~34~ Cookies and Strawberries

Cameron POV
~Edited~

For once on a Saturday Anna went out. She got in Aaron's car and they drove to a restaurant and waited for Tony to eventually leave, because yes, Tony followed them. They came and met me at the park a little later and we started cleaning up.

On Sunday I took Anna out for the whole day. We didn't have to hide since Anna said Tony didn't show up to her house on Sundays, so I picked her up at 9 AM and took her to breakfast. After that, I took her shopping and we went to a local carnival for a few hours. In the end, we walked around downtown and got dinner. It was absolutely amazing. I got to kiss my girlfriend under the stars while eating pizza, I spent the whole day with her, —which Elizabeth never let me do by the way— and I was the happiest I've been in a while.

The only problem was Tony. I was hoping to sit her down and tell her about my plan at a different time, but Anna is, as she put it, "finally out of her new hot boyfriend stupor and is ready to get back to business."

"Okay well if you would stop badgering me, maybe I'd tell you. Calm down." We were currently at lunch and I was trying to happily eat my food while admiring my girlfriend, but obviously that wasn't going to happen.

"You're taking forever just to tell me though! C'mon!"

"Fine." I set my sandwich down onto the tray and started talking.

"We're going out Saturday," I said, putting my forearms down on the table and leaning forward.

"That's your big plan? To take me out on another date? Didn't I just tell you about how I'm out of my stupor? Are you trying to put me back under?" She said, throwing up her arms in frustration.

"You didn't even let me finish." I chuckled at her reaction, but I knew she was going to have an even more explosive one to what I have to say next. "We're going out Saturday, no precautions."

Her eyes widened like saucers and she looked at me like I was crazy. She shook her head vigorously before saying, "No! Nope. No. Never. Nuh-uh. Not gonna happen." 

"Just give me a chance! Please, Anna." 

 "Cameron, baby, you do realize I haven't gone outside without taking precautions since, like, forever? This could end really badly."

"Anna, baby, that's the point." I took her hands into my own across the table. "I know what I'm doing. I promise I wouldn't put you in a position where you could get hurt but I'm not going to tell you every single aspect of what's happening because it might compromise how this goes. I have faith though, that this will go according to plan as long as you do as I say."

She sighed, looking like she was admitting defeat. "I did agree to date you because I thought you could handle this. And you know, cause of other things."

I smirked at her. "Exactly, now eat your food and stop babbling about nonsense."

"The nonsense that is our lives at stake Cameron?" She smirked right back at me.

"Precisely BG," I said with a wink. She merely shook her head and went back to her food. 

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Annabel POV 

All week Cameron had been reassuring me that this would be fine, that everything would go according to his plan and no one, except for Tony, would be hurt.

I didn't want to tell him that I felt he was a little too confident in his plan. It's not like I don't trust him, it's that I don't trust Tony. He's a maniac who has resisted arrest -and gotten away with it- for three years, and that's only in the time I've known him. Who knows what he was doing before.

One of the worst parts about this is that all of my friends seem to know exactly what's happening except for me. Aaron, Tyson, and even Damien knows what's happening, and I was in the dark.

It's now Saturday and Cameron should be here any minute and I'm freaking out. So many things could go wrong and I don't know how I would handle it if something happened to Cameron, I just... I don't know what I would do.

"But Aaron, what if he comes out of nowhere and attacks us? What if he seriously hurts Cameron, what if Cameron has to go to the hospital or something?"

I was currently pacing back and forth in front of my door waiting for Cameron to show up while venting to Aaron. And honestly, he wasn't doing a very good job of calming me down.

"Look Anna, you'll be fine! Cameron will be fine! I approve of this plan, Tyson approves of this plan, all of the guys approve of this plan, everything will work out."

"You guys chose the worst time too. You chose the exact time when Tony gets here every day. You know that he gets here at exactly noon every Saturday and leaves around 5! And you and Cameron chose 1 PM! He's probably sitting outside in his car right now!"

I walked over to the window we have in our kitchen and Aaron followed suit. "Look!" I yelled opening our blinds, "You see! He's sitting right there! Right outside and we're about to lead him right to one of the only people I care about that might not be able to defend themselves!" At this point, I was frantically waving my arms around and pointing at Tony's car that was literally parked right across the street.

Aaron seemingly didn't like this because he quickly closed the blinds and dragged me away from the window. "Are you crazy!?"

I gave him a look that said 'that's what I've been asking you guys for the past week.'  and I knew he got the message.

"You were just waving your hands around and basically calling a maniac to us who's tried to kill you and your friends multiple times."

"You realize that that seems to be your plan," I said with a blank look.

"Okay... yeah... I could see where there could be the slightest bit of hypocrisy there..." He said sheepishly while scratching the back of his neck.

"Exact-"

"But wait! Who said that's our plan?"

"What? What does that-"

Beep beep 

Beep beep beep beep

I looked out the window again to see Cameron beeping his car horn extremely loudly, obviously trying to get the attention of Tony by doing so. And it was working.

"Not your plan huh?" I gave Aaron an annoyed look.

"Just walk over to Cam's car casually and don't look scared or nervous." I sighed and he grabbed my shoulder and turned me towards the door. "Okay bye sis!" He opened the door and pushed me out, forcing me to do exactly as he said.

I walked to Cameron's car as casually as I could muster, all the while making sure I knew what Tony was doing in my peripheral vision. Sure enough, he was staring at me with the same face he makes every time he gets ready to hurt the people I'm close to. A terrifyingly evil smile. It resembles the grinch's smile in a way. 

Nevermind, it's exactly like the grinch's smile.

I got in the car and kissed Cameron's cheek. It was more for show because I could tell whatever plan they had called for something like that. I could also tell it made Tony even more furious than he already was. Anything that makes Tony mad is a good thing in my book.

"Cam, I'm not sure about this," I said as he started up the car to drive away.

"Just relax baby, everything is going to be fine."

I got ready to see Tony's car following closely behind us, but to my surprise, it wasn't. He had been stopped by the police before he could even start up his engine. It seemed he wasn't supposed to park there.

Cameron seemed to notice this too and said, "I told you everything is going to be alright." He took my hand and squeezed it across the center console and made all my worries melt away.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

We arrived at the same park from the day he asked me to be his girlfriend, but this time we went into the park itself. There was a little jungle gym for kids to play in, a lake that people could walk around, and a big wide open space for older kids to play and for little sports games to happen. There weren't that many people here today, so we went to a little secluded part of the park underneath a tree. 

I wasn't overthinking the actual date like I usually do because a big part of me was still extremely stressed out about Tony and the fact that he could've still followed us somehow. So when Cameron set down the blanket and basket that I didn't realize he was holding I was quickly taken out of the land of anxiety and back into reality.

"Surprise!" He said sitting down on the blanket and making space for me.

"Oh my goodness Cam!" I groaned, "I was so worried about Tony that I didn't have a chance to think about our actual date. I didn't even think we'd be able to have it, and I'm so sorry about that."

"It's okay Anna, I understand. I'm glad you care so much about my well being, but sit down and enjoy the food that I made for you please."

He pulled out a variety of things from the basket. Chicken, mashed potatoes, rice and beans, coleslaw, and ribs as well.

"I didn't know you could cook?"

"One of the many things about my secret agent double life that I haven't shared with you." He winked at me and pulled out plates and forks for us to eat with.

"I thought Aaron was the secret agent?" I said while putting my food from the different bowls.

"How do you think he got into the organization?" He pointed to himself with his fork like he was the coolest guy in the world.

I giggled at him and we started eating. The food was absolutely delicious, and the conversation was great too. We laughed together, had fun together, joked around together, made more memories together, he even took a few photos of me. Just when I thought we were done though, he pulled something else out of the basket.

"Up for dessert?" He smirked knowingly at me.

"Cookies and Strawberries Cameron? Really?" I shook my head but took the strawberries from him nonetheless.

A/N
Hey guys!

Okay for one I just wanted to say I'm really into that like relationship tradition/inside joke type thing which is why I keep making them redo things that they've done before. Not that I don't have anything else to write about, but I just think that's the cutest thing ever when people in relationships have inside jokes and all that haha okay that's all about that. 

I'll probably be posting a chapter a day and then I'll post the epilogue with the last chapter. If you guys want me to write a bonus chapter or something with a different POV or something you guys wanted to know about let me know. 

If you liked this chapter don't forget to comment and vote :) 

Bye loves~
Syd.