~19~ Mystery Man

Cameron POV
~Edited~

Yesterday was intense for both of us. Anna and I decided that we were going to wait until Monday to give Tyson the information. Anna wanted to get an actual confession from someone and decided Ellie was the best person to confront. She seemed the most timid and would probably be the most likely to cooperate when we made her listen to the recording. We also saved copies of the recording onto our phones and laptops just in case something happened to the originals.

Hopefully since doctors and scientists will have samples of the weed after we expose everyone, they'll be able to come up with a better way to help the people that have been taking it.

Because of all the stress Anna has gone through recently and not so recently, I decided to do something for her. Once everything goes down we'll probably have to get questioned by the police and there may or may not be multiple people after us that wanted to keep the whole thing going. It would be nice for her to be able to relieve some of that stress before we have to go through all that... also it'll hopefully get me some brownie points with her when I finally decide to do something about the feelings I have toward her.

Last night I went online to this place called "Edible Arrangements" and got her a 24 count of fresh-baked cookies and a platter with strawberries covered in all sorts of things. It was supposed to be delivered to her house in the morning and I was really anxious about whether or not she would like it.

I made sure to add a little card that said "Enjoy! -Your Sweetest Golden Boy"

It took me forever to write that 5 worded note. I didn't want it to sound cheesy, but I also didn't want it to sound like I didn't care. It was so confusing and frustrating all at the same time and eventually I just decided on that and sent it. It still sounds a little cheesy to me, but there's nothing I can do about it now.

My phone ringing sent me back into reality and I looked over to see it was Anna. I answered it with sweaty hands and my heart beating way too fast for its own good.

"Hey," I said as I answered the call.

"Hi, Cameron!" She said extremely enthusiastically.

"You know, a little basket just appeared on my doorstep with strawberries and cookies and the only other thing that came with it was a little note that was signed, apparently, by an extremely sweet golden boy. Do you have any idea who that could be?"

I smiled at the little game she was playing.

"No idea, maybe you should ask around, see who the town's Golden Boy is."

"I think I might know, but I just wanted your opinion on who you think he is."

"I mean he sounds like a pretty amazing guy to me. Whenever you find him you should thank him profusely for doing that for you and give him the biggest hug ever."

"Yeah, he really is. I'll make sure to do just that whenever I find him."

The smile never left my face.

"Hey, Cameron?"

"Yes, Anna?

"Do you wanna come over? Maybe we can go hunting for this mystery guy together." She said with a giggle. "Aaron also went out earlier so I'm kind of home alone. He told me to call you before he left, so you can look after me because of... you know who, but I told him that I was a big girl and didn't need a babysitter."

"So why are you inviting me over now?"

She didn't say anything for a while, but I could still hear her breath so I knew she was still there.