Chapter 33: The Last Night

James

As I struggle to fold my fucking tie Cathy comes walking out of the bathroom. Her mouth turns up into a smile when she notices. "You look handsome" she says as she finishes with my tie. "Thank you baby" I say kissing her forehead.

"New cologne" she ask turning her head as she gives me a hug. "And a shirt" she says felling the hard collar. "Tonight is more special than you think" I say and she folds her arms with a smirk. "What's happening tonight" she asks putting her hands on my chest. "Wait and see" I say as I start planting kisses on her neck.

As she turns around I put up the zip on her dress. We look at each other in the mirror and she leans into my arms. "I love you Ms. Jacobs" I say looking at her. "Me too" she says and I turn her to look at me. "Don't say it like you're just agreeing with what I'm saying" I say and she walks back into the bathroom. "But I am agreeing with what you said. I do love you." she says and I roll my eyes.

As I open up the notification on my phone it's from the driver. I rented a car and a driver for tonight. Just to make Cathy feel more special. "Baby, the car will be her in seven minutes can you please make it snappy." I say as she starts panicking. "Calm down, just be fast" I say and she looks at me as if I've lost my mind. "How can I be fast and calm at the same time" she says as I leave the room

As I knock on Mercedes' room door she steps out dressed in a flowing red jumpsuit with a low cut. With her little white birkin and a pair of Louboutin heels. "Yes?" she says as she meets me in the hallway. "Uh, the. The car. It's going to arrive shortly" I say as I looked at her beautiful body. Not a lot of women can be only days away from labor and still look this good.

"Don't worry about it. Matthew's picking me up" she says pissing me off. "Who the fuck invited Matthew" I say in a slightly annoyed tone. "I did James. I don't want to be your fucking third wheel", she mumbled thinking I couldn't hear her. Then I realized I had upset her. I had to make peace with their relationship sooner or later. She isn't going to be my surrogate forever.

"Okay. I'm sorry" I say and she starts typing on her phone. "He's here but we kinda have to follow you guys to the party, so I'll wait in the driveway" she says and walks downstairs. As she walks down the stair I look ar her. Admiring how her long blonde hair flows and her ass bounces. "Ok I'm ready" Cathy says as she walks out of her room in her maroon dress.

Mercedes

"You look so beautiful tonight" Matthew says as he gives me a kiss on the cheek. "Thank you" I say leaning back in my chair. "Look I know business parties can be a little overwhelming, so I got you some pocket sized snacks" he says pulling out packs of candy and chips. "Omg you're so cute" I say as I burst I'm laughter.

As I put everything in my bag James and Cathy walk out of the house. James gives a wave from a far but Cathy starts walking toward the car. "Hi, Matthew right" she says as she shakes Matthew's hand. "Yes Catherine" he says surprising us all. "Have we met?" she asks in polite comfusion. "My sister went to college with you. Milán" he says and her face slightly drops. "Small world, huh. See you two at the party" she says politely and walks to their car.

James nods before walking behind Cathy. "You never mentioned you had a sister. Or that you knew them" I say gesturing to Cathy and James in their black car in front of us. "I didn't think you'd find interest in listening to my boring family stories" he says kissing my hand. "Matthew, of course I do." I say squeezing his hand tighter.

Matthew helps me out of the car after we pull up in front of yet another mansion. As we walk into the house we're greeted by trays of drinks and snacks. The music plays softly in the background behind the sound of talking people. As I hold Matthew's hand Rebecca comes out of nowhere. "Hey, I'm so glad you could make it" she says with her fake smile as she hugs Cathy. McKenzie shakes James' hand as they talk in their deep voices.

As Rebecca is about to give me a hug she looks at our joined hands. "So you're the lucky guy. Rebecca nice to meet you" she says giving Matthew a hug. "Matthew" he says in a neutral tone before McKenzie talks to him. "Hey man. It's been a while, where have you been hiding" McKenzie says and they immediately jump into conversation.