Chapter 48- spring ghost- part 5

As they left, the old man at the desk spoke up, "You're the cultivators?" His voice was weak.

"Yes sir! What's the best way to town?" Wei wuxian asked him.

Jiang Cheng only sighed, 'He's using that voice he uses with his children.'

Wei wuxian realized the old man's reaction and apologized, "Sorry! I have small children."

"Oh no! It's fine! You go right at the fork. I can watch after the children for you. I have grandchildren they can play with." The old man told him.

Wei Wuxian smiled, "sure! Thanks!" He said as he waved him goodbye.

When they were out of the old man's view Jiang Cheng scolded him, "You speak to child like to your kids."

"I let it slip! Geez! I have a 6 month old!" Wei wuxian fought with his brother like usual.

Meanwhile Lan Xichen tried not to get angry, "Could you not be so loud in the morning?! Be courteous to your surroundings."

They arrived to the town 10 minutes later, Wei wuxian looked at an old wanted poster of him that was being sold as merchandise, "Sigh! I don't look like this. Lan Zhan! Look! Pfft!"

Jiang Cheng laughed out loud, "They really had a twisted view of you!" He jabbed him in the ribs.

"Shut up!" Wei wuxian jabbed back.

The merchant listened in on their conversation, "The yiling patriarch!" He looked frightened.

"What? You have something against me?" Wei wuxian said arrogantly.

The merchant shook his head, "Why have you come here?"

Meanwhile Lan Xian who had followed them at a distance was watching the situation.

She couldn't take it anymore and hugged Wei wuxian, "Lan Xian? What are you doing here?" He scolded her.

"Dad, I'm sorry! I was worried you were going to get hurt." She squeezed tighter around his slim waist.

"We're here about a ghost. What? Why is everyone staring?" He was confused.

"So the news was right after all. You have 4 children is that correct? All by surrogate?" A woman asked.

Wei wuxian nodded, "Old man, we're here to learn information about a ghost who is wrecking havoc on this town."

"I'll tell you in more detail when I get off. That will be 6 hours from now." The merchant said.

Wei wuxian nodded, "Fine with us. See you then!"

As soon as they arrived to the inn Lan Xian got scolded more, "What if they had put us in danger. This is why we decided not to let you guys come until we know I have trust."

Lan Xian ran towards Lan wangji and hugged him, "I was only wanting to protect you!" She yelled with tears streaming down her cheeks.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you cry. Just don't do it again." He said to her as he wiped her tears.

Lan Xian nodded, "I promise!" She ran off to play with her siblings.

"So you're strict with her at least!" Jiang Cheng smiled.

"I have to, or she won't learn anything." Wei wuxian smiled back.

(Surprise! I updated early. Hope you enjoyed!)