Chapter 36

"Don't tell me the machine isn't working!"

"Ma'am, I'm sorry but it isn't working", the cashier said.

What the hell! Why do I always have to face this situation?

"And you're going to tell me that there's no Patym, Google pay?"

He just shook his head.

Situations like these I felt like removing my scarf and taking advantage of the fame I have. But I felt as if it was bad. Just because I'm famous couldn't mean that I take advantage. I know they willingly wouldn't accept it but it just felt unfair to me.

I groaned and felt like slamming my head against the wall. Just then an all to familiar arm found its way around my waist and before I could slap the source, I heard the voice.

"Well, then I'll pay for her", the voice said. I stared at the guy. He was not distant anymore. He was close. He stared at me as he handed the cash to the cashier.

"You're always stuck in this situation", he whispered in my ear. I let out a shaky breath as he tightened his hold around me and held me against his chest.

"Sir, your change!"

"Keep it and get a new machine rather than keeping on that doesn't work", he said before walking out with me still in his hold. As we came out, he pushed me gently against his car and leaned forward to untuck the scarf. His whole body warmth surrounded me, contrasting the cool weather.

It seemed filmy as the scarf fell down around my neck and a few strands of hair tucked out from my pony and swayed with the cool wintery wind. He tucked them behind my ear and let his hand linger there as he stared at me.

"Next time, ask them if that good for nothing machine is working or not", he said, before he moved away from me, leaving me cold.

"Get inside the car", he said as he gestured for me to sit. Silently, I got inside the car.

"You said you would come late", I said softly, as I stared at him. His expression softened as he looked at me before starting the car.

"Well... I didn't know my meeting would get over so soon", he said, I just hmmed.

"What an amazing day it's been today, I didn't expect my meeting to go so fast, finally I'll get to sleep", he said with a smile and I just let out a fake smile.

"Oh", I said and that was it, we didn't speak at all after that. I controlled the tears that threatened to escape as I stared outside the window.

I expected him to remember. But, that's the thing right! Only our expectations can hurt us. I shouldn't have expected him to remember.

"Anvi! Babe!", He said as he moved his hand.

"Huh!"

"I was talking to you but you seem to be lost in your own world, thinking about me?",he said with a smirk.

"Uh no!"

"Ok, anyways, we've reached, come on, I want to go and sleep! I'm very exhausted"

"Hmm", I said as I opened the door and stepped out. I retrieved my bag from the back seat. It'll be better to just sleep... I rubbed my eyes and let out a yawn as I thought about it, but just them my stomach growled and I rubbed it.

I forgot to eat the whole day. I was so busy in distracting myself. I just smiled sadly, as I walked towards the house towing behind Arjun.

"You hungry?"

I just nodded and then realized that that he couldn't see since his back is towards me.

"Well, then we'll have to order some food, oh and I can't see if you nod when I'm not facing you", he said as he turned around and smiled.

How dare he smile? I'll strangle him!

We both enter the living room and find that there's no light.

I'm scared of darkness. Oh god! I move my hands around to find that Arjun wasn't near. I move forward but the squeak of something jolts me and I almost let out a scream before realising that it was probably one of Aryan's toy.

"Arjun!"

"Arjun! It's not funny, please", I plead out.

When I don't find him or hear him, I feel scared.

Just then an arm wrapped around my back and I let out a scream as the lights turned on.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So I'm back with a small update. Sorry but atleast I tried. Honestly, I just wanted to update today and I tried my best.

Anyways, I hope you guys are safe and following the social distancing rule.

Q. Do you have a sibling?
A. Yes, an elder brother who is nothing but a pain in the ass 🙄

B-but, please close the curtain, just 5 more mins:

Love,
D