~29~ Now or Never Boo

Annabel POV
~Edited~

Walking up to my locker Wednesday morning I noticed there were more girls around it today then there was yesterday. 

As I slowly walked up to my locker the girls stopped talking and instead started whispering, all staring at me. 

"What do you think it's gonna be today?"

"She's here, omg I'm so excited."

"She's so lucky Cameron does all this for her, it's so cute."

"Has he even talked to her in the past few days? Are we sure it's him putting these in her locker."

"A bunch of girls said they saw Billy putting that stuff in her locker!"

"The one who picks his nose?"

"Yeah! Nasty right?"

I tried to ignore the girls whispering about me and opened my locker to see what was in store for today.

DAY 3: YOUR PLAYFULNESS

Inside was what felt like a mixture of day one and day two. There were pictures of him and I messing around. Some were in the library when we were sneaking out and trying not to be caught. Some were from our face-time calls and some were from a few times when we hung out. What amazed me was that all these photos were completely different from the ones from yesterday. They weren't only of me smiling, they were of me laughing and joking around, dancing, and just having fun. There were also notes on the back of each photo that described every single one of these moments in precise detail. All of the photos had a story to go along with them.

I heard the whole group of girls say "Aww" from behind me when they caught a glimpse of what was in the locker. Eventually, I told them all that I wanted them to leave in the nicest way I possibly could.

By 'the nicest way' do you mean telling them all that you didn't want them around you and that they should scram?

Precisely. 

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Wednesday went on just like Tuesday and Monday, Cameron didn't talk to me at all and as much as I understand why it was killing me to not just admit to him that I'm willing to give him a chance. That I'm willing to give us a chance. 

Thursday's locker surprise —yes, that's what I'm calling them now— made me ugly cry in the middle of the hallway and all the girls crowded around my locker left as soon as they saw the mist of tears cloud over my eyes.

DAY 4: HOW MUCH YOU CARE

He had written down all of the times I had helped him and showed him how much I cared about him on different pieces of paper and put them in my locker. There were a few of our chat screenshots where he described how he felt and it was honestly the sweetest thing ever. He also wrote on a piece of paper how much it meant and means to him that I cared about his, as he put it, "extraneous problems".

The fact that he took all this time to do this for me, the fact that he wrote, not typed up, sat down and wrote all those letters, shows me that he cares about me more than Tony ever did and more than any of the other guys I have dated since Tony did.

If anyone could help me get rid of Tony, it was Cameron, I believe that now.

Now it's Friday and I'm walking to my locker as slowly as possible. I want to see Cameron and tell him I... well maybe not tell him I love him yet, but tell him I want to be with him. I'm not sure if we're ready to say I love you yet. Honestly... I'm not sure if he's ready to say I love you and I don't want to say it and he doesn't reciprocate my feelings.

Anyway, I'm walking slowly because I don't know if I want this to end. Of course I want to see him and be with him, —it's only been a week and it feels like it's been months— but these past few days have made me feel so special. Who's to say that he's going to keep doing things like that when we start dating? I don't think I've ever felt this way about anyone and I don't want to find out after that he's one of those guys that do everything to win your heart, but once you're together there's nothing there.

He doesn't seem like that guy, especially with the way he was with Elizabeth, but anything can happen. I just don't want a repeat of my past boyfriends...

It's definitely awful what Tony did to all of them, but they all were pretty mediocre boyfriends, and I just don't want to have to go through that with Cameron.

I sighed as I finally made my way to my locker.

It's now or never boo. 

Now or never.

[A/N: Trying something new by switching POV in the middle of the chapter :)Let me know what you think.]

Cameron POV

After driving Camille to school my hands got extremely clammy, and I made my way to school for the second time today.

Every day this week I've been waking up extremely early and getting ready for school. I've been getting to school about half an hour before school starts, —which is when the school usually holds tutoring— and putting Anna's daily locker... surprises?... I guess, into her locker for her to see when she gets to school. I've been working on them every night after I finish any work I need to get done. Thankfully, I haven't lost any sleep. Having only one friend hits you hard when you don't talk to her for a week.

Aaron and I have been texting consistently though, letting me know how she's doing. I was relieved that she stopped moping around after I told her what I was doing and why I was doing it. Aaron's been helping me with some of the surprises. I came up with all the ideas, but he helped me organize it and figure out how to execute my plan. It was really helpful, otherwise, I would've been lost.

Today is the day. The last surprise. The day when we finally talk. The day when I finally get to see if my efforts have all been for nothing.

I'm kind of scared for what I put in her locker today. I was apprehensive, but Aaron told me it was perfect and that I should do it. It's not like I regret it, it's just that I'm not sure how she'll react. I'm not sure if it's the best idea.

There's no going back now, I'll just have to wait and see.

But what if-

Nope.

She could-

I don't care.

You should.

But I don't.

I slowly made my way from my car to the cafeteria. She wouldn't be arriving for a few minutes, I asked Aaron to let me know when he dropped her off.

"Hi! Don't mean to intrude on your... lonely eating fest... but could you please confirm or deny if you're the one who is putting those things in Anna's locker?"

This has been happening a lot. Random people coming up to me and asking me this same question over and ever. I'm not sure why... No one cared when Elizabeth and I were dating so why's everyone so invested now? I've been avoiding the question all week, but now I have a question of my own.

"Why do you guys even care?"

She looked taken aback by my question, like she didn't even expect me to reply to her.

"Well... I just mean... it's news. The school's Golden Boy all of a sudden gets really close with a girl who transferred from a... well let's just say that her school isn't anything like ours, so everyone is just wondering."

My phone lit up with a text from Aaron.

She's walking into the school... good luck C. ~AA
7:10

The girl saw it too and screamed so loud it's a wonder I'm not deaf.

"So you are the one putting the stuff in her locker! I knew it! I knew it wasn't Billy!"

"The kid who picks his nose and eats it?" I asked with a disgusted face.

"Exactly! I can't believe everyone thought it was him! Alyssa is going to have to be nicer to me after I tell her this!"

"Well... now you know." I took the last bite out of my breakfast, winked at her, and walked out of the cafeteria.

I made my way to the hallway Anna's locker was in just as she was opening it. When she read everything inside her lips parted in shock and she started looking for someone, I assume it was me, but unfortunately for her, she wouldn't see me until after school today. 

She'll find out why soon enough. 

A/N
Hey guys!

This was a fun chapter! 

Did you guys enjoy the POV switch I did? Should I try it again? 

What do you think Cameron put in her locker today? 

We're getting close to the end of this book guys :( only about 6-10 more chapter left. 

Sorry I haven't posted in a few days, I was kind of just chilling this whole week and forgot about everything. 

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! If you did please comment and vote it would mean the absolute world :) 

Guys thank you so much for 769 reads (ahaha) I'm so happy! 1k is my goal right now do you think we could get there? Thanks so much again! 

Bye loves~
Syd.