Chapter 34: Lay In Your Grave

Mercedes

"I see why I never host parties" Rebecca says with a sigh after shouting at nearly the sixth butler. "It's quite stressful" I say with a chuckle and she playfully rolls her eyes. "Oh my goodness. I'll be right back" she says before storming toward the kitchen where a group of then stand.

"So you two are besties now" James' voice said coming from behind me. "I wouldn't say besties" I say over my shoulder. We both let out some weak laughs then he sits in front of me. "Where's Matthew" he asks with a smirk. "He's with McKenzie" I say and he smiles. He looks into my eyes then licks his lips before looking serious. "Do you love him" he asks looking into my eyes.

I think about it before I realize. What he's trying to do. "James j don't have time for this" I say standing up to walk away when he grabs my hand gently asking me to sit down. "You're not going to confuse me into thinking he's a waste of time" I say folding my arms. "Besides the fact that I think he absolutely is. I'm respecting your choice and your relationship. If he's what you want then by all means gk ahead." he say to my surprise.

"I was not expecting that. Thank you" I say although I wasn't convinced. James would never get over me and that made him mine. McKenzie taps his glass to grab our attention. "Good evening everybody. I hope y'all are having a good time" he says as he starts to give his little speech. I zone out as I look at James' hands and feet that can't seem to stand still. He's nervous, why. I ask myself.

I'm snapped out of my day dream by James standing up to go stand infrint of the crowd. As he starts speaking Rebecca stands next to he. "These nine moths have been tuff. We were really challenged to act as perants and take full responsibility. I made it through luckily" he says and the crowd bursts out in laughter.

"But one thing I've learned during this time is not to take anything for granted. I would have never been able to be who I am without my one and only wife. Cathy come here" he says and I feel a sting if disappointment. I was hoping that after everything he'd give me some recognition. As he spoke I looked at his hot mouth and the sound was blocked out. As I looked at him kissing her, my heart tore to pieces. I stood up from my seat to go to the bathroom.

As I looked into the bathroom mirror, tears started falling down my cheeks. James was officially over me and it broke me. As bad as it sounds, but I hated seeing him happy if it isn't me. Rebecca walks into the bathroom then stands against the wall. "You're pathetic" she says and I turn to her in confusion. I thought I had finally warned up to her.

"You thought James was gonna go up there and speak about how good your pussy is" she says and I nearly choke on my breath. "I thought I made myself clear" I say but she interrupts me. "This not an assumption Mercedes" she says throwing an envelope of pictures to fill the sink in front of me. "Yes that was me" she says as she smiles.

"Take her" she says and I see Franklin's big body behind me. "You two work together" I ask as he approaches me. He gives a grin before reaching for me. "I run across the room to the door that is now locked." Rebecca let me go" I say as I try to shout for help. "Are you done" she says with her arms folded as she looks at me after screaming.

"You're fucking crazy" I say as I grab her by her hair. She shouts for Franklin as I pin her to the ground giving her some punches and slaps. "Inject her" she says and he comes into view. "Hold still" he says and I try to resist. As I scream for help he puts the needle in my skin. My vision slowly get blurry as drowsiness takes over my body. "Put her in the basement. This should keep her down for the night. We leave early tommorow" I hear her saying as I'm unable to move. Her heels click all the way to the door the fades away.

James

As Cathy and I are about to leave the party I look for Mercedes. "Hey man. Do you know where Merc is" I as that peace of shit Matthew. "Sorry man. But I haven't" he says going back into the conversation he was having. "Didn't you drive her here" i says picking him up by his shirt.

"Relax dude. I've been with Kenzie all night" he says before grabbing my shirt too. "Oh you're tuff huh?" I say with a smirks before looking back at him. As he is about to say something I I give him a headbud. "Make sure she comes home. Safe" I say before throwing him back on his seat.

As I walk out everybody is looking at us.