~22~ Sneaky Secret Agent

Cameron POV
~Edited~

The policemen told us to come down to the station and make our statements after we gave them the evidence. After seeing that Ellie was beaten and probably emotionally traumatized they didn't arrest her, but they went to each and every one of the other families involved houses and arrested the parents.

Some of the parents had younger kids that didn't know anything about what was happening and were going to have to go live with another family member. Some, sadly, might have to go into the foster system. They will most likely be better off living in the system than in that type of environment anyways, with their parents being secret drug lords and all.

The policemen did tell CPS to try and find a nice home for them to live in so that they still lived pretty good lives after all of that. I really hope that they do.

We were there for a while, having to write out statements and being interrogated. My parents had to come down as well, but they didn't get arrested. They were scared for their lives and their businesses and they honestly didn't fully understand what was going on. They didn't know anything about Tyson and Tarah's parents' death, nor did they know what happened when people took the drug. It was just the weed they didn't report about to the police, so they just got fined. This wasn't much of a problem for them, and they paid right away.

While my parents were at the police station, I was in their car with my little sister Camille. She was scared for my parents, and with good reason. She was brought to a police station with no explanation why and my parents were very stressed. 

"Are mommy and daddy going to jail?" She only calls them mommy and daddy when she's scared or when she wants something from them.

"No Cam, they're not. They're just being asked some questions and then they'll come back to you and give you a big hug in no time."

"Are you sure?" She looked up at me and crossed her arms. I already knew she believed me because of the sassy look she had on her face.

"Of course I'm sure Cam. Now, do you wanna listen to Kidz Bop?"

"No Cam, I'm not a little kid." I laughed at her little pout that made her look exactly like what she swore she wasn't.

"Right, I forgot you were 14 and not 4." 

She smacked my arm but laughed along anyway.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

We listened to some music for a while until my parents came out of the police station. Camille jumped out of the car at the sight of them.

"Mom! Dad! You didn't get arrested, thank god!" She gave them both a big hug and we all laughed together.

"Thanks for watching her Cam. And... thank you for doing what you did back there as well. We thought we'd never be able to get out of that whole thing with the Kings. This is why I never liked you dating that girl. I can't believe her and Carter of all people would do that to you! I mean he was your best friend, I never expected that from him and-"

"Mom, mom, it's okay. It's all okay. You're welcome for Camille and everything else. I wouldn't have done it any other way."

She smiled that motherly smile before saying, "You know who I do like? That Annabel girl. She helped you through all of this, didn't she? You guys would be cute together..."

I rolled my eyes and she laughed at my expense.

"We're only friends, mom." She raised an eyebrow at me knowingly.