UNCOUTHLY ATTACHED: 25

New, AIIMS Campus, Ansari Nagar East, New Delhi India.
2013.

Falak laughed so hard, clutching her stomach for emphasis. She is sitting in her dorm, trying to read for her exams when her friend, Nevedita walked in telling her how much she embarrassed herself in front of her crush after he asked her out, it was totally cliché and hilarious, she was in great merriment.

So when he asked her on the date just a few minutes ago outside their hostel, she freaked out and ran straight to the lobby where she bumped into another man, she hastily apologized and then she ran back to Falak's dorm where she is telling her what just happened between her and Amrit, the crush and the most handsome man Falak has ever seen in her whole life, not even the princes could compare.

"What should I do? I don't even have his number, it was so embarrassing. Can I even look at him?" The short brunette threw the questions at a still laughing Falak looking confused, muddled, distressed and pained.

Nevedita is the first friend Falak made in the hostel the week she arrived. Nevedita has long dark hair that reached her waist and Falak envied that so much, all the girls in India seems like they don't like the long hair they have when back in Nigeria people are looking at her lower back length hair as if she came from another universe.

Nevedita was very kind and showed Falak everything there is that she needs to know but she was disappointed when she told her that she is specializing in Cardiology which made her remember a certain Cardiologist. They clicked together, though Nevedita is more quite and mature and that is because she is older than Falak with a year.

"You can ask someone for his number and then call him, apologize and accept his postulation" Falak answered, looking into her friend's big brown eyes that lit up with excitement after her reply.

"That's what I'm going to do, thank you so much. I'll just be in my room, I'll tell you what happens after this." And she ran out probably to hers to do what Falak advised her to.

Falak sighed and dropped her book back on her bed, looking around her room for the last ten months. The twin bed has a comfortable mattress and colourful bedsheets, a wardrobe is pushed to the side and her two suitcases by the side of it. There is also a desk where she has huge textbooks and notes with a tall lamp that helps her study at night when she doesn't want to on the lights in the room.

Her rows of shoes sat by the door, mostly slippers and boots because winter in India is no where near the one back in Nigeria, it is icy. Her mother sent a lot of cardigans for her which she finds funny, she could just buy some here herself or they ask Samir to buy it for her like they usually do.

Samir is another cousin of theirs that lives in India and is also a professor in her school. She crushed on him the first time she saw him at the airport but it vanished when he told her that he is married with a son. He is taller than Shaddad and has lighter colour tone than Shaddad's, his beard trimmed which Shaddad lacks because he shaves it. All in all, he is handsomer than her Shaddad.

His wife, Jawahir is a Pakistani, very beautiful and kind which caused everything to be hard on Falak. She was disappointed in herself that she crushed on the woman's husband because of how nice she is to her. She asked her to visit whenever she feels like eating something homemade. She once lived in Nigeria after marrying Samir and that is why she knew how to cook Nigerian food.

Their son, Mahir is the sweetest child she's ever met. He is cute and likes calling her da-da. When she first visited, he couldn't stop calling her da-da because he can't talk and now that he can, he still won't stop calling her that and she doesn't mind. He takes away all the stress that she feels after writing an exam and is looking forward to seeing him after finishing her exams.