~14~ Party Size Oreos

Annabel POV
~Edited~

After we turned off the speaker and left the parking lot Cameron drove me home in silence.

Deafening silence.

When I got out of the car I said bye to him but he just nodded his head at me.

I tried to text him later but that didn't work either.

Are you okay? ~ A
7:01

Yep, fine. ~C
7:05

And that was that.

He didn't talk to me all weekend.

I tried to text him but he would always have short replies or none at all. I knew he was hurting but did he have to shut me out like this?

On Monday morning I texted him asking him if he was still picking me up and he answered with a simple "yep." and the conversation was done.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

He drove us to school and there was still this deafening silence.

We got to school, got things from our lockers, and he walked me to class but he still said nothing.

When lunchtime came I couldn't take it anymore and I had to say something to get him to open up.

"Hey, Cameron? I know you're trying to cope and everything but remember how I said I don't think I'd be able to handle you sad? Yeah, well I'm telling you right now that I was right."

After a short pause he laughed, surprisingly.

I mean, of course he laughed, I'm hilarious but... I was expecting it to take more than that.

With a spark in his eyes that wasn't there before he said, "Do you wanna come over today after school?", and took a big bite out of his sandwich.

Well, that's not what I was expecting.

"You want me to... come to your house? And do what?"

"Calm down BG." He said with a smirk. "You said we were friends yesterday right? Well friends hang out and... I like hanging out with you so we should hang out. Today. After school."

"Actually what I said was that I cared about you, not that we were friends-"

"Same difference." Cameron cut me off with a smirk before taking another big bite out of his lunch.

"Not the same actually but... I'll come over. Not because we're friends but because you seem like you've been sad and you need a good laugh, and since I'm obviously the funniest person you know I'm the best person for the job."

Cameron gave me his signature smile that always seemed to reach his eyes and winked before saying, "You know it."

I rolled my eyes.

"You seriously aren't as hot as you think you are."

He merely shook his head, smirked, and finished his lunch.

Of course he's probably twice as hot as he thinks he is, but I would never tell him that.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Since Cameron drove me to school every day how we got to his house wasn't a problem.

What was weird for me though, is how fast his mood changed the minute I made an effort to cheer him up. After lunch he was his normal self. He was cracking jokes, being annoying and full of himself without being too cocky. Just being... Cameron. I want to know why and how his mood changed so fast and what was going on with him.