. Hopefully, he broke up with his annoying girlfriend over the summer and he realizes how amazing I am." Camille added an eye roll as she brought up James' girlfriend. She went on a mini-rant about how amazing this James kid was. I let out a little chuckle just as we got to her school.

"Just remember to tell me if James hurts you cause I'll beat him up." 

She beamed at me before jumping out of the car, "For sure big brother."

I got to school and was greeted first thing by Carter and the rest of the football guys hanging out by the school entrance. 

"Cameron my man!"

"The quarterback is back"

"There he is!" I gave out high fives and bro hugs to everyone.

"How're you and that redheaded hottie doing?" One of the guys asked me.

The slightest bit of irritation came over me because of the way he addressed her but I know he meant no harm so I brushed it off.

"Her and I are doing pretty good man, we've been better but I'm sure we'll get back to the way we were eventually."

All the guys got really quiet and looked at me like I was crazy. Then a couple of them started laughing.

"Man I could never imagine being tied down but you know, to each their own and all that." Carter shook his head with a smirk on his face.

"Speaking of the redheaded hottie," Carter started, "she's coming over here and... She doesn't look very happy."

"Oh god... I wonder what I did this time." I groaned and leaned my head against the wall. 

One of the guys patted me on the back and said, "We're gonna go. Good luck man." One by one they filed away, each giving me sympathetic looks.

She was fuming as she stomped over to where I was standing.

"Cameron! Where were you?? I was waiting by your locker for like 5 minutes!" I sighed.

She got mad about these types of things a lot recently. Petty things.

"Were you talking to that one girl? The one that was at your house last week?"

I took her hands in mine. "Baby that was my cousin. I told you that already. And you never told me you were gonna be by my locker. I was talking to the boys. I'm sorry"

I tried to apologize. For what I wasn't completely sure, but I always tried to make her happy.

"Sorry doesn't cut it, Cameron!" She yanked her hand out of my grip. "I looked stupid waiting there for you and you never came! You didn't even text me good morning this morning! What type of boyfriend does that?? God, you've changed so much since the beginning."

"I could say the same about you," I mumbled quietly so she wouldn't hear.

"What was that?!"

"Nothing babe."

"Just... don't talk to me for the rest of the day." She said with an eye roll.

That's exactly what she did too. So much for having a good first day of school. I tried to enjoy it, I really did but I couldn't take my mind off of her.

After school, we had our first football practice, though we didn't do very much. Just helping out the newbies and listening to the same beginning of the year speech we hear every year.

When I got home I decided to go for a run. It's what I do whenever I have to clear my head. I put on my running shoes and left a note on the counter to let my mom know I was out.

The wind on my face and the smell of nature always helped me clear my head. I always feel myself instantly calming down when my feet hit the ground and I can't think of any other time that I felt that at peace.

While running I spotted a little path. I'd never been down that path before and I thought the different scenery would help me.

Everyone, especially Carter, told me that I should break up with Lizzy. I knew I probably should. I knew that that was most likely the best option. I also knew that lying to everyone and telling them that we were okay wasn't good for me. But... her and I have been through so much and I didn't know if I wanted to let her go.

I came upon an old warehouse after a while and thought it looked pretty cool. It looked like it hadn't been used in years and I thought that maybe a quiet place would help me think, seeing as I still hadn't figured out what to do yet. I tried the front door but it was locked, surprisingly. I went around the back and tried the door. It swung open and I walked through.

When I went inside I saw something that I never thought I would in this quaint little town in a million years.

A/N
Ok guys first chapter = posted! I'm literally so excited for this. Even if I get literally one view I don't care because I'm just doing this to express myself. If you did like this tho you should comment and vote and all that it would be super cool!!

Seeing as I have like a month off of school cuz of the coronavirus I'm either gonna finish this book or come close to it in the next month because of the amount of free time I have.

Anyways I hope you guys enjoyed my first chapter and stick around :)

Bye loves~
Syd.