~33~ Why Does He Even Care?

Cameron POV, October 4th, The Mini-golf date
~Edited~

"Just take me home Cameron. I'm sorry, but I can't do this with you. I can't... I can't be with you... like that."

"It's fine Anna, I understand."

As I was driving Anna home I slowly started thinking about ways I could convince her that we have a chance. I came up with a plan a long time ago to get rid of Tony that I feel like could work, maybe that would convince her. I never really told anyone about it because I didn't know what their reactions would be. I wanted to make sure I had the whole plan in order before I set it into motion.

Anna mumbled a quiet "Goodnight Cameron, see you Monday." before jumping out of my car and quickly walking into her house without looking back once.

I drove back home and when I got in the house I found my sister, Camille, on the couch, face-timing one of her friends.

It sounded like she was... crying?

"I don't even get it Tiff! How- how could he go back to her? We were doing so well! And he kept checking up on me to make sure I was okay like-"

She heard me close the door as I stepped in and stopped talking.

"I gotta go Tiff, I'll call you later." She hung up the facetime.

"Are you okay Cam?"

I sat down on the couch next to her, wiping away her tears.

"I...I'm fine Cameron. Just don't worry about it."

"Camille, I'm your big brother, it's my job to worry."

"I just... It's James... the one I told you about from the beginning of the year. He asked me out last month and we were doing really well until he told me that he missed his ex... the girl that I was hoping he broke up with. Her name is Jackie and she's really pretty and... he chose her. He kept on texting me though. Asking me if I was okay and all that. I just feel like he's messing with my feelings."

"James sounds like a real douche. You want me to beat him up for ya?" I smiled down at her and winked.

"No... it's okay big brother." She sighed. "Sometimes I just wonder...why does he do those things? Like, he broke up with me and all that so... what reasoning does he have for constantly talking to me and texting me. He didn't do that to Jackie when they broke up..."

"It sounds to me like this guy needs to sort out his feelings."

"He really does. I'm going to go up to my room now Cam. I'll see you in the morning."

"Alright, see ya."

And then I had a realization...

"Hey, Cam?"

"Yeah?"

"If you could ask James one question to sum up all the things you're feeling what would it be?"

"I don't know. Probably... why does he even care? It kind of takes everything I'm wondering and puts it into one big question. Like why does he even care about texting me or asking me how I'm doing if he broke up with me for her."

I smiled at her answer. She didn't even realize how much this helped me.

"Anything else?"

"Nope, goodnight."

She started walking up the stairs and yelled, "Just don't do anything stupid to scare her off."

I shook my head, my sister knows me way too well.

Annabel POV

~After she said that I made the whole plan that night. I thought since she was a girl and she was wondering those things, you would be wondering something similar, if not the same thing. I started asking myself 'Why do I even care' and I came up with the first 4 days/reasons in a matter of 10 minutes. The 5th day was a little bit harder though... I wanted to find a way to express my feelings for you in the best way possible. I hadn't fully come to terms with the fact that I loved you until Wednesday. I was getting ready for the next day's surprise and I was reading all the texts that you sent me that showed how much you cared for me and thought about how much I love that you get me. I realized it then and I'm telling you now... I love you.~

"I love you."

He was right next to me. So close I could smell the cologne that I hadn't even realized he put on earlier.

I turned to face him. "And..." I looked down at the double-sided note he wrote for me and knew this was the right thing to do at this moment. "And I love you."

I didn't even have time to process what was happening before his lips were on mine. None of my previous boyfriends kissed me like this before. Tony was always rough and the rest of them... there just weren't any sparks. I can't say the same for Cameron though. Our lips moved in sync and my arms immediately wrapped around his neck when our lips touched, just as his found my waist.

We stayed like that for what felt like forever, but was actually probably just a couple minutes. He eventually pulled away for air and when he did we were both breathing extremely hard trying to catch our breaths, but he didn't look away from me for a second.

He was still holding onto my waist when he said, "So... remember that question I asked you a couple of days ago."

"Hmm... which question are you talking about?"

"The one about you being my girlfriend and all that."

"I vaguely recall that question, yes."

He beamed down at me before saying, "How about you rethink your answer to that question?"

"Hmm..." I look up at him innocently, "Is that a question or are you telling me?"

"I mean... I was asking but I don't have to be." He pulled me ever so slightly closer to him.

I rolled my eyes at him. "Oh shut up, of course you know I'm going to say yes." I was blushing madly but tackled him in a hug nevertheless.

My boyfriend...

Cameron Black.

My boyfriend that I love and his name is Cameron Black.

I really like that.

"So... who's going to clean up this whole mess," I said gesturing to everything around us.

"Why Aaron, of course."

We pulled out of the hug and he took my hand. We started walking the direction we came from.

"Wow... you're going to make my brother do your manual labor for you huh?"

"Who else would I make do it for me?" He joked around with a laugh.

"Haha... but in all seriousness, he and I were going to do it together. I was planning on coming here tomorrow or something and cleaning up."

"Mind if I come?"

"Of course I don't mind you coming, Anna. Spending time with you is my life mission now that we're official, so that would be great."

I blushed again at this, but there was still the topic of Tony that we had to discuss, which was a bit unsettling.

I must've shown my emotions on my face, because he said, "I know you're still worried about Tony, but don't worry I wouldn't put you in danger. I have a plan that I'll tell you about later, but for right now let's just enjoy this time together."

And we did. After that I didn't think about Tony, or the millionaires that we pissed off, or Tarah's PTSD, I just focused on me and Cameron together walking through the different trails and just talking about everything. It was extremely calming and I honestly had an amazing time just being with Cameron. 

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Usually when Cameron drops me off I kiss him on the cheek, but since we're, you know, dating now I thought it'd be more fitting to kiss him on the lips. 

He smiled into the kiss and tried to deepen it, but I stopped him. "We're outside of my house where my brother is probably watching us."

He looked flustered, like he was just now realizing where we were. "Right... you're right. I'll just..." He looked at me with a look that no one has ever given me before and it made me feel... loved. 

"I'll just never get used to getting to doing that."

I giggled and jumped out of his car. Right before I walked into my house I turned around and gave him a little wave, which he returned.

As soon as I got into the house I saw Aaron standing there next to the couch, giving me a smug smirk. "Tell me everything twin." 

A/N
Hey guys

Ahh they finally got together!! Yesss!! 

I really loved writing this chapter guys so tell me what you guys think! Did you like the way it happened? How would you wish it happened differently? Tell me your thoughts!

As of yesterday, I finished the book. It sucked having to finish it, but I feel accomplished knowing that I've finished my first book. It'll be 36 chapters with an epilogue. I've already started on my next book which will be called "The Quaranteens: Stuck", I will let you guys know when I post it on here. 

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 1K READS I LOVE YOU ALL!!

If you liked this chapter please comment and vote it helps so much! 

Much love, loves~
Syd.