Chapter 40: Truth Hurts

Cathy

"Rebecca McKenzie" I say to the lady at the front desk as she ask me who I'm here to see. "This way" she says as she leads me through the hallways. We walk past many different rooms before we stop in front of Rebecca's room. The lady presses a button to open the door. As I walk into the room Rebecca is sitting on her bed. "My dear friend Cathy" she says as she sees me. The lady cuffs her to her bed before leaving the room. I watch as she stands just outside the room before I turn back to Rebecca. "I bet you're happy seeing me in here Cath." she says as I look at her. "Not at all" I say genuinely. "McKenzie was here this morning. Turns out I'm getting a divorce" she say and my heart drops for her. "Rebecca why did you do it" I say softly. She gives a laugh then looks at me. "Because I wanted you to feel the pain I felt my whole life" she says. "Rebecca why didn't you just tell me" I say and she looks at me in disgust. "Fuck you Cathy." she says.

"You ruined my whole life. I have nothing anymore don't you see. Just like you always do you took what's mine" she says as she starts crying. "You can not possibly blame this on me. You nearly killed my baby" I say and she shakes her head. "Franklin is in jail and I might be joining him soon. You still have might not have a child but at least you have a husband to got back to" she says with a smirk. "Tell him I say hi. He's really hot. Especially when he has his balls buried inside Mercedes' vagina. On. Your. Fucking. Kitchen counter" she says with a smirk. She starts laughing as she sees how surprised I am. "Fuck you" I say as I get angry. She starts laughing as I walk out of the room. 

I rush down the hallway as my vision starts to get blurred by my tears. As I climb into my car the tears start rolling down my cheeks. I've been suspecting this for months but when Mercedes started opening up to me, I thought I was being irrational. And somehow after this whole confirmation a part of me still could not believe it. James has cheated on me before but to do it right under my nose, in my house. Does he really have such little respect for me?

I drive extremely fast as I rush to the hospital. I walk past McKenzie in the hallway as I throw myself into the room. As I'm about to go off on James I find him hugging Mercedes. As Mercedes plays with the baby's feet she holds him in her arms. James gives her a kiss on the forehead as they laugh and smile. I stand still in surprise.

Mercedes

As James takes his hand through my hair I look up. He kisses my neck as I close my eyes. As take my head back down I jump up in surprise as I see Cathy standing at the door. "Don't stop on my account" she says with anger written all over her face. "Cath" James says softly as he moves closer. "Get out of my fucking way you piece of shit" she screams as she moves toward me. I place the baby on his bed as I try to stand in front of it. "Oh so you're protecting your little side bitch" she screams as she tries to move past James. I press the emergency button as I try to calm the baby down. 

"Cathy please, you're traumatizing the baby" I shout as she keeps punching James. "You fucking home wrecking bitch. I'm going to kill her with my bare hands" she shouts as McKenzie and James try to hold her back. She bumps the little table over making the glass jug of water brake. She picks up one of the pieces of glass and starts waving it in James' face. "I will stab the fuck out of all of you. I said move!" she says as she throws one of the glasses. "Cathy" James,  McKenzie and I shout as the glass flies across the room. I place my body over the baby as it shatters against the wall. 

She screams and cries louder as the nurses and security come into the room. "I want my baby" she cries as they hold her against the wall. "Ma'am I need you to calm down" the security officer says as Cathy shouts. "Don't tell me to calm the fuck down, I want my baby" she shouts. I feel my own cheeks get wet as they carry her away. James follow them as they take her out of the room. Two of the nurses stay in the room. One carries James as she tried to calm him down and the other start pushing his bed out of the room.

"It's okay" McKenzie says as I cry on his shoulder. I knew this day was coming but I didn't expect it to be so soon. He rubs my back as I sob. I feel like shit. How could I do this. And now all the blame is going to be put on poor Cathy for her behavior. "Am I bad person?" I ask as I look up to him. "Making bad decisions doesn't make you a bad person" he says looking me in the eye.