Chapter 20: Boss Bitch

Mercedes

As I woke up I stood in front of the bathroom mirror. My eyes were swollen from all the crying and my face was red. I ran myself a hot bath and brushed my teeth.

As I was about to climb into the bath tub, my room's door went open. "Sorry I didn't want to wake you" Cathy said as she entered the room. Her eyebrows turned up as she made a sad face. "Aw Mercedes. Are you okay? Come here" she said opening her arms. I collapsed into her arms. I didn't even bother rejecting the hug because truth is I needed it a lot.

And there I was giving his wife hugs. It felt horrible to look into Cathy's face and lie like this. I wish there was a way to reverse all of this. Or a way to tell her without causing drama. Or maybe it would have been much better if I never met James and Cathy, then all of hs would just be happy. But everything Mercedes touches becomes fucked up.

"I've got a friend over. Maybe you can come join us" she says and I'm sceptical of going. "James is out, it's just us girls and we're watching Fifty Shades" she said with excitement. "Fine" I said looking away with a smile. "Yay" Cathy said waving her hands as she walked away. For the first time I thought it was cute. I wasn't annoyed by her, actually I felt very welcomed and loved.

The thought of not having to face James is calming. The last thing I need is a fight with him. I wonder we're he could be. He hardly ever leaves the house without me. My head starts aching as I think of him.

The headache just get worse and worse. Before I go downstairs I pop two painkillers into my mouth and swallow it down with some fever medication. I scrunch up my face at the horrible taste. As I walk down the stairs, I notice who Cathy's 'friend' is. Short brown hair, tall and slim, but today she's dressed in a grey cropped top and mom jeans.

Before Cathy helps me down the stairs our eyes meet and I sense the same anger that's boiling up in me boil in her. Her mouth turns up in a smirk as she curiously looks around putting the pieces together.

James

"Hit me with another one" I said sliding my glass to the bartender. I keep looking at the door hoping to see that fat fuck walk through it. I've been waiting for him to show up for the last twenty minutes.

I keep tapping my leg in anger r and anticipation. This shit is driving me crazy. I just want to know what the fuck is going on.

"Hey man" Franklin said putting his hot sweaty hand around my neck. "It's about fucking time you twat" I said as he ordered a drink. "I know man but the lady kept me busy a bit longer" he said giving a wink then started laughing. I looked away in disgust and took a sip of my drink.

"So what's up man" he said taking a sip of his beer. "You" I said under my breath. "What, I can't hear you. You've got to speak up mate" he said leaning in closer.

"What the fuck did you say to Mercedes the other day" I say looking him in the eye. "Not much. Just how beautiful she was. She is quite a beauty" he replied licking his lips.
"Bullshit" I said putting my glass down with force. "Well then what the fuck do you want me to say." he said lifting his hands up. "Tell me the truth you fucking tard." I said grabbing his shirt. "Hey mate can we please not do this right now" he said looking at the people's stunned reactions.

"What the fuck did you say to her, Franklin" I said. I felt the blood boiling in my body as he told me everything. I clenched my jaw as my hand made a fist. "I didn't mean to upset her. I was just trying to protect you man. These good for nothing girls are always trying to steal our money. They're needy wh.." before he can finish his sentence my fist has collided with his jaw. "What the fuck" he said as the people stood up gasping. He grabbed my shirt as he pushed me against the wall.

"Who the fuck do you think you are Franklin" I said as I punched his nose. As he fell to the floor I got on too of him. Not even trying to hold back my anger, I kept pushing him. Jaw, face, jaw. Face jaw. His nose filled with blood as I punched him. "Hey. Get off of him" two bouncers shouted as they rushed through the crowd of people. As the lifted me up I kicked him in the ribs. Hard.

The bouncers threw me out then shut the door behind me. I punched the wall as I shouted. Tears ran down my face. How the fuck could I be so fucking stupid. I walked to my car as I pulled out a cigarette from my pocket. Then I saw Franklin's Beemer just a few spots away. I sat in my car as I watched the paramedics push his fat ass out of the club.

Then someone knocked on my window. Then I saw a blonde girl with  boobs and ass wearing a short red dress looking at me with a smile. "Hey sweetheart" she said and I recognized her voice. I unlocked the car doors letting her in. Kelly. The school whore from Texas. Her dream was to become a horse rider one day but everyone in high school knew a horse wasn't the only thing she was good at riding.

"Miss me" she said sitting in the chair. "No" I said resting my head on the chair. "Well I guess wifey is treating you well" she said laughing. I looked her in the eyes and she stopped smiling. "Well somebody's in a shut mood. Let me cheer you up" she said leaning forward. "No" I said before she could reach me. "You thought I was going to kiss you." she said bursting out in laughter.

"James, we're both grown enough to know that one night stands are pointless and we both have our shit together. We're in healthy and happy relationships why would we want to ruin it all" she said looking through the wind shield. "Yea, why" I said thinking of how I have ruined the best relationship of my life.

"I was going to invite you over to my apartment. Just two blocks away. You can spend the night if you want to" she said.