Chapters Four + Five (combined)

a/n here's a slightly longer chapter- I combined four and five so here it is! hope you enjoy!

_______________________________________________________

(ruel's pov)

"good evening new york city!" i called out and the crowd burst into cheers. i loves concerts. they can definitely be stressful, but my fans are always supportive and the energy and vibe of them captivating and i love every bit of them.. i wondered if the girl I had run into would be here today. she had to be, since after all i had run into her outside the venue. i scanned the crowd. i couldn't find her yet, but i had a whole two hours- plus the meet and greet- to find her, since her ticket said she purchased both.

i started off the set singing down for you, my new single, and as i continued through the set list i kept looking for her. she should be near the front since i upgraded her tickets. where is she???

(cassie's pov)

iz and charlie had finally stopped talking about the ticket upgrade/ trying to figure out who upgraded them since ruel had taken the stage. he started by singing down for you, and i kept thinking about the boy from earlier. i decided that if i saw him again i would ask him to exchange socials with me so we could hang out in the future. when my mind stopped wandering and my brain finally went back to the concert i looked up- straight into ruel's eyes. i could have imagined it, but i could have sworn a flash of recognition crossed his features as he sang the first notes to dazed and confused. throughout the concert i continued to take photos and videos and due to our constant eye contact i got some pretty good ones to show ellie. of course he looked away periodically but his eyes seemed to keep circling back to me.

char definitely noticed. "he's looking at you AGAIN???" she screamed over the music, and iz's mouth fell open in shock.

if they didn't love him so much they would be concerned.

as the concert went by, i sang his songs and took lots of videos and photos with charlie and isabella. towards the end, charlie threw my phone to ruel. i turned to yell at her, but he caught it and as he sang wrote something down on my phone as we all screamed. he handed it back moments later and winked at me. i decided to open it later so it would be more personal.

i was paying so much attention to the concert that i didn't even remember it until after he finished and we were standing in line for the extended meet and greet. since we had VIP tickets we got to talk to him for longer than the normal m&g people. as we stood in line my curiosity got the best of me and since we had twelve other people in line ahead of us i asked char and bella to save me a spot and i ran to the bathroom to look at it in private.

when i had finally found an open stall and shut the lock, i sat down and opened my phone. it was open on notes, and when i read what he had written the phone fell out of my hands i was so shocked.

______________________________________________________

a/n okay so i know this is a terrible chapter sorry eek

okay more below this

______________________________________________________

i picked my phone up, which thankfully didn't seem to be damaged. i was confused. why had he written his number down? i didn't know him personally and hadn't even met him- i was supposed to meet him soon, but it's not like we had run into each other before.  what if i was. psycho fan and i leaked his number? i'm obviously not, but what would he do? was he the person who upgraded my tickets? and why me? he hadn't even seen me before.

these thoughts swirled around my brain as i quickly washed my hands and ran back in line. i figured now was not the best time to tell the girls, since everyone was around and would freak out. however, i was definitely asking him about this during our meet and greet, so they would find out soon enough. before i knew it we were first in line. the red headed security guard who had upgraded our tickets walked us back. "you're lucky," he remarked, "not everybody gets ticket upgrades; in fact you're the first i've seen." before i could ask him what he meant and who upgraded my ticket, we were whisked into another hallway by another guard and he was gone.

when we got to the room we sat down on the long couch and waited for ruel to come inside. a familiar figure came

in the door and grinned at me. "why are you here?" i asked.

he laughed. "you really don't recognize me?" he asked, shaking his head. i looked to char and iz who were acting shell-shocked and kept looking between us in amazement.

And that's when it hit me. Ruel was the boy that i kept running into. i sat there for a moment processing everything and he laughed along with my two best friends. "hi!" i squeaked out in shock.

once i had calmed down we laughed and explained how we met to charlie and isabella (who were both angry with me for not mentioning him but also excited and jealous all at once) and in general had a good time.

at the end of our time together as ruel walked us out he pulled me aside. "would you wanna grab coffee tomorrow with me?" he asked, "i don't leave town until thursday." before i could get a word in edgewise the girls squealed and responded for me. we talked for a minute more and i gave him my number quickly as the security guards ushered us out and to the merch stand. it had been a long day, but i was so excited i wasn't sure if i would be able to sleep. life had gotten so much more interesting in the last sixteen hours.

before we went home iz insisted i buy an outfit for the next day. i knew this would mean she would require me to wear something other than sweatpants and a jumper, which i wasn't excited about, but i wanted to look my best tomorrow. we stopped at a vintage store along the way and i found a super cute oversized tee i could tuck into a jean skirt with a circle chain belt.

after that, we went home and i immediately fell asleep. i was excited, but also exhausted, and i was out as soon as my head hit the pillow and fell asleep dreaming of what tomorrow might be like.

________________________________________________________

okay I low-key hate my writing but here's some more! lmk if you have any suggestions

sorry this is kinda rough coz I combined chapters but hey we got 1,130 words woohoo!!!

okay bye remember to vote and comment if you like it and let me know if you have any suggestions!