UNCOUTHLY ATTACHED: 40.

Kano State, Nigeria.
2018.

Falak sighed because she doesn't know how to tell Bilal that Shaddad wants to see them both and if she says that, it will start another argument. He will definitely find out that she saved Shaddad's number with that red heart and will see just how much she still likes him but then again, she saved the rest of her brother's name with red hearts then their initials.

"B, my brother wants to see us together in his office right now. Shall we?" She asked, nervously shifting from one feet to the other but he didn't notice her nervousness and agitation, he only spared a dazzling smile and agreed that they should go.

She calls him B because she doesn't feel like saying baby or boo or anything related to those stupid cliché nicknames girlfriends give their boyfriends or in her case, fiancée so she settled with B because that is the first letter of his name but he thought she was using another thing, it's good though. She prays to get comfortable enough to call him Baby after they get married, she only find it too cliché, everyone calls their partners Baby and she hates being anyone.

Leading the way, Falak walked to the elevator and prayed that they won't be alone in there. One thing she hates about the single elevator, she doesn't like being alone with any man if not for her step brothers or the King. She is afraid that all other men are perverts and would like it if the hospital will produce two elevators for male and female, that will be more convenient for everyone and married women especially.

Upon arriving at the Cardiological Ward, her apprehensiveness is just escalating, she could feel that something dreadful and unpleasant is going to happen. Shaddad will never call her and ask her to visit his office just like that. He hardly ever approve of her going to his office and now he wants to have another person in their sacred place? Something is definitely out of place around the hospital, the air is denser and glutinous.

When she saw Nawar anxiously sitting by her table with other nurses looking equally nervous, she knew that she is in a deep shit bit still don't get what she's done that he will request or more like demand she get there with her fiancée. She gulped and smiled at Nawar who mouthed their code word when Shaddad is in bad mood 'Danger' and her feet almost gave out. This time around, she is the one in danger not any other person.

Nawar told Falak that she doesn't know when Shaddad is mad or happy because he is always like he is. Falak sat her down and explain all the signs she get to see when Shaddad is mad so that they can save themselves from his wrath which never happens. She just likes being cautious, she wouldn't like seeing an angry Shaddad and so she bites her tongue whenever he is in a bad mood. Today is another day!

"Come in!" And she moved the doorknob, stepping inside before Bilal followed.

"Good afternoon, sir. You asked for me and my fiancée?" She bite her tongue tightly because she is about to start rambling her thoughts which won't help her case at all.

"Yes, have a sit." He gestured to the chairs facing him as he trained his attention back to the intercom and gave it a tap, letting the thing blink red before it turned green.

Falak's brows furrowed yet again because she doesn't understand what is going on and she can't even see anything in his eyes, they are blank. She is too eager to find out what is going on in that Statue's head and she started unconsciously hitting the table with her well manicured nails that is covered with maroon red henna which almost distracted Shaddad from his mission.

Shortly after, a knock came from the door and Falak's fingers stopped moving along with the knock and so Shaddad asked them to come in.

Falak recognised the woman dressed in ankara and her children right by her sides. The girl that looks around the age of four is dressed in cute Cinderella blue dress with matching loafers while the boy Falak once treated looks healthy now except for the scar on his forehead and he is featuring black jeans and brown button up shirt. They look like one happy family but Falak don't understand what they are doing there in Shaddad's office.