~27~ Day 1: Your Humor

Annabel POV
~Edited~

I felt awful for turning Cameron down the way I did. Especially considering the fact that I probably like him more than any of the other guys I've dated, but that's precisely why I can't date him. It would hurt way more seeing him hurt.

I woke up Monday morning feeling terrible. I couldn't face Cameron today. It would be too much for me to know he feels the same way I do and I can't do anything about it.

That's honestly the only good thing that came out of this whole thing.

 Cameron actually likes me back.

I made sure to text Cameron to let him know that I was getting a ride from Aaron today and that I didn't need him to drive me. That probably made him feel worse as well, but it was the only way I could cope.

Aaron gave me a sad look as we got into his car and drove off. It was a familiar feeling, but even that didn't make me feel any better. 

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

He dropped me off at the front of the school and I slowly made my way to my locker. I really hoped I wouldn't cross paths with Cameron today.

"Hey girl!" A girl from my English class named Alyssa came up to me.

"Oh hi Alyssa, what's up?" I smiled at her.

"Well, I just wanted to know if you knew what happened with Elizabeth and Carter. I know you're friends with Cameron, who used to date Elizabeth. Also, Carter is, as far as I know, best friends with Cameron."

Did I mention she's like the queen of gossip?

"Well, I-"

"Also have you seen Ellie around? I mean Ellie's best friend's with Elizabeth and Elizabeth used to date Cameron and you and Cameron are like a thing now right? So you must know what's going on with her."

"Well no not exactly-"

"Oh my god! Was he cheating on Lizzy with you? Girl, you didn't tell me about that juicy part of your life. That is so interesting and did you know that..." She kept rambling on about some more drama that I really wasn't interested in.

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is why I don't talk to people.

"Alyssa! Cameron and I aren't a 'thing' and he didn't cheat on Elizabeth with me. Speaking of, I have no idea what happened to Elizabeth, Ellie, or Carter, and I don't care about anyone's drama."

I quickly walked around her and over to my locker to open it. As soon as I did a ton of dark purple and black pieces of paper fell out at my feet.

Alyssa walked over to me and picked up a dark purple piece of paper. "Day 1: Your Humor." She read aloud.

I quickly picked up all of the pieces of paper off the floor and stuffed them back in my locker. I turned around to get the last piece from Alyssa, but her expression stopped me for a second. "Oh my god, this is so cute! Are you sure you and Cameron aren't a thing because it seems like you are to me!"

"What are you talking about?" I quickly took the paper from her and read it.

DAY 1: YOUR HUMOR

~Remember when we were out mini-golfing and you started randomly singing nursery rhymes that you learned from babysitting your baby cousin? Or when we were face-timing and you decided you were going to dress up as different Disney princesses and recreate scenes from the movies? Those random things that you do and the way you make me laugh is one of the reasons why I fell for you and I'm not just going to let that go just because of some guy. Today is day 1 of 5 days where I put different things in your locker. I'm doing this to show you all the good times we've had together and why you should give us a chance... you never know what could happen.

P.S. On the other slips of paper are different inside jokes and funny memories that we have. I wrote down as many as I could remember. I hope you enjoy reliving our memories as much as I did when I wrote them.~

He really did all this just to convince me to date him? Day 1? He's doing this the whole week? Is it bad that I'm already convinced? I still don't want to put him in harm's way but he did help Tarah... maybe he can help me. I am curious as to what this whole thing will include. It was honestly so cute and sweet, what else could he come up with?

"Ahhh! This is the cutest thing ever! You're so lucky. Oh my god!! Can I post this on IG?"

"No Alyssa you can't post this on..." I sighed at her and turned my attention back to the slips of paper in my locker. She was right about one thing though. 

I'm extremely lucky.

I picked up one of the pieces of paper and started reading.

"I can't believe you threw me into the lion's den!" 

And then I read another.

"She has a mean girl personality"

And another...

"It's Nacho Day" -Your sweetest golden boy

Then I couldn't stop...

"You're not as hot as you think you are."

"I thought she was going to eat me."

I read all of them. Remembering all the memories, even the recent ones.

"The Ultimate Mini-Golf Master"

It was nice to remember all that has happened in just 2 months. It feels like we've known each other forever, but in reality, Cameron and I met a little over 2 months ago. 

I was interrupted from my thoughts by the bell and put everything back into my locker. I decided I was going to take it all home before I left today, in case Cameron actually decides to put more things in my locker tomorrow. Luckily, he left a jar in there too. Wow, he thought of everything.

Thinking about that made a stupid grin split across my face and I skipped my way to my first period.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

"He didn't talk to you the whole day?" Aaron asked me with an incredulous look on his face. I had just told him about what Cameron did for me, but finished with the icing on the cake.

He barely even glanced my way the whole day.

I was forced to sit with that girl Alyssa and her friends at lunch. The only person there that I could stand was this other girl named Rayleigh. She was really quiet though, so we didn't talk much. Cameron, on the other hand, sat with the guys on his football team. Not looking at me once and laughing like there was no tomorrow.

Even in the classes that we have together, —and we have a lot— he didn't even take notice to me. Usually in our 7th period we joke about how boring the math teacher is, but today he just sat down in his usual spot next to me and didn't say a word.

I was so desperate to talk to him that I almost begged him for a ride.

Almost

I still had some pride left.

I didn't understand how he could do something so sweet and then just ignore me the whole day. I just don't get it.

"Nope. Not a word." I plopped down on my couch and got ready for the only thing that's never going to leave me in this world. Boy Meets World. Cory, Topanga, and Shawn are the only people that have never let me down.

"You can't wallow in your sadness watching Boy Meets World reruns all day." Why was my brother trying to be the voice of reason in my life today of all days?

"Okay fine, then I'll wallow in my sadness and listen to Melanie Martinez all day."

"No, you won't."

"Well you have to choose one, so pick!"

"I-"

I could tell Aaron was about to give me some lecture about not letting this affect me and that there probably was a reasonable explanation for this, but he was cut off by my phone buzzing.

"Oh my god! He's texting me! Wait... why am I so happy, I'm mad at him."

I glanced up at my brother who was smirking at me before saying, "Gotta go!", and running up to my room to read whatever he said.

He better explain what this is all about.

A/N
Hey guys!

I really enjoyed writing this chapter! Cameron turning into sweet trying to woo the girl Cameron makes me happy. 

What do you think is going to happen on the other days? 

What do you think Cameron is going to say to her? 

What do you think his reasoning is for not talking to her all day? 

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! If you did please vote and comment, everything helps:) 

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 615 READS :)

Stay safe loves~
Syd.