~4~ Sense of Humor

Cameron POV
~Edited~

"Excuse me, what!?" Anna exclaimed, halfway through the door.

"Yeah, why does she need to transfer schools?" Questioned another guy that Anna had been talking to while Tyson was explaining the plan to me.

He didn't really contribute much to the group, but he looked strikingly like Anna. Same hazel eyes and chestnut hair. I assumed they were siblings.

As though it were the most obvious thing in the entire world Tyson said, "We can't have any funny business. We don't know this guy and although I'm pretty sure he's scared and curious enough to do what we say, we still need to make sure everything works out perfectly. What we're saying is we need you to keep an eye on him and we need you to help him with anything he may need."

After contemplating for a while, Anna sighed and gave in. "Alright Tyson, I'll do it."

Anna's brother didn't just want to let this go though, and protested. "Come on Tyson I need my sister at school with me."

"Well I'm sorry Aaron but you're just gonna have to suck it up and figure it out because we need her," Tyson said with a shrug.

"What if I go with her?" Anna's brother, Aaron apparently, suggested.

"No. It'll make too much of a commotion, only one goes."

Tyson left no room for argument so Aaron admitted defeat, but not before rushing toward me and saying, "If anything, and I mean anything, happens to my sister while she's with you I'm blaming you and you're gonna get it."

I nodded vigorously.

Although Aaron wasn't anywhere near as scary as the rest of the guys, he was still pretty intimidating. Also, I might be on the football team but fighting really isn't my thing.

"Well Cameron, I'll see you back here in about 2 to 3 weeks with as much information as you can get." I was about to leave when Tyson called my name.

"Seriously man, thank you. This is extremely helpful and I promise you that you'll understand everything once you get the information we need." He was... thanking me? It was weird to me that he was doing that, but he looked genuine so I smiled and brushed it off.

Anna and I swapped numbers and I got a ride home from one of the guys.

Other than the whole "threatening to kill me" thing these guys seemed pretty chill, but then again they were in a gang. Honestly, I didn't even know what to believe anymore, seeing as a bunch of people from my school were apparently involved in some big scandal.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

I got home around 6:00, which was pretty early for me. I had dinner with my family after showering and went up to my room afterward. Once I got up there I texted Lizzy. I know I probably shouldn't but it just feels like the right thing to do. She is my girlfriend after all.

Hey babe, are you still mad? ~C
8:01

Come on you can't still be mad ~C
8:05

Alright, I'll leave you alone. Goodnight Lizzy, love you. ~C 
8:10

You could've at least said it back... ~C
8:25

I sighed and turned off my phone. I was about to put it away when it lit up. I thought it was Lizzy so I got really excited, but it was just a text from Anna.

Hey, we need to talk about how we're going to do this thing tomorrow. ~A
8:27

What do you mean by that? ~C
8:28