~12~ NO!

Cameron POV
~Edited~

It was now Friday and Anna and I were both extremely anxious to find out new information.

The whole week we've been talking, texting, and even calling each other about it a bunch to come up with theories as to what their actual motives were behind this whole thing.

I was also trying to figure out what the secret was between Tyson's sister and the millionaire families. My first guess was that they kidnapped her to get Tyson to pay back some money he owed for the weed.

Anna said Tyson and the guys don't do weed and things like that. Every now and then they drink and smoke, but it's just like she said, every now and then.

My second guess was that one of the millionaire's sons dated his sister and did something awful to her, like spreading her nudes or physically/mentally abuse her.

To that, Anna laughed and said that Tyson's sister, whose name was Tarah, was smarter and tougher than that. She also said that if something like that happened Tyson would personally beat up whoever did it, and wouldn't be trying to hurt them from the inside.

One hint she did give me though, is that my second guess was closer than my first.

At this point, I had 1 more guess before she kept her mouth shut unless, as Tyson put it, absolutely necessary.

No time to think about my next guess though, because it was nearing the end of the day soon and I was starting to get nervous about this whole situation.

I had been on many dates with Elizabeth before, that's obvious. But, I had never been on one where we would be talking about our breakup and making sure we were on the same page about staying friends.

This was going to be awkward.

As soon as school got out I met Elizabeth near my car and we started driving.

Anna also figured out a way to record everything said during the conversation to use as evidence using the microphone wire set we got from Tyson.

We got to the little cafe and each ordered an iced coffee. It was quiet and a nice place to have a conversation. There were college students at various desks that looked like they were cramming in some study time while having some coffee.

We sat down as we waited for the coffee to be served and in that short time she apologized for letting the breakup be as public as it was and she told me she understood why I did it.

There was no sincerity in her eyes whatsoever. She seemed as though she were reading from a memorized script in her head and didn't believe any of the words she was saying. I accepted her apology, but I didn't really mean it either. I can't even overthink it right now because I have work to do.

"Hey Lizzy, I have a question," I said, leaning forward and placing my forearms on the table.

"Shoot." She said before taking a sip from her coffee.

"I've just been wondering about that club you're in. I know you and Carter said that it's 'too complicated' for me, but come on, just tell me what you guys do." I urged, air quoting the words "too complicated". 

"Why are you so interested?" She asked with a laugh.

"I just want to know what my friends are doing, you know? You guys have been in it for a while and never talk about it. Is it a crime to want to know more about you guys?" I said innocently, leaning back in my chair.

"It's not, you're right." She sighed, took another sip of her iced coffee, shrugged her shoulders, then said, "We play ping pong."

"Ping pong? That's so cool! Why can't I join again? I'm a ping pong master. I bet I'd be able to make your team better than I'm sure it already is and-"

"NO!" She practically screamed at me, successfully cutting me off. Hopefully, she'll let something slip and give me some information if I can get underneath her skin. 

I forced a surprised look on my face and said, "What?"

"I just mean... It's not regular ping pong. There are different rules and things that you have to learn and I doubt you want to do all that, with football and everything you have going on. It's complicated and nothing like regular ping pong. Plus the seasons started already, I doubt you would have time to learn everything in time for our next game."

"Oh, you guys have games? Like against other schools?"

A look of nervousness passed over her face like she said something she probably didn't have the answer to.

The look left as quickly as it came.

"Yeah! Uhm... We actually have one today and it's at..." She stopped to look at her phone.

"Oh gosh! Look at the time! It's already 2:55! Could you drop me back at school so I could have time to get to the game, Cam?"

"Oh, sure! What time is the game?"

"Uhm... 3:30."

"Well, maybe I could come and watch."

"NO!" She screamed at me for the second time today.

"Sorry... I just mean... It's an away game. It's like, a two hours drive away. I doubt you want to drive 2 hours just for a silly little ping pong game." She giggled nervously.

"Oh? I thought the game started at 3:30?"

Elizabeth looked like she was going to burst with irritation at this comment and I thought she was finally going to give up and tell me the truth, or at least a version of it, but instead, she calmed herself down and pretended the outburst never happened.

"Sorry, I meant the busses left at 3:30. They aren't picking us up at the school though, we have to meet somewhere else which is why I need my car. We'll get there at 5:30 and the game will probably end around 7:00."

I was thinking about asking some more questions, but I decided against it. I got all the information I needed anyways.

She seemed to think I was going to be asking more questions as well because when I agreed to take her back to the school she sighed with relief.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

After I dropped Elizabeth off at the school, I met Anna at her house. She was listening in to the whole conversation, so she already knew what my plan was probably going to be when I arrived.

"We should take my car to follow her. It's a better option, she won't recognize it if she spots us."

"You're right, come on let's go before we miss something."

Anna turned on the speaker as we drove. I had discreetly dropped the microphone in her bag when were leaving.

I opened my phone and pulled up the location of the microphone on it. It seemed she was still driving and just as I turned onto the main road we heard Elizabeth's phone ring over the speaker.

"Hey!" She said.

We heard faint talking on the other end and then, "Yeah, I know I'm late."

"I'm on my way, I swear."

"I just got hung up with Cameron."

"I'm sorry, ok? I'll explain everything when I get there babe, please calm down."

"I know, I know. I love you too babe."

"Bye Carter."

Wait...

What?