~3~ Extraneous Problems

Cameron POV
~Edited~

I was so scared that my hands were shaking. I had no idea what I was supposed to do. I thought I was getting somewhere with this girl but I guess not.

"Wait, wait, wait, wait! Please don't kill me please!!" I yelled as soon as their guns went from the random man in the front to me in the back. I put my hands up in the universal sign of surrender over my head.

The gang leader, who I presume was the Tyson person that the girl from earlier kept talking about, started walking towards me.

"Well, well, well. I haven't seen a white boy this scared since I decided to go to a redneck restaurant. I kept reaching into my back pocket and I swear I could hear the breaths of relief when I didn't pull out a gun." Tyson chuckled with some other guys that were in the warehouse.

Now I'm not racist, trust me I'm not, but being approached by an extremely buff black dude with tattoos and who also happened to be the leader of a gang was seriously unsettling. I didn't know what to do or how to respond or if I should even respond.

"What do you think we should do with him, Nelson?" Tyson asked a lighter-skinned, less buff guy who I'm pretty sure was Hispanic.

"I'm not sure Tyson, you're the boss."

He finally addressed me, "You heard everything that happened there? With Deryll and the money?"

I nodded my head quickly.

"Well Deryll, it's your lucky day! I have something more important to deal with. You can go home, but don't think you're getting off scot-free. You'll be coming back here." He paused and looked at a really tall and skinny guy who looked like he was mixed.

"Aye Damien! Take Deryll home." Damien merely nodded and walked off with Deryll in tow.

I wanted to say something but wasn't sure if I should only speak when spoken to so I just stood there.

I was scared for my life, and praying that somehow, someway, everything would be resolved. I hoped that this was all a dream and I could go back to my awesome life with my extraneous problems.

Obviously, I wasn't lucky enough because just then Tyson looked at me and said, "You know way too much kid. I don't know if I can keep you alive. We have a tight business here and I'm not getting caught because of you."

I quickly replied, trying my best not to say something that would get me killed, "Trust me, seriously. I won't tell a soul! Please, I just want to live."

"How do I know you're telling the truth? You could be lying. You could leave and come back here with a bunch of policemen to arrest us."

"I'll do anything to prove I'm telling the truth! Please, just don't kill me!"

Tyson laughed along with some of the other guys that were around.

"He goes to Crestview High." I heard a high pitched voice say out of nowhere.

It was the girl. The one who put me in this position in the first place.

God, I hated her right now.

"Is that so?..."

"Yep and his parents own Black Boutique." She smirked as though she had just done the most brilliant thing ever.

"Thank you for that very helpful information Anna, but how do you even know that?"

Anna, I assume, replied with, "I had a little chat with him to get information before he was as scared as he is now."

This caused them to laugh at me, again.

Yep, still hate her.

"What's your name?" Tyson asked me.

"Cameron Black."

"Well Cameron Black, I'll have you know that a lot of the people in your school are quite awful people. They have big secrets and they've done terrible things, and because of this I'm gonna let you go."

I let out a sigh of relief and put my hands —which I didn't realize were still up— down. The guns went down with my hands.

"You might not wanna be happy about that Cameron." Anna, who was obviously enjoying this situation, said.

"Why?..." I was hesitant. I wasn't really sure I wanted to know the answer.

"Because I'm gonna make you find out those secrets, figure out why they did all those things, and how. There is an enormous scandal going on at your school and we've been trying to find someone on the inside to help us take them down. Your classmates' parents are using their businesses to do some bad things and the kids are all in on it. We were originally going to have Anna infiltrate the school, but it would be way better to have someone who already has relationships with people instead of having her make new ones," he explained to me.

"So... basically you're telling me to figure out my friends' secrets and then stab them in the back by telling you guys so you can quote-unquote 'take them down'?" I said in a clipped tone. 

I don't really like being rude to anyone, especially not to the leader of a gang, seeing as I want to keep my life. This though was kind of absurd.

"I mean... if you want to live of course," Tyson said trying to scare me. And let me tell you, it definitely worked. I still didn't understand why he even cared. I mean don't gangs only care about drugs and money?

As if he read my mind he said, "Not everything is what it seems kid, we have good reason to want this information. Maybe, just maybe we'll tell you why if you get what we need. I also believe that once you find out what they did then you won't even need an explanation because of how awful the deed was."

I thought about this for a while. Could it really be that my classmates are in on something that I'm not aware of? What about my parents? Are they in on something that I don't know about? It seems as though he knows just about everything so I asked him.

He told me that my parents, and a percentage of other parents in my school, didn't want to be involved in what happened. They don't know what these rich businesspeople are up to, but they do know what the result of this whole thing was. I was just relieved my parents weren't apart of anything.

After they explained to me the plan Tyson said, "Remember to confirm your school transfer later today Anna."

School transfer? Why would Anna be transferring schools?

A/N
Hey guys!

This chapter has a few things about racism and race and I just wanted to let everyone know that there won't be anything extreme, but there may be one or two times when racism towards black/hispanic people are talked about.

It's nothing serious, mostly jokes like in this one.

Don't worry about me being racist either I'm black and I just thought I'd add some of my personal experiences in this book but in a light and funny way.

I also have NOTHING against white people, just the racist ones. But, you know, duh.

Anyway, remember to vote and comment if you enjoyed reading that please :)

Bye loves~
Syd.