|~1~|

There will be ALOT of real-life people in this story (trust me, I have a word document for it) but the only thing that will match up is just their looks because this is an UNREALISTIC fanfiction. So, if you don't like that, then don't keep reading. Cool? Then let's go ahead and meet Lydia. (about to be tons of pics, I can't be bothered to describe her haha  I'm an okay writer, I promise.)

Check out my Discord for questions/chat

This story is also old now so the grammar isn't good

This story is also old now so the grammar isn't good. Please don't use this particular book as a reference for how to write, my newer ones are much better and may be able to help.

Lydia Drake
An entire week! I've been here in LA for a week and I haven't even spoken to Tara yet. She been my best friend since I could remember. Though that's not exactly true. We met before I was even thinking of moving to LA and then my little career started to kick off slightly. By that, I mean I got a couple of gigs, got excited, and now I'm in LA. She was supportive and told me that we have to hang out soon. We've been friends for years and it's easy to miss her.

Recently though, I have been hearing a lot about this one guy, Jake Webber. She's only told me his name, a little of what he looks like, and that she's practically head over heels for him. There's something 'shady' going on between him and his friends but nothing that she's worrying about. I wish she would. I'm not a tall girl myself and I'm not a big one either but Tara is even smaller than me and slimmer. She won't have a chance no matter how much attitude she uses.

I tap on my steering wheel as I hum along to the song playing through the radio. It's basically my dream to one day be on the radio, for people to actually know my name even. But that's far away still. After all, I'm only twenty one. I have plenty of time.

My little jam session is cut off by the loud ringing of my phone through the car's speakers. I can't help it when I groan. No one likes for their music to be shut off.

"Hello?" I ask when I click a button behind the wheel that answers the call. There's a few seconds of silence while the signal tries to pick up. This area isn't very powerful honestly.

"Hey! Where you at?" Tara's cheerful little voice catches me off guard but doesn't stop me from smiling to myself.

"Hey, I just finished a gig and I'm heading home. What's up?"

"Nothing much." She paused as if she's hesitating about something. "What do you say we finally hang out? Since you've been here for a week already?"

"Sounds great, of course! Just let me know when and where." I glance at the time on the little clock and see that it's getting to midnight already.

"As soon as you can and I'll send you the address?"

"Great."

"See you." She doesn't give me a chance to answer her as I hear that familiar beeping indicating that she's hung up. My music fades quickly back in and I return to having a little jam in my car while I wait to be told where to go to see my best friend finally.

It doesn't take long for a message to make the music quieten then return to almost full blast. I pull onto the side of the road and pull my phone out, seeing the message from her. It's an address, as she said, but I have no idea where it is so I put it into maps, regretfully turn off my music altogether, and begin to drive the car whichever way it tells me.

I'm not sure where I'm going or what I'm getting myself into. The address definitely isn't Tara's, because I already know where she lives, but because she's the one who has given me the address, I trust her. She's one hell of a protective girl, especially over me for some reason, so I know I don't have a reason to be worried.

But still, this nighttime air has me on edge and I don't particularly like the idea of the unknown.