~32~ Successful

Cameron POV
~Edited~

Yeah, yee, mmm, oh, eh, Yeah, ooh, ooh, yee!

The beat to the song started playing and Ariana Grande's usual random sounds and noises that only she could make sound like music started playing. Anna got really excited and ready to sing along with the song but stopped short when I beat her to it.

I just got some real good news from work, boy (It's a surprise, surprise)

Can't imagine what I'm 'bout to say. (It's a surprise, surprise)

It's so hard to hold back baby (It's a surprise, surprise)

I'm so excited I can hardly wait (It's a surprise, surprise)

Her face when she heard me singing the lyrics to this song was even more 'surprised' than it was earlier.

"Oh my god, you listened to it!"

She tried to run and hug me but couldn't see and almost ran into a tree instead. I had to run in front of her to stop it from happening.

"Please calm down before you get smacked in the head by a tree," I said, trying to steady her by her waist before she fell over.

She didn't even give me, or herself, a chance because she jumped on me as soon as I said those words and she knew where I was. I stumbled back a few steps and ended up hitting my head on the back of said tree from earlier myself.

"Ouch..."

"Oh my god, did I make you hit your head? I'm so sorry!"

"It's alright Anna, let's just keep going."

"Okay..."

This time she decided to intertwine our fingers as we walked, letting me lead the way all the while singing along with Ariana Grande.

It feels so good to be so young and have this fun and be successful, I'm so successful.

I sang the second part of the chorus for her.

And girl you too, you are so young and beautiful and so successful, I'm so successful.

"I can't believe you learned this song just because I told you that it was a great song."

"Yeah, well... I was bored and I remembered what you said about it. I wasn't expecting to like it, but thought I'd give it a try because you like it. Then all of a sudden it's stuck in my head and I'm dancing around my room having an Ariana Grande concert."

"I can only imagine how funny that would've been to watch."

"Yeah... my sister Camille barged into my room and asked me how I knew that song and why I was listening to it. Eventually she joined me it was both of us having an Ariana Grande concert in my room."

"Aww! That's so cute! Maybe I can meet her one day."

"You'll definitely meet her one day."

She smiled up at me, —or in my general direction since she couldn't see me— stopped us in the middle of the trees, and kissed me on the cheek.

Let me put my hands over your eyes

She sang a line of the song with flushed cheeks.

"I think it's the other way around. But hey! I'm surprised you didn't miss. Congrats."

She glared at me —well at least I think she did— and said, "How are you so sure I didn't miss?"

She tried to walk away, but immediately made a beeline for a tree without even knowing.

"Okay... that's not the way we're supposed to be going." I grabbed her hand and we sang Ariana Grande songs all the way down the trail to the clearing.

She did leave me wondering if she was joking or not though...

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

When we finally got to the clearing I told her to stop. Everything was set up exactly how I left it and I can tell that Aaron came and set up some extra stuff that I didn't get the chance to because he's Aaron and he's a great secret agent. And friend.

"We're here?"

"Yes Anna, we're here"

She took off the blindfold and gazed around the clearing. Her lips parted in shock and she stood there not knowing what to say.

"It's... beautiful."

The clearing was decorated with pictures of different memories that we have on balloons, on trees, and on boards that I made. There's a Gazebo at the far end of the clearing with more that she can't see from this far though, so I started walking towards it to take her over there.

"There's more!?"

"You remember that question I told you to think about today while you were at school?" I asked her while walking backward toward the Gazebo so she couldn't see anything yet.

"Yeah..."

"Well did you come up with any ideas?"

"A few, but I'm not sure if any of them are right."

"Well... I have the answer key, and you can check your answers here." I moved out of her way to stand beside her while she looked around the Gazebo.

In big bold letters hanging from the top of the Gazebo, it said...

WHY DO I EVEN CARE?

Underneath, there were 6 small tables. 5 of them were circled around the Gazebo and there was one in the middle. The ones circled around the Gazebo had all the themes of each of the things I put in her locker. Her smile, her humor, her playfulness, how much she cares, and the fact that I love her.

Annabel POV

The Gazebo was beautiful. The clearing was beautiful. There were balloons and streamers everywhere. There were pictures of him and me and some of just me. Some of the little notes he wrote to me were hanging from the balloons and streamers. When he took me to the little Gazebo at the far end of the clearing I was in awe at how much time he took to decorate this.

There was a sheer covering that resembled the trail of a wedding dress over the entrance so you couldn't see anything until you walked in. When I did the first thing I noticed was that there were bright flowers of all different colors hanging from the ceiling. They fell in front of my face and created a very calming atmosphere.

When I finally saw the question that he had been hinting at for the past week I was a bit... shocked... I guess. The question definitely wasn't what I was expecting, but nothing is ever what I expect with him. It just... it didn't really make sense to me. Out of all the questions it could've been, it ended up being... why did he even care? I mean I asked myself that question every night this week... but I would've never guessed that this is what he asked himself when thinking about how to "woo" me.

He noticed my slight confusion when reading the question and said, "Read the note on the table in the middle and this will all make a bit more sense."

When he said that I noticed the singular piece of paper on the table in question. I quickly picked it up and started reading.

~Dear Anna, you're probably wondering, 'Why does he even care? That's not what I was expecting at all.' and honestly... it's not what I was expecting either. If it wasn't for my sister then none of this would've happened. She's a real lifesaver. Let me take you back to the night of our golf date and maybe then you'll understand.~ 

A/N
Hey Guys!

For starters, sorry for a shorter chapter, I think the next one is longer.

We're so close to the end! OMG! I'm excited yet sad. It would be great to say that I finished my first book, but I also don't want this journey to end. 

I also have another idea for a quarantine book. A teen fiction/romance story about teens during COVID-19. I haven't seen that many books like that, so I hope it goes well. Tell me what you guys think! I've started working on it, so there'll be more information later. 

Back on the topic of this story, what do you think Cameron's sister said to her to get him to come up with that question?

What do you think about that question in general? 

As always, thank you so much for reading this story, and comment and vote if you liked it :) 

Bye loves
Syd.