~30~ Crazy and Content

Annabel POV
~Edited~

I opened my locker hesitantly and it was like all the girls around me were holding their breaths, waiting to see what was inside.

When I opened the locker though I was extremely confused.

DAY 5: THE FACT THAT...

The fact that what? I pushed my head in to see if there was anything else, and that's when I saw it. It was a screenshot of him and Aaron's conversation from yesterday.

So have you decided what day 5 is gonna be yet? ~AA
6:06

Yep, and I'm extremely nervous about it. I'm scared that her reaction won't be a very good one. ~C
6:07

Well why don't you tell me so that I can help you? ~AA
6:07

Well... I'm honestly scared of your reaction as well ~C
6:07

C'mon, the only thing that I would react badly for is if day 5's theme was "I'm giving up on you" or something. ~AA
6:08

Well I'm definitely not giving up on her ~C
6:08

So tell me then! ~AA
6:08

Fine. "DAY 5: THE FACT THAT I LOVE YOU" it's been sitting in my notes forever and I've been thinking about if I should say it or not. ~C
6:09

Okay one, I totally called it and two, there is no reason why you shouldn't say it. I can guarantee you she feels the same way. Even if she doesn't, at least it's out there. ~AA
6:09

You're right Aaron... thanks ~C
6:10

That's Agent Double A to you ~AA
6:10

After reading the message I almost pushed over all the girls trying to look for Cameron. He has to be here somewhere! He can't just ignore me all day after... after a confession like that.

All of a sudden I felt my phone buzz in my back pocket. 

Calm down Anna and turn the screenshot over ~AA
7:18

You're an awful twin brother you know! You knew about this whole thing and didn't tell me a thing  >:( ~A
7:18

I couldn't! Cameron asked me not to, and I wasn't about to ruin the surprise. Now do what I said and turn over the paper! ~AA
7:18

Ugh! Whatever, fine! ~A
7:19

I turned over the screenshot and was about to start reading the note on the back when I heard yelling. Some of the girls from earlier were still there, but most of them had left after I nearly shoved them all to the ground.

"GUYS!! I saw him... cafeteria... text message... Anna..." One of the girls in Alyssa's friend group —who I recognized as Emmy— fell into the other girls' arms panting, seemingly tired from running a few feet from the cafeteria to here.

"What!! Emmy speak up!" Alyssa shouted at her while the other girls started fanning her and offering her water. God these girls were so dramatic.

"Cameron... he was in the cafeteria and he admitted that he was the one putting the stuff in Anna's locker, he even had someone text him when she got to school!"

All of the girls immediately shifted their focus to me. Emmy, who was forgotten with this newfound information, yelped as she was dropped onto the floor.

"So why didn't he even make an effort to talk to her? I saw him standing at the corner staring, but I didn't know what to make of it. What's his deal?" Another girl whose name I remember as Gracie said to no one in particular.

"Yeah, Anna... what's his deal? You should know. You're the one getting the stuff in your locker."

"Look guys, I'm not sure what his deal is, but... I've got to get to class so I'll see you later."

"The bell hasn't even rung yet!" Just as the words left her mouth, the bell rang, signaling everyone to get to their classes. 

I smirked and quickly made my escape while the rest of them stood there with their arms crossed, minus Emmy, who was still gasping for air on the floor.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

As soon as I got to my first period I turned over the paper and started reading. 

~Dear Anna, I know you're probably freaking out and wondering where I am and why I haven't come to talk to you after that big reveal, but I swear it's all in due time. After school today Aaron won't be picking you up, he already knows this so you don't have to tell him anything. I'm going to be taking you to a secluded spot where you'll find the answer to this question: What question do each day's theme put together answer? Your humor, your smile, your playfulness, how much you care, and... the fact that I love you. I know, a question inside of a question... weird right? I want you to think about this... just really think about it. The answer might seem easy to you, and maybe it is, but maybe it isn't. I think it's extremely obvious and because of that, you probably won't guess it right. Here comes the bad news... because I want you to think about this I won't be at school today. I don't want to distract you from the original purpose and the question I just asked you. I also want you to think about today's reveal and what it means for us. I'm already gone with all the work needed for school from the different teachers, so there's nothing you can do about it. Please don't hate me.~

"Are you kidding me!?" I may or may not have whisper yelled that just as the bell rang for class to start.

I can't believe he would just... bail like that. Ugh, he's so insufferable sometimes!

But you love him... ;)

How are you even winking you're a disembodied voi- whatever that's not the point. Anyways... just because I love him doesn't mean he's allowed to ditch me after-

After he told you he loved you too... ;)

Oh yeah... he did say that, didn't he?

So I assume he's forgiven?

For now...

You're the insufferable one, not him. 

Okay shut up sub-conscience.

Gladly :) 

I was extremely disappointed that I wouldn't get to see Cameron all day, but he was right. If I had seen him today I would've attacked him with questions or answers or "thank you's" or a multitude of other things. With him not here, I can have time to myself to think about what he asked me.

What question do those things answer? Maybe different things that he likes about me?

You can't have "I love you" on a list of things that you like about someone, that's sort of redundant.

Didn't I tell you to shush?

Hey I'm just trying to help, plus I'm the only entertainment you have right now, but fine I'll leave.

You're not even real-

I'm crazy, aren't I? I'm talking to myself. I've finally lost my marbles. Well... better embrace it. If I'm going to be crazy, I'm going to be crazy and content with my craziness.

Yay! So I can stay?

Sure disembodied voice. It's not like I'm getting rid of you anytime soon either way. Anyway, back to figuring out what's happening.

And just as that thought crossed my mind the bell rung and it was time for me to switch classes, not that I noticed anyway. 

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

It's like my body was moving on its own while my mind was otherwise occupied. I went through the whole day doing all my work, going from class to class, and I think I even held a conversation or two but I don't remember any of it. I was too lost in my thoughts. 

When the end of the day came I practically sprinted out the door looking for Cameron's familiar black 2014 Chevy Malibu.

After 5 minutes of waiting, I was convinced that he was standing me up, even though in the back of my head I knew I was just being impatient.

When I finally saw his car pull into the school's parking lot I almost got myself ran over trying to run to it. I quickly apologized to the person whose car I just ran in front of and continued my journey across the parking lot.

When I got in the car he was laughing so hard to the point where there were tears in his eyes. I tried to glare at him, I really did, but I couldn't even fake it and a huge smile spread across my face.

After he sobered up a bit from his laughing fit he looked down at me with the same grin I was giving him.

"Did you miss me?"

You don't even know how much Cameron, you seriously don't.

A/N
Hey Guys!

Hey! Did you guys miss me? ;) 

I really enjoyed making this chapter, and the next few chapters as well. I hope you guys are enjoying reading them! 

What do you guys think of Cameron's big reveal?? 

Where do you think he's taking her? 

Do you think Anna's going crazy too lolol? 

Hope you guys enjoyed it! If you liked this chapter comment and vote, it seriously makes my day. 

Speaking of, we have almost 800 reads and I'm so happy :))))))) 

Hope everyone's staying safe! Hopefully, this whole corona thing will be over soon cause I'm going crazy just like Anna. 

Bye loves,
Syd.