~23~ Anna, Tyson, and Tarah

Cameron POV
~Edited~

The two weeks went by pretty uneventfully, which was nice after what felt like 2 months filled with stressful events.

It was now Saturday and Tyson and Anna were about to pick me up to go see Tarah, Tyson's sister. I was a bit nervous if I was being honest. I didn't know what to expect from her at all. Would she open up after we tell her what happened? Would she get even worse? If she did open up would she even want to see me, someone who didn't exist in her life before and now knows all her secrets?

The more time that went by the more my stomach churned. I wasn't even sure if I should be going with them, but I promised Anna that I would be there for her.

After about two hours of driving, we made it the mental institution.

"Hey Tyson, how ya doing today?" The lady at the front desk greeted him. She had a sweet southern accent that made her immediately likable, no matter who you were.

She looked past Tyson and her eyes widened considerably when she saw Anna.

"Well if it isn't Annabel Carter. I haven't seen you in ages sugar! Come give me a hug." Anna reached over the desk and gave the pale-faced woman a tight hug. 

"It's nice to see you too Rona."

"And who is this handsome gentleman that y'all brought with you today." She said finally spotting me standing behind Tyson.

"This," Tyson started, pulling me forward, "is the reason why we finally have some good news to tell Tarah today."

Her face saddened as she looked between the three of us. "I heard about what happened. Such a shame. And the fact that her own best friends could do that to her..."

We all stood in sad silence for a moment thinking about everything. "But... it's amazing that y'all found out the truth and got justice for Tar. Oh, she's such a sweet girl on her good days. Lucky for y'all today is one of them. Hopefully the good news will help her. I'll let the doctor know you're coming up."

We took the elevator up to Tarah's floor and again I felt the churning in my stomach. I really hope this works.

We walked into the room and Tarah's face brightened as she saw Tyson.

"Ty ty! You're back! You haven't been by in forever." She stood to give Tyson a hug but stopped dead in her tracks when she saw Anna.

Her eyes started to water and so did Anna's. "A- Anna? Is that really you?"

"Yeah Tar, it's me. How've you been?"

"Okay. Well, as okay as I can be here. Why haven't you come by in so long?"

"It hurts me Tarah, seeing you this way."

"So you stopped coming by? I missed you so much! They told me that I started having fewer good days when you stopped coming by Anna! How could you do that to me?"

"You... you did? Tyson you never... you never told me that."

"I'm sorry Anna. I knew how much it hurt you to see her on her bad days. I knew how much you hated seeing her this hurt and not knowing why. I thought it would be better if you didn't know." Tyson hung his head, obviously regretting not telling Anna when he had the chance.

The tears in Anna's eyes started rolling down her cheeks just as Tarah's did the same. They stared at each other for a minute, as if taking in all that they've missed in the past couple of years.

"Is Tony still... you know?"

"Yeah. All the time. I missed having someone to talk to about it though. I'm so sorry Tarah, I missed you so much."