~6~ Nacho Day

Annabel POV
~Edited~

I walked into my 3rd period with a triumphant smile on my face.

I had finally convinced Cameron that I could walk to lunch on my own.

The past 2 weeks he's somehow made it to all my classes right when I come out so he could drop me off to my next class.

He's so... nice. Although sometimes his kindness can be kind of annoying, I'll admit that it is refreshing. He's also funny... really funny.

I was scared this whole thing would be me trying to deal with some snobby rich kid, but this hasn't been so bad. He's actually a really goofy dumb kid. Which is just what I need.

As soon as I sat down in my seat I could feel a presence in front of me. I looked up to see none other than Elizabeth Kings, Cameron's controlling girlfriend whose also one of the people that have the most information about the scandal. I forgot I had this class with her.

And to think I was actually in a good mood.

She was smiling that same fake smile that she put on for me in the hallway a couple of weeks ago and every other time we've seen each other for that matter. I did the same thing back at her and waited for her to say something.

"Hi, Anna! How have your first couple of weeks been? I noticed that my boyfriend has been hanging out with you a lot lately."

She spoke in an annoyingly high pitched voice and just to piss her off I rose my voice an octave to match hers.

"Oh, yeah! He's been so helpful. He's taken me to every class and shown me around the school. He's being so sweet to me." I smiled and began taking things out of my bag for class.

"Oh well, that's how he is! Cameron Black: the sweetest boy in town. He does this with everyone, don't worry."

She was still smiling at me but I could tell what she really meant: "You aren't special, so don't fool yourself into thinking you are." Oh don't worry sweetie, I'm fully aware of how special I am, are you?

Absolutely annoyed with the fake smiles and false niceties I rolled my eyes and said, "Ok Lizzy you can cut the crap. Just say what you have to say and move on."

"What're you talking about Anna? I just came to ask you how your time here has been."

Does this bitch ever stop fake smiling?

"Yeah, right," I said with an eye roll. "And Ron Weasley came up to me earlier and told me spiders were his favorite animal."

She sadly didn't laugh at my Harry Potter joke -which I was very proud of by the way. Instead, she scowled at me and finally gave the real reason she approached me.

"Ok, now you're just talking gibberish! Whatever, you're right, I came here to tell you to back off my man. He doesn't like you, doesn't want you, and doesn't care about you. The only reason that's he's giving you the time of day is because he thinks it's the right thing to do. He would be nice to you even if you were a bee trying to sting him, so don't go feeling special because he gave you a tour."

She finished with a satisfied smirk and started to walk away. Before she could, however, I knew I had to add in one more thing.

"I mean I didn't want him in the first place, but the fact that you're threatened by me and I'm supposedly 'not special' says a whole lot about your confidence."

She gasped, got as red as a tomato, realized she didn't have a comeback, and stomped off.

Now it was my turn to have a satisfied smirk.