~7~ Ms. Queen Of The Jungle

Cameron POV
~Edited~

After Anna and I recovered from our laughing fit because of my awful joke, we decided to go figure out a way to get the nacho cheese out of her hair.

We went to one of the bathrooms that no one used and started taking chips out one by one. We made sure to check each of the stalls before starting though, just in case.

"Wow. I can't believe you dated that... lion. Like, seriously have you seen her? She looks like she belongs in the jungle."

I laughed at Anna's comparison of Elizabeth and a lion. I must say the resemblance is uncanny.

"She didn't even get my Harry Potter joke! Like, who doesn't get Harry Potter jokes?"

"Yeah... Lizzy isn't a fan of Harry Potter, never even watched one of the movies. Why don't you tell me the joke, maybe I'll get it."

All the chips were out at this point, so Anna was leaned over the sink trying to wash out the cheese.

"Well she came up to me pretending to be all nice or whatever, so I told her to just tell me the real reason why she was talking to me and she was like 'I was just asking how your time here has been' and so I said 'Yeah and Ron Weasley came up to me earlier and told me spiders were his favorite animal'. After I said that she told me I was talking gibberish! Gibberish, Cam, gibberish!!"

She threw her hands in the air while still having her head in the sink.

"Uncultured lion." She mumbled.

After she finished telling her story I busted out laughing. I'm gonna be honest, that was a good one.

She had a smirk on her face when she said, "Exactly! See, you know it's funny. Your ex on the other hand only has a mean girl sense of humor!"

"That's true, but ironically enough if you approached her and said 'get in loser we're going shopping' she'd probably slap you across the face and yell at you for calling her a loser. Then proceed to ask if you're taking her to Gucci or Versace." I joked sitting on the bathroom counter.

Anna took her head out from under the sink, stared at me for a while, and then started laughing so much I wasn't sure if she was okay. I joined in after a while because her laughter was contagious, and, let's be honest, I'm absolutely hilarious.

"Ok, ok," She started after we both calmed down a bit. "you realize we have no information and we have to meet up with Tyson in a week right?"

Oops.

I totally forgot about that with the whole "breaking up with Elizabeth" thing.

"Right! Well, there is this "club" that goes on after football practice on Mondays and Wednesdays that only certain kids go to. All the kids on your little list are in it plus a few others. I asked Lizzy and Carter what it was about a few times but they always said it was too complicated for me to understand and that I definitely couldn't join."

Anna had finished washing her hair while I was talking and was now putting it up into a ponytail.

"And you're telling me this now!? We could've gotten some information by now!"

"Sorry, sorry. It just slipped my mind, ok?"

"Don't let it happen a second time! We're relying on that brain of yours for information."

She reached up and hit the back of my head before heading out the bathroom door. I sighed and quickly followed after her.

We decided that afterschool Anna would come to the bleachers to watch practice. We would make up the excuse that she needed a ride home and I was that ride. Then after practice, we would pretend we were going home but instead we would follow Carter and Lizzy back into the school to wherever they were having their meetings and find out as much info as possible.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

When the end of the day came around I met Anna by my locker and we went over the plan again. It had to go down perfectly or else our cover would be blown and who knows what would happen then.

Lizzy also came to the bleachers after school today. We were out on the field before practice and I could tell that she was annoyed by the fact that Anna and I were here together because while she was caressing yet another one of my teammates' biceps, she kept on scowling at me and Anna.

But honestly? I couldn't care less about Lizzy right now.

I thought I would be way sadder when Lizzy and I inevitably broke up but I'm so much happier now.

Plus I'm talking to Anna.

That somehow makes me feel even better.

Anna looked over to where Lizzy was standing and an immediate scowl crept onto her face.

"Looks like Ms.Queen of the jungle is mad that we're here together."

"Eh. Let her be mad. Her fault for dumping nacho cheese all over your head. I mean, come on. Who does that?"

"That's the spirit!" She cheered me on with a bright smile. "Also I think I still have some cheese in my hair." She said with a laugh.

"You aren't sad about the whole breakup thing though, right Cam?" Again, she had that sincerity in her eyes that I'm not used to.

"Nah, not really. She was toxic and I'm almost 100% sure she was cheating on me anyway. With who, I'm not sure but who knows if it was even one person."

"Well, whoever it was I can guarantee that they don't care about her as much as you did."

I beamed down at her as she said that. She always knew what to say to put me in a better mood, even if I was already in a good one.

"Plus it's great that you aren't sad about it because I don't think I'd be able to stand you when you're sad. I can barely stand you now and you're fine, so imagine if you were sad. Oh! The horror!" She dramatically covered her face with the back of her hand as she said it.

I rolled my eyes. "Shut up BG. You know you love me."

"Hmm, I don't know about love." She put her hand on her chin in fake contemplation while I playfully glared at her.

She let out a little giggle afterward and said, "What does BG stand for anyway?"

"Well you nicknamed me GB for Golden Boy, so I'm nicknaming you BG for Bad Girl."

She laughed and bit her lip. I'm not sure if it was meant to be that attractive but... it was.

"What makes you think I'm a bad girl?"

She was leaning against the bleachers so I rested my hands on it, successfully trapping her between me and the stands, and whispered, "The fact that you decided to get into a food fight over me."

I smirked, grabbed my helmet that was next to her then ran onto the field.

"You're not as hot as you think you are!" She yelled after me.

"I never said I thought I was hot!" I winked and put on my helmet.

The whistle blew to signal the start of practice and I got into position right as Anna blew a kiss and winked in my direction.

This was going to be a long practice.

A/N
Hey guys!

Lol, I haven't posted in like a week so now I'm gonna be posting like 3/4 chapters at once.

I hope you all enjoyed both the Harry Potter and Mean Girls jokes I put in there.

I also really liked writing about Anna and Cam getting closer they're like my children and I can't wait for you guys to see what I have planned for them.

If you enjoyed reading his please vote and comment! Thank you for even reading my book in the first place

Hope you guys all stay safe during this whole Coronavirus thing.

[Edit]: Rereading this chapter I realized how sexual the whole football practice scene was and that wasn't my intention at all, it was supposed to be a lot goofier haha. But I'll leave it cause it flows. I hope you guys still like it :)

Bye loves~
Syd.